TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
Sam Dotson

Roam just started HDMI Not Permitted Error

I've just started getting "HDMI Not Permitted" on my Roamio. I have now connected the Roamio directly to an HDMI port on my Samsung UN46D6900WF tv with a completely different HDMI cable and I get the same result. In the System Information menu on the Roamio Under "HDMI Status" it says "HDCP not enabled"

I have completely unplugged both the Roamio and TV multiple times, with the same result.

I have unplugged both ends of the HDMI cable during reboots and a get the same result.

I have also just connected my computer monitor to the Roamio with the same result as well.

What should I try next?

Sam

Sam Dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
gweempose

Did this problem just start after a recent software update?

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Sam Dotson

It may have, but I'm not sure because I've been traveling quite a bit lately and it started sometime last week while I was gone. I do think that could be related because both happened while I was away.

What day did the update come out?

Sam

Old 12-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
sammacal

Got the update, now can't watch TV

My Roamio got the update yesterday, today I am having the same issues as you. This afternoon it got worse, I can now only watch local channels. Don't know if I should call Time Warner or Tivo. Any suggestions?

sammacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
Shagger

I had the HDMI not permitted on my TiVo Premiere. I rebooted it 3-4 times to no effect. But the TV and the TiVo have to exchange HDCP keys so try unplugging your TV too, not just turning it off, unplug it. Then unplug the TiVo. Wait 30 seconds. Then plug them both back in. Hopefully that will get the TV and the Roamio talking HDCP to each other again.

Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
Sam Dotson

I've rebooted by unplugging both the TV and Roamio several times and it hasn't worked. I have changed HDMI cables, and connected the Roamio directly to the TV and that hasn't resolved the issue either.

I have temoroarly connected the Roamio via component cables and this works for now, but I obviously need a better solution.

Sam

Old 12-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
Tivoguy41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dotson View Post
I've rebooted by unplugging both the TV and Roamio several times and it hasn't worked. I have changed HDMI cables, and connected the Roamio directly to the TV and that hasn't resolved the issue either.

I have temoroarly connected the Roamio via component cables and this works for now, but I obviously need a better solution.

Sam
Try changing the tv input from hdmi to hdmi2 (if you have it) hit the TiVo central button, and change tv back to the hdmi that TiVo is on. I have a similar problem where my tv doesn't recognize the screen resolution.

Tivoguy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
cwoody222

Started happening to me after the recent TiVo software upgrade.

I reset my tv to factory defaults to solve it.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
Sam Dotson

I've tried rebooting both TV and Roamio several times in different orders, and I have reset my TV back to factory defaults but the problem still persists.

As a workaround I have connected the TV to the Roamio via Component cables.

Sam

Old 05-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #10
Sam Dotson

I have now replaced the TV and HDMI cable with the same result. I have also taken the old TV and connected it via HDMI to a TiVo Mini and it works fine. This is clearly an issue with my TiVo Roamio that started just after a software update.

Any further suggestions before permanently convert to Component video or replace my TiVo unit?

Sam