TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #31
ltxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
Christ almighty, how have I not known this? I've owned every TiVo since 2003!
....that's ok, been doing TiVo since 2000 and just figured this out during my last upgrade in Feb 2010.

Last edited by ltxi; 11-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #32
GMNorthrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaneyapanda View Post
Stupidly, that link actually doesn't explain how to have the remote control the AV power. I don't understand why TiVo still has this info not publicized.

To make your remote control the AV power, hold down the tivo+power buttons for a few seconds until the light comes on, then enter in the AV code again (the same one you used to let you control AV mute and volume). That's it!

Note that, if you have a choice of many codes, a code that works for mute and volume may not work for power - you may have to keep trying other codes for your brand receiver to find one that works for all three.
Thank you. I had to try quite a few codes but I finally can turn my Onkyo receiver on and off with the Roamio remote.

GMNorthrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #33
philter25

Finally! Thank you!

The tivo instructions do NOT include this step. The step by step remote set up included in the tivo menus also do not include this step.

I almost spent 50 bucks on a slide remote for the programmability to turn on and off my receiver.

I did the tivo TV setup, then the receiver setup, then power and tivo button for the receiver again. I now can turn on and off the TV and receiver with the same power button and use the tivo volume and mute buttons to control the sound on the receiver.

Tivo needs to update their instructions!

philter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #34
pfiagra

Just saw this as well.

Although I've always had the tivo remote control the sound, my one daughter would always lose the sound bar remote (to turn it on and off) in the couch. Now I am happy!

pfiagra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #35
psmith1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
Christ almighty, how have I not known this? I've owned every TiVo since 2003!
I, too NEVER knew this; and I am on my third TiVo!!!!

psmith1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #36
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaneyapanda View Post
I have noticed that sometimes only one or the other turns on/off, but have always chalked it up to a line-of-sight problem. Getting them resynced can be a bit of a chore, but I usually get it done by pushing the button, waiting half a second, then covering the IR shield on the remote. I have always just assumed the IR commands were sent sequentially, so by doing so I was blocking the second one from getting transmitted.

I haven't never noticed the speed with which I pushed (or released) the button to have any effect, but then again I guess I always push the button for about the same normal duration.
I have the same issue with my Premiere remote, my Slide Pro will only do the TV, so I have basically given up, and I do the AVR with it's OEM remote, and then grab the Slide Pro, turn the TV on and proceed from there. I would guess that the Slide Pro is equivalent to the Roamio remote (obviously minus the 'board), but I'm not positive that's the case.

Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #37
foghorn2

I programmed my slide pro input button to turn the receiver on/off using the learning feature.

foghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #38
CybrFyre

Even w learning, it won't power on and off my Panasonic projectors. Would love to be able to do that. Need to query support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CybrFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #39
Railmanm

Receiver turns on main and zone 2

Has anyone else come across this issue. New to TiVo only have my pro about a week. I was able to program remote to turn on my Yamaha Rx-v673 receiver.the problem is it turns on my main zone and zone2. I've tried different codes and it either tuns on both zones or nothing. Hope someone maybe found a work around for this.

Railmanm is offline   Reply With Quote