TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Papzi

kmttg and TiVO HD

Hello Everyone... I have been a TiVo user for almost 20 years, and I love TiVo. I encountered a problem downloading a partially recorded show, and I have no idea why, other than the file was corrupted for some reason, and it was 10gbs. So, trying to find a different way of downloading, I tried using my https://... now playing window, and came up with this:
<h2>Bad Request</h2>
session id missing.

I then tried kmttg, which I love... It didn't work for my file, but I love all the features, and will totally use this for now on.

While configuring the settings on kmttg, I read that only Series 4 units will have the remote capabilities, and I have an HD. Has anyone found a way to get the full functionality of the remote tab for the HD series? I keep getting:
port=1413 timed out.

I am not due to buy another TiVo for a while, but I would love the features of kmttg. I would love any help that is possible.

Thank you!
Papzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papzi View Post
Hello Everyone... I have been a TiVo user for almost 20 years, and I love TiVo. I encountered a problem downloading a partially recorded show, and I have no idea why, other than the file was corrupted for some reason, and it was 10gbs. So, trying to find a different way of downloading, I tried using my https://... now playing window, and came up with this:
<h2>Bad Request</h2>
session id missing.

I then tried kmttg, which I love... It didn't work for my file, but I love all the features, and will totally use this for now on.

While configuring the settings on kmttg, I read that only Series 4 units will have the remote capabilities, and I have an HD. Has anyone found a way to get the full functionality of the remote tab for the HD series? I keep getting:
port=1413 timed out.

I am not due to buy another TiVo for a while, but I would love the features of kmttg. I would love any help that is possible.

Thank you!
First, make sure that your TiVo user id and password are set up under the "Configuration->Tivos tab". Then read the "New program for 1 step TTG downloads, decryption, encoding - kmttg" thread starting here.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Papzi

Hello Lpwcomp,
Thank you for the quick response. I read that entire post of threads, and I am able to see my TiVos on the pulldown, I am just not able to populate any of my shows that will be recorded when I hit the refresh button, under the ToDo tab under remote. So on for Season Pass, and the others... I do have the function of the remote control, which is great, but I would love to have the full function. As I read the directions it stated that only S4 has that functionality, and I was hoping that there was a workaround for my little old HD models.
Thanks again for your quick response.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Hello Lpwcomp,
Thank you for the quick response. I read that entire post of threads, and I am able to see my TiVos on the pulldown, I am just not able to populate any of my shows that will be recorded when I hit the refresh button, under the ToDo tab under remote. So on for Season Pass, and the others... I do have the function of the remote control, which is great, but I would love to have the full function. As I read the directions it stated that only S4 has that functionality, and I was hoping that there was a workaround for my little old HD models.
Thanks again for your quick response.
Do you have your tivo.com user id and password set, as detailed in this post?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
moyekj

In addition to supplying tivo.com login and password as lpwcomp mentioned above you should turn off "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" option since that only works for series 4 units. You will get some additional functionality beyond just the remote such as ToDo list but it will be limited compared to what you can do with series 4 units (and no, there's no workaround to improve on that).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Papzi

Thanks so much, again for the quick reply... Yes... I did play with that, and it did give me functionality, but I guess that is all I get. I did get the population of lists without the iPad button checked. Thanks for all your help! SOLVED!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Hello Everyone... I have been a TiVo user for almost 20 years, and I love TiVo.
Impressive. Must be some sort of time travel to have one before the original Series 1 shipped.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote