TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
synch22

Will an already activated and working roamio, work if restarted without internet

I am having issues for some reason adding some channels to my cable package. I just upgraded services 2 weeks ago no problem but now an additional upgrade is refusing to work. ( I have on demand and everything else working no problem this is strange)

The guy said it could be the splitters etc, which i do have and have never had problems getting signals. So since my splitters are in wall, if I unplugged the roamio and hook it up in another room to try and have a signal sent to the box with no splitters in the way will the tivo boot up and work with no internet?

Right now its hard wired i have the moca all setup running no problems, I dont want to plug the box in and have it ask me to change settings.

Thanks
synch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

It will work, but alot of features obviously wont work, "what to watch", apps, discovery bar, etc and you'll get some error messages.

What exactly are the "issues"?

Who is your cable co?

DVR diagnostics to look at your signal strength?

Did you re-run guided setup?

What other steps have you tried?
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
synch22

My issue was a signal from.the cable company ( upgrading channels)despite never having an issue before would not come through. I unhooked the TiVo and it did boot up no problem.without internet. This time the coax was straight from the wall no.splitters.and the signal worked no.problem.
My issue was solved, and I returned the TiVo to the original spot splitters and all.
synch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

That means you have a signal strength issue where the TiVo is normally located. A lot of times when there is a strength issue the OOB signal the CableCARD uses for receiving messages and lineup changes from your cable company is the first to suffer. You should consider buying an amp. Install it before all the splits, as close to where the cable comes into the house as you can, so it can help amplify the good signal before it's degraded by the splitters etc...
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
mattack

It will boot, but you can't even do things like View Upcoming without the net!!! I like many features of my P4 & Roamio, but the "Internet dependency" is one feature I detest. The fact that streaming/downloading shows (e.g. to iPad) requires a net connection, when I could use kmttg on a disconnected Tivo, stinks too..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote