TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
MScottC

Feature Request, Live Box Audio Levels

Another wish, It would be awfully nice to be able to set TiVo to either mute or cut the sound to half level when one goes to TiVo Central after watching a show. I know you can debate where you'd like the audio to be when you enter TiVo Central, but it would be cool for each owner to have their choice, similar to the sound effects levels. Is this possible now?
MScottC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MScottC View Post
Another wish, It would be awfully nice to be able to set TiVo to either mute or cut the sound to half level when one goes to TiVo Central after watching a show. I know you can debate where you'd like the audio to be when you enter TiVo Central, but it would be cool for each owner to have their choice, similar to the sound effects levels. Is this possible now?
The only way it would possible is if it's sending pcm audio like it is when you hear the TiVo sounds. If a program is playing in the window, it will be sending Dolby Digital audio which is decoded by your TV or receiver. So to even have an option to mute the sound it would need to be set for pcm audio output all the time. Which means it would only be stereo audio since the TiVo only sends stereo audio when sending pcm audio out.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Devx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MScottC View Post
Another alternative if it's really disturbing others (or you) is to disable the video window in settings.

Either that or remember to press mute before selecting an option on that previous show.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

I hate that stupid little preview window. That's the first thing I'm going to disable on my new Roamio.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Devx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I hate that stupid little preview window. That's the first thing I'm going to disable on my new Roamio.
I agree sometimes its a bit loud or the content isn't what I want to watch but I can generally live with it, if that was the only issue. The problem I have is with primetime during 8-10pm when the tuners are busy and popping back out to Tivo Central can easily become Spoiler Central for shows that I'm not ready for yet.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
That was one of the things I really liked about the Premiere. I am using it with my Roamio too. I just wish that window was also available on the Mini.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

The spoiler factor is the main reason I hate it. Under what circumstance do you ever really need to watch something in that little window while you're browsing the TiVo menus? I can understand why they added it to the guide, but it seems completely unnecessary in the menus and feels like something they added just because they could.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
Devx

It makes sense if doing some Tivo admin tasks like scheduling, deleting shows, reordering SPs but that could easily be done on smartphones and tablets. Faster too, especially vs the Premiere. That's only if the show being watched is intentional though, not some random channel that the tuner happens to be on.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)