TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
tivaulo

Any unlisted differences in between the Basic and the Plus?

I'm trying to see the if the plus is worth the extra $200 in my case.

I already knew some of the differences but after looking at this page https://www.tivo.com/shop/roamio#tab1 I found out about the MoCA bridge and remote finder that I didn't know.

Since I'm Ethernet wired, I have a Sling, I can live with 4 tuners and all the other listed differences (read HD) don't mean much to me. I think the basic is the right choice in my case.

Aside form the physical aspect, are there any other differences in between the basic and the plus versions?

Last edited by tivaulo : 08-26-2013 at 12:40 AM.
tivaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Kobe_No_Means_No

I was in the same situation with you, and I got the Plus just because it's fully-loaded and maybe I'll end up using moca or something later on, or if I resell the box with my lifetime service the Plus is probably a more attractive box. I'm a Slingbox user so the added streaming functions aren't that useful to me. Either way you'll be happy. The new Tivo is extremely fast, I'm loving it. I have it set up with the Slingbox. Roamio isn't supported by the Slingbox yet, but just choose Tivo XL4 as your system and the virtual remote and everything work just fine.
Kobe_No_Means_No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
tivaulo

Thank you No_Means_No, you probably saved me some hours of frustration trying to guess which remote to pick.

I'll probably stick with the Basic then, while we both wait for Kobe to retire...
Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
tivaulo

Hey, I'm gonna answer my own question in case someone wonders into this page and gets the wrong idea.

There is one major difference wrongly mentioned on Tivo's website. The Basic is 10/100 while the Plus is 10/100/1000. If that is important to you make sure you don't get fooled by Tivo.