TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #61
HSW

Michael called me back and said they made this a "national ticket" so it should get a lot of attention.

Lots of other stuff
HSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #62
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSW View Post

Michael called me back and said they made this a "national ticket" so it should get a lot of attention.
This is encouraging news. Thanks for the update!
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #63
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Quote:
Yes, I just got an email from Comcast Executive care saying something similar i.e., that the problem has been escalated.
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #64
HSW

Just got a call from Comcast; they said it was a "server migration" issue and that it has been corrected. My VOD(60089) is now working.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #65
TiVoJimmy

Quote:
Just got a call from Comcast; they said it was a "server migration" issue and that it has been corrected. My VOD(60089) is now working.
Good to hear, I'll have to try it when I get home (60089). Did you have to reboot the TiVo?
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #66
HSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJimmy View Post
Good to hear, I'll have to try it when I get home (60089). Did you have to reboot the TiVo?
No. Both Roamio and Premiere units working without re-boot.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #67
gweempose

Quote:

I'm away from home, but I was so excited by this news that I used the Slingbox app on my phone to check. Xfinity VOD is indeed working for me as well. No reboot necessary. To be honest, I'm shocked Comcast figured out the problem so quickly. Given their track record, I was prepared to wait months.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #68
HSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

I'm away from home, but I was so excited by this news that I used the Slingbox app on my phone to check. Xfinity VOD is indeed working for me as well. No reboot necessary. To be honest, I'm shocked Comcast figured out the problem so quickly. Given their track record, I was prepared to wait months.
The national repair center has the only comcast reps that have a clue about anything.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #69
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
The national repair center has the only comcast reps that have a clue about anything.
so very, very true. i refuse to call comcast again. when i need help, i drive to the local office, and talk face to face with a rep. i've saved hours of time, and loads of frustration.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #70
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

Working again here in Cary (60013).

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream
dmk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #71
Yuterald

I can tell you that in Nashville, TN I'm getting the same error. I just got a Roamio since Xfinity went live in Nashville and I get the 2 second 'freeze' for any VOD. I'm waiting for a call back from Tech level 2 who FINALLY got my pay stations working today.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #72
caryrae73

I got a Roamio yesterday just the basic one and installed the cable card and got it activated. XOD has not worked since. At first I couldn't even get into XOD and would get an err-2 error (whatever that means) now all day today I can get into on demand but it will only play shows for 2 seconds then freezes. Comcast tried getting to work but no luck I do have a tech coming Monday. I never had a problem when I had my premiere. Hopefully it's just the card is bad.
caryrae73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #73
Yuterald

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryrae73 View Post
I got a Roamio yesterday just the basic one and installed the cable card and got it activated. XOD has not worked since. At first I couldn't even get into XOD and would get an err-2 error (whatever that means) now all day today I can get into on demand but it will only play shows for 2 seconds then freezes. Comcast tried getting to work but no luck I do have a tech coming Monday. I never had a problem when I had my premiere. Hopefully it's just the card is bad.
I got it fixed and had that same problem. Here's what I suggest - call Tivo (NOT comcast). They will call the Comcast Tier 2 Tech support based in CO and they will work with you until it's fixed. It took the tech until the next day to get it corrected - he escalated to the Head Unit team. You don't need a tech to come out.