TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
amseven11

Tuner Adapter Help on Roamio's

Hey guys, after hard drive update experiments etc. I FINALLY got Charter to install today. I have a question. I have 2 Roamio (4 tuner boxes) and 1 Premiere (2 tuners) I was given Motorolla MTR700 TA's. Going through the install with a phone rep I got a message saying they only support 2 tuners there for all 4 won't be useable. Does this sound right? I only ask because I had a bunch of stuff set to record and from everything I can tell 4 tuners are recording when I set them on the Roamio. I just checked again and set 4 things to record all in HD and them played each back. So am I good to go? Charter said they would bring the "proper TA's" tomorrow but maybe that message earlier about the tuners was just a glitch?
amseven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #2
MeInDallas

See if you can go into settings and messages/account & system information/tuning adapter/tuning adapter diagnostics, and then it will turn into that gray and black screen, then go down to code modules, and see what platform version is listed there. If its platform version 01.37 or higher then the tuning adapter supports 6 tuners.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
amseven11

Thanks so much. I'm good to go!
amseven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
supie

Hi
I have Charter and 2 XL4's and now a Roamio Pro. I have had the XL4’s since they came out and 4 tuners do work.

Charter people will will give you the wrong info just because there are a very few that know what they are talking about. I was told just yesterday that they do not support TiVo?

I found when they don't know what is right you have to keep escalating till you get someone who is knowledgeable.
Tivo S3 – 1.25TB – Lifetime
Tivo Desktop – 4TB
Tivo iPad App x2
RIP TiVo S3 x2
RIP Replay TV x 4
supie is offline   Reply With Quote