How would this hypothetical transition work? I'd want to cancel service on my non-lifetimed Roamio Basic immediately and get the cable card in the new box. I have a bunch of questions:
1) Will have to get a new cablecard from Time Warner?
2) Will I have to get a new tuning adapter?
3) I've read about people transferring season passes. How does one do this and can wishlists also be transferred?
4) Can we still continue to go through the backlog of already recorded shows we have on the basic if it both has no TiVo service and no cablecard or will it shut itself down?
5) If I can still watch the recordings, I'd need to temporarily have two TiVos in the same room and on the same TV. How does this work with a remote?
6) What is the going rate of a used Roamio Basic without lifetime? I'd want to sell mine.
And some functional questions too about the Plus versus the Basic:
A) Does TiVo Stream need and iOS device or can it stream to a laptop? We are an android and windows family.
B) If I am starting with a blank harddrive again, I'd want to upgrade it as much as I can. How big of an internal can I add and what is the cost?