TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
unitron

Under The Dome - "The Endless Thirst" - 7/29/13

I'm into it as far as the guy being a jackass about his well, and I'm not sure if I can force myself to go on.

If I had my choice between being trapped under that thing with some of those people or being cut in half by it at the beginning, I'd have to think about it long and hard.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Well how do you think it would be if something like that were to actually happen? It would certainly bring out the worst in alot of people and also bring out the best in alot of people. People would react in a wide range of emotions.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
danterner
Not it!

"None of this makes any sense!"

I LOLed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I've been wondering about all the car exhaust in the dome. Surely that stuff will build up over the course of two or three seasons.

But, maybe now that red-haired-gurl-with-dead-hubby thinks that the dome might be helping them, it could recycle all of the CO into rainbows and pastel unicorns.

So, Goth-wannabe-girl and her friend are the power sources for the dome? How's that work?

It's a good thing that radio engineer woman is a walking Wikipedia.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
I've been wondering about all the car exhaust in the dome. Surely that stuff will build up over the course of two or three seasons.

They've already showed that water can pentrate the dome. So oxygen and carbon monoxide should also be able to.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
Barmat

Why was a big box truck for a appliance company driving around in the first place? For that matter why aren't they rationing fuel in the first place?
Barmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
... So, Goth-wannabe-girl and her friend are the power sources for the dome? How's that work?
Raging teenager hormones?

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
danterner
Not it!

What if there IS no dome, and its just some strange phenomenon that turns anything that touches it into a mime?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmat View Post
Why was a big box truck for a appliance company driving around in the first place? For that matter why aren't they rationing fuel in the first place?
So they could get the "King's" Easter egg in there.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
With the missle explosion people only just relaized that they might be trapped long term and start running out of supplies.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
nickels
opinionated dope

The biggest news not mentioned yet is that this show just got renewed for a second season. Now we know that they are going to be stuck under that dome until the ratings drop and people stop watching. So much for a nice mini-series that wraps up after 13 episodes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3671053.html
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
With the missle explosion people only just relaized that they might be trapped long term and start running out of supplies.
Oh No! We're trapped and running out of supplies, better get that big appliance truck to drive down the street.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
danterner
Not it!

Can I just mention how much it bothers me that this episode is entitled "The Endless Thirst," yet the 'thirst' actually lasted less than a day in show-time and spanned only a single episode?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
unitron

Quote:
Yeah, diabetes woman is hallucinating about going to the airport and they ignore her long enough for her to stumble out into traffic, and the traffic is some guy burning irreplaceable gasoline to go barrelling down mainstreet when there's nowhere to go and no hurry to get there because they're all trapped under the freaking dome!

I figure the real reason they made this series is to provide material for a future MST3K revival marathon.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
gweempose

It really pisses me off when a crappy show like this gets picked up for a second season, when brilliant shows like Day Break and Firefly got yanked before they could even air all the episodes in the can.
(3) Minis

Last edited by gweempose : 07-30-2013 at 01:39 PM.
gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
TonyD79

Wow. They went from not having a care in the world to complete riot/meltdown. Neither of which is believable.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
It really pisses me off when a crappy show like this gets picked up for a second season, when brilliant shows like Day Break and Firefly got yanked before they could even air all the episodes in the can.
Firefly?? That was a completely different TV era wasn't it.

besides there are many factors involved with a show getting renewed. It could be the best shw on TV , but if it runs opposite a more popular show it could get crpapy ratings. There have always been good shows that got cancelled over the years, and bad shows that continue on. This has always been the case.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
warrenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
Wow. They went from not having a care in the world to complete riot/meltdown. Neither of which is believable.
And then into being best friends when the rain started coming down. One minute before they were a murderous, raping crowd. Then they all were working together to gather up the rain.
warrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Annnnnd, I'm out. Sorry, Rachel Lefevre, you're just not worth it any more.

The randomly meandering truck minutes after the missile-hit, driven by a guy who can't stop while driving through a crowded town in time to avoid plowing into the water tower...

Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #20
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Annnnnd, I'm out. Sorry, Rachel Lefevre, you're just not worth it any more.

