TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
ReidWings

Trouble streaming/downloading

I have a new Tivo Roamio Plus and have had lots of trouble getting streaming to work (in my home network).

Streaming Setup worked at one point, and was successful. I was able to stream a few shows here and there but then it would say streaming device not found and ask me to repeat Streaming Setup.

I had repeat Streaming Setup numerous times and sometimes it would work, and sometimes it would stay Streaming Device Not Found.

Then, yesterday when I went to stream it would start streaming but no video would come through. I would just get a blank screen. Same for downloading - it would just hang at 0kb downloaded.

So I went and rebooted my Tivo Roamio to see if this would fix the problem (I've done this multiple times throughout the process). Now, the TiVo app says Streaming Device Not Found and won't complete setup again.

This has happened before and after a day or so I usually get back to either sporadic streaming success, or the blank streams I described above.

My TiVo is directly connected over ethernet to my router, an Apple Time Capsule.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Update: Rebooted my router as well. Now I was able to connect to the Stream again, but it's a blank video with no content. Same for downloading - nothing comes through and it just hangs.

Update2: Got it working. Was a jailbreak issue on my iPhone. Works fine on my iPad and everything is good! Fingers crossed it stays working.

Last edited by ReidWings : 03-05-2014 at 11:52 PM.
ReidWings is offline   Reply With Quote