TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
WO312

TWC and mini

I have TWC, which copy protects everything but broadcast channels. I cannot transfer shows between Tivos because of this. If I buy a mini and connect it to my Roamio Plus, what happens? Can I stream those copy protected shows?

WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Yes, you can stream any copy-protected shows to the Mini as if you were sitting in front of the Roamio. You wouldn't be able to view anything from a Series 3 or older, but any shows on a Series 4 or newer would stream to the Mini.

Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
Yes, you can stream any copy-protected shows to the Mini as if you were sitting in front of the Roamio. You wouldn't be able to view anything from a Series 3 or older, but any shows on a Series 4 or newer would stream to the Mini.
Great, thanks. One last question: I also have a Premiere 4. Can the mini stream from either machine? Is there a menu that lets me select which Tivo to stream from, or is is tied to just one machine?

Old 02-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Great, thanks. One last question: I also have a Premiere 4. Can the mini stream from either machine? Is there a menu that lets me select which Tivo to stream from, or is is tied to just one machine?
During setup, you'll pick which DVR will be the "Host". When using a Mini, it will appear as an extension of the Host. You'll see the My Shows list of the Host DVR, you'll take a tuner from the Host. You can switch Hosts at any time by going back into the settings menu.

However, it's very easy to access the My Shows list of the other DVR without changing Hosts. It works just like MRV did multiple Tivos years ago. When browsing the Host's My Shows list, just jump to the bottom an the other DVR will be listed there. Select the other DVR and you'll be able to stream anything from the other DVR's My Shows list instantly.

tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
During setup, you'll pick which DVR will be the "Host". When using a Mini, it will appear as an extension of the Host. You'll see the My Shows list of the Host DVR, you'll take a tuner from the Host. You can switch Hosts at any time by going back into the settings menu.

However, it's very easy to access the My Shows list of the other DVR without changing Hosts. It works just like MRV did multiple Tivos years ago. When browsing the Host's My Shows list, just jump to the bottom an the other DVR will be listed there. Select the other DVR and you'll be able to stream anything from the other DVR's My Shows list instantly.
Super. Thanks for the info. I'm off to buy a mini!