TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
jedisinclair

My experience - stellar

Sorry to hear some people are having issues with the new Roamio. My experience was perfect. The wifi recognized my network (which is on an Apple Extreme router - older usb wifi adapter had issues connecting). And, Charter was able to pair the cable card from my old Premiere 4 to the Roamio in just a few minutes (I was impressed because it was a hassle pairing it with the Premiere). I am blown away how much faster navigating menus is with the Roamio. With my Premiere, I had to go to SD menus. I recorded and watched a few shows… so far, I am VERY happy with my new Roamio.
jedisinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
davidmcd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisinclair View Post
Sorry to hear some people are having issues with the new Roamio. My experience was perfect. The wifi recognized my network (which is on an Apple Extreme router - older usb wifi adapter had issues connecting). And, Charter was able to pair the cable card from my old Premiere 4 to the Roamio in just a few minutes (I was impressed because it was a hassle pairing it with the Premiere). I am blown away how much faster navigating menus is with the Roamio. With my Premiere, I had to go to SD menus. I recorded and watched a few shows… so far, I am VERY happy with my new Roamio.
Good to hear! I just ordered a Plus from Weaknees. I'm looking forward to it!!
davidmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
filovirus

I too have had a great experience with Roamio Pro upgrading from Premiere XL. Comcast cable card transfer from premiere only took about 5 minutes on the phone. My only problem is trying to figure out what to do with my second XL/cablecard setup, Mini vs. Roamio Basic. By going Mini, my Roamio would be come a single point of failure, so having a backup would be nice. And it would be great if they had a Roamio that did both OTA and Cable like my XL. Guess I stick it out with the XL for the short term.
filovirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
cptlapcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisinclair View Post
Did you have to reboot the tuning adapter before/after pairing the cable card? I have had nothing but problems with Charter cable card and tuning adapter but finally it has been working for the past few weeks and I don't want to go thru the cable card/tuning adapter dance again with the Roamio. I would love the Roamio Plus.
cptlapcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
ken0918

I left Tivo years ago when I had some equipment failures and coudn't be bothered to replace the boxes and subsequently went with Verizon's DVR. Anyway, I just picked up a Roamio Plus and a few Minis for around the house. I'm on Fios and am also having a fantastic experience so far.
ken0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

Let me add another positive voice for Roamio Plus! When I have to use my Premiere in the other room now it's extra painful. Might need to sell it and my HD unit and get some mini's.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
pdxrunr

Another

Same here! Comcast Portland, OR took 5 minutes to move the card from my Premier. Everything else smooth, guided setup, all good. Streaming to the Ipad worked on first try as did moving my season passes online and moving all my content from my Premier. Well executed Tivo! #TivoLove
pdxrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux

Painless setup for me, too. Roamio Pro, 5 minutes on phone with Comcast to pair cablecard with new tivo. MOCA was plug and play (i had MOCA adapters before, so still have one near my modem/router).
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
jedisinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlapcat View Post
Did you have to reboot the tuning adapter before/after pairing the cable card? I have had nothing but problems with Charter cable card and tuning adapter but finally it has been working for the past few weeks and I don't want to go thru the cable card/tuning adapter dance again with the Roamio. I would love the Roamio Plus.
Nope... I just ran Guided Setup (without the cable card or tuning adapter connected). Then I plugged both into the TiVo unit and called Charter. Told the lady I wanted to pair a new cable card. She asked for two numbers, Host ID and Data I think. A few minutes later, all was working perfectly
jedisinclair is offline   Reply With Quote