The randomly meandering truck minutes after the missile-hit, driven by a guy who can't stop while driving through a crowded town in time to avoid plowing into the water tower...
I think he used to deliver to the F Troop fort.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I never read the book, and I know that it doesn't matter anymore, but dammit, I want to see pink stars falling.

So, I may not watch the whole ep every week, I'll check in to see the lowlights.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
I'll keep watching...as something on in the background while I do something else.

Yeah, the stupidity of the whole truck/water tower scene was excruciating...and then, as mentioned above, from raping and pillaging to kumbaya with a rain storm.

I'm getting closer to wanting to read the book just to experience a better story.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #23
danterner
Not it!

The thing that's keeping me invested is the concept that the dome is coordinating events somehow. For example, was it coincidental that it started to rain just when the replacement sheriff decided it was time for Rule 2 and drew her gun, or did it start to rain in response to the fact that she did so? The possibility of the latter is interesting to me, though I don't know that that's where the show is going. It's something ripped from the first season of LOST, now that I think of it. Remember how the rains started and stopped in mysterious ways seemingly in response to what the characters were doing? Along similar lines, are people acting crazy because that's just how (poorly written) people behave, or because the dome is somehow affecting how they act?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:

Last edited by danterner : 07-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I'll keep watching...as something on in the background while I do something else.

Yeah, the stupidity of the whole truck/water tower scene was excruciating...and then, as mentioned above, from raping and pillaging to kumbaya with a rain storm.
this is what i was about to post, almost verbatim.

i will never stop reading this thread, though. i enjoy some of my biggest laughs of the week from these posts!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

There is so much stupid in this show that one person can not possibly keep track of it all. I find these episode threads necessary for everyone to help everyone else know every last stupid detail.
I'm almost ready to set up my old vcr with a digital converter box so that I can watch it w/o being counted. I don't want to be partially to blame for the shows continued existence, but it's such a train wreck that I have to look.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
cheesesteak
Meh.

I tried watching this show by ffwding through all of the Junior parts and whatever other subplots I found boring. That failed miserably because there were things happening during those ffwd'd scenes that I was somewhat interested in like what happened to cute kidnapped girl. So I pretty much ended up rewinding the ffwd'd parts and watching them.

I almost turned the show off during the bludgeoning. Did they really need to kill the restaurant lady with a baseball bat? Did the homicidal maniacs get away or as away as you can get while trapped in a dome?

I thought Big Jim was trying to barter sex from the cute girl. "You're all alone. I've got stuff you need and I'm a good friend to have. How 'bout you and me, you know, every once in a while?"

Julia sure got over her beloved hubby really fast.

The two moms are annoying.

I don't care that the two kids are somehow connected to the dome. Kids ruin tv shows.

I really don't like the idea of a sentient dome.

What really ticks me off about this show is me. Until last week, I had six episodes of The Americans backed up on the tivo but I've watched every episode of this stupid, illogical show within a day of it airing. The Americans is so vastly superior to this show in every way possible but I let it collect dust while faithfully watching Under The Dumb. If my tivo had legs it would kick me in the butt.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #27
LlamaLarry

You guys have pretty much covered all my pain from the episode. I am still really bothered by the way the show is handling the insulin issue.

I had a long time GF that is Type 1 and my dad is Type 2. Both of them carry PLENTY of insulin with them on trips and my dad gets his at home via mail order for MONTHS. Yet, it seems that every single diabetic in town goes day by day and use multiple vials a day while they are at it.

Speaking of "days", do we actually know how many days it has been?

Last thing, when people were catching the rain they were standing around like dumbasses with their basins held up over their heads... Just put them down, dumb dumbs, you're going to need all your arm strength for the looting, murdering and raping tomorrow.

:::sigh:::
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
danterner
Not it!

My recollection is that a character in this episode mentioned that it has been three days.

Please don't make me go back to watch again, to verify.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

It occurs to me that since there can be rain under the dome, a Sharknado isn't completely impossible. There's hope for this show yet!

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
I think he used to deliver to the F Troop fort.
I don't think I've heard a shoutout for F Troop in 30 years! Corporal Agarn would be happy.

F Troop was more believable than the Dome.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote