Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #31
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
When I get those errors a reboot of the mini or Roamio usually fixes it.
Should have probably mentioned in my original post. Rebooting was the first thing I tried, but no luck.
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #32
gweempose

Same thing here. VOD was working fine ever since it first showed up on my boxes. Suddenly, it won't work on any of them. I tried rebooting, but it didn't fix it. What's the deal? Could it be related to the 20.4.1 rollout?
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:49 AM   #33
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Same thing here. VOD was working fine ever since it first showed up on my boxes. Suddenly, it won't work on any of them. I tried rebooting, but it didn't fix it. What's the deal? Could it be related to the 20.4.1 rollout?
I had been using Xfinity VOD with 20.4.1, so in my case I don't consider it likely. I'm in the 60089 zip code. I have contacted Comcast tech support and went through the usual scripted solutions from the lowest level of tech support with no effect, slowly getting the problem escalated until I find/talk to someone who actually understands how it all works. This could take a while to resolve.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #34
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebbe View Post

I had been using Xfinity VOD with 20.4.1, so in my case I don't consider it likely. I'm in the 60089 zip code. I have contacted Comcast tech support and went through the usual scripted solutions from the lowest level of tech support with no effect, slowly getting the problem escalated until I find/talk to someone who actually understands how it all works. This could take a while to resolve.
I'm in Northbrook, so we're right by each other. The fact that it suddenly stopped working for both of us means that either Comcast or TiVo did something to break it. My guess is Comcast, but who knows. I'm curious to know if everyone who lives in this area was similarly affected. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else who lives by me and has Series 4 or newer TiVos.

There is a thread over on the Comcast forums that I bookmarked a while ago in case I ever needed it. It seems like it addresses a different problem than what we are experiencing, but it could be helpful nonetheless. Here's a link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-O...s/td-p/1604805

Keep us posted on your dealings with Comcast. Good luck!
(3) Minis

Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #35
HSW

I just got a new Roamio and have 2 Premieres. I live in the 60089 and am getting the cardio error message. I heard it's a billing code error. There are supposedly 2 places where the Tivo Premiere (not Roamio) code has to be inputted. My suggestion is to call the National Repair Line. They are the only people at Comcast that seem to have a clue as to what's going on. Never call 1-800-comcast. The National Repair line number is: (877) 761-5015, option 3.

Lots of other stuff
HSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #36
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSW View Post
I just got a new Roamio and have 2 Premieres. I live in the 60089 and am getting the cardio error message. I heard it's a billing code error. There are supposedly 2 places where the Tivo Premiere (not Roamio) code has to be inputted. My suggestion is to call the National Repair Line. They are the only people at Comcast that seem to have a clue as to what's going on. Never call 1-800-comcast. The National Repair line number is: (877) 761-5015, option 3.
So they need to use a Premiere code even with the Roamios?
(3) Minis

Old 04-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #37
HSW

Quote:
So they need to use a Premiere code even with the Roamios?
That is what I read but have not confirmed it yet.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #38
grey ghost

I have it in Jackson MS without the need to do anything. Just turned it on and VOD was there and it worked
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #39
lpwcomp

Since when does Comcast even know what model TiVo the CableCARD is in?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #40
HSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Since when does Comcast even know what model TiVo the CableCARD is in?
Good question. That might not be the issue. I just got off the phone with Michael at the national repair line; he said it is a billing code issue and he made a change and I'll find out when I get home tonite if it works.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #41
wco81

You guys are making me paranoid.

Haven't checked On Demand in weeks, now wonder if it will even work.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #42
HSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
You guys are making me paranoid.

Haven't checked On Demand in weeks, now wonder if it will even work.
My mother-in-law's Roamio (60062 area) was working for On-Demand, now it's not working.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #43
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSW View Post

My mother-in-law's Roamio (60062 area) was working for On-Demand, now it's not working.
I think 60062 and 60089 are both fed form the same headend (Mount Prospect?). They obviously did something recently to f*** up the VOD.
(3) Minis

Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #44
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Quote:
I think 60062 and 60089 are both fed form the same headend (Mount Prospect?). They obviously did something recently to f*** up the VOD.
Yes it certainly seems that way. 60089 used to be the Rolling Meadows headend but in the last few months I think we got switched to Mount Prospect.

I got through to Comcast's National Repair Center. The tech acknowledged that there is a problem specific to this area and a few others around the country. They do not know yet what has gone awry, but unlike the issue with VOD freezing after a few seconds which is a specific account/cable card issue, this problem is most likely at the headend.

Last edited by drebbe : 04-21-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #45
WVZR1

I've had VOD for a very long time but I seldom use it. I tried Sunday to catch up with a few episodes of Mad Men and I ended up with a 2 channel stereo feed rather than 5.1 to my receiver. I hadn't noticed this previously but like I mentioned I don't use it often. I checked a couple different shows also and ended up with 2 channel and not 5.1. Yesterday the same episodes were in 2 channel but I tried another show and got 5.1.

I posted in the Premiere section with no responses and I thought I might just ask here since this thread seems to have some recent activity.

I believe I could post Show and episode # if someone would check and se what theirs is doing. My TiVo is HDMI to the display and optical to the receiver. I've no issues with any other audio except from time to time a delay/lip-sync.
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #46
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebbe View Post

I got through to Comcast's National Repair Center. The tech acknowledged that there is a problem specific to this area and a few others around the country. They do not know yet what has gone awry, but unlike the issue with VOD freezing after a few seconds which is a specific account/cable card issue, this problem is most likely at the headend.
Thanks for the update! It sounds like there is nothing we can really do except sit tight for now and hope Comcast figures it out.
(3) Minis

Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #47
Pejota

I'm on Comcast in Central Florida and OnDemand has been working fine here since it showed up a few weeks ago. I just noticed today though that it has disappeared completely from my TiVos. It's not even on the Select Video Providers menu. I did restart my Roamio Plus today as I was setting up a new Mini, but I don't know if that's related.

Has anyone with the issue in Illinois tried restarting their TiVo and seen if OnDemand is still there when it finishes? I wonder if my issue is related.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #48
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejota View Post

Has anyone with the issue in Illinois tried restarting their TiVo and seen if OnDemand is still there when it finishes? I wonder if my issue is related.
I just rebooted my Roamio and one of my Premieres. Xfinity On Demand is still there, but I'm getting the same "tivocardio" error as before when I try to ask it.
(3) Minis

Old 04-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #49
HSW

Quote:
I just rebooted my Roamio and one of my Premieres. Xfinity On Demand is still there, but I'm getting the same "tivocardio" error as before when I try to ask it.
Still no luck. Michael at the National Repair Center was supposed to contact me last nite but no call. He said he had to send an email out because he was not sure what the cause is.

Lots of other stuff
Old 04-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #50
mjcxp

Tivo Xfinity on Demand was working perfectly for me since it became available last month. I just noticed yesterday that when i click on it I get the following error: "Service Error. Unable to process request. Please call customer service. The locale code is (tivocardio-ch2-a4p.comcast.com)." I am located in Illinois if that matters. Hopefully Comcast will get it figured out.
mjcxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #51
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcxp View Post

Tivo Xfinity on Demand was working perfectly for me since it became available last month. I just noticed yesterday that when i click on it I get the following error: "Service Error. Unable to process request. Please call customer service. The locale code is (tivocardio-ch2-a4p.comcast.com)." I am located in Illinois if that matters. Hopefully Comcast will get it figured out.
Yep. This is the same error that we are all getting. HSW has been in contact with the Comcast National Repair Center, and they are apparently aware of the problem. I'm thinking that we should all call. Perhaps it will help to light a fire under their butt if more people complain about this.

The phone number is (877) 761-5015, option 3.
(3) Minis

Old 04-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #52
TiVoJimmy

Quote:
Yep. This is the same error that we are all getting. HSW has been in contact with the Comcast National Repair Center, and they are apparently aware of the problem. I'm thinking that we should all call. Perhaps it will help to light a fire under their butt if more people complain about this.

The phone number is (877) 761-5015, option 3.
Same error here in 60089. haven't called yet.
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #53
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJimmy View Post
Same error here in 60089. haven't called yet.
Same error here in 60013 (not on a Roamio, but 2 Premiere's and all 4 linked Mini's).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 21, 7 06 31 PM.jpg (107.1 KB, 11 views)

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream

Last edited by dmk1974 : 04-24-2014 at 03:04 PM.
dmk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #54
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

We see this error (C17, I think) all the time, but just have to hit play a few times until we get the video to play. I think it might be a VOD capacity limitation given that the video actually comes down a tuned QAM channel to your Tivo.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #55
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
We see this error (C17, I think) all the time, but just have to hit play a few times until we get the video to play. I think it might be a VOD capacity limitation given that the video actually comes down a tuned QAM channel to your Tivo.
Not the same problem. We don't even get the labyrinthine menus to select a program to play. We just get the service error after selecting "Xfinity On Demand" under "Find TV, Movies and videos" in TiVo Central
Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #56
blips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcxp View Post
I also get this error. I thought it was because I just switched from the Tivo Premiere to the Roamio last Friday. I tried to call last night but the wait time was a 1/2 hour and I only had 20 minutes before I had to run out. So I hung up.
blips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #57
ffitzgerald39

I am also in 60089. Reached Comcast level 2 service who said it was a known problem in northern Illinois. They don't know the cause. They took down all the cable card numbers and the TIVO serial number. They are not sure how soon it will be fixed.
ffitzgerald39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #58
ToastyZ71

Whatever the issue, it must be your specific headend, I'm in 60490 served out of Romeoville and VOD is still working here. Hope you're fixed up soon. It's good that the National Repair Center is up on it, they were quite helpful with my Cablecard issues
ToastyZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #59
gweempose

Since so many people are affected by this, perhaps TiVo can go to bat for us and speed things up. How do we make this happen?
(3) Minis

Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #60
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyZ71 View Post
...I'm in 60490 served out of Romeoville roamioville and VOD is still working here.
maybe tivo should pull a "dish, tx" and strike a marketing deal with your town???

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote