TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
WO312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Finger Lakes, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,330
TWC and mini

I have TWC, which copy protects everything but broadcast channels. I cannot transfer shows between Tivos because of this. If I buy a mini and connect it to my Roamio Plus, what happens? Can I stream those copy protected shows?

WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
Arcady
Stargate Fan
 
Arcady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,960
Yes, you can stream any copy-protected shows to the Mini as if you were sitting in front of the Roamio. You wouldn't be able to view anything from a Series 3 or older, but any shows on a Series 4 or newer would stream to the Mini.

Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
WO312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Finger Lakes, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
Yes, you can stream any copy-protected shows to the Mini as if you were sitting in front of the Roamio. You wouldn't be able to view anything from a Series 3 or older, but any shows on a Series 4 or newer would stream to the Mini.
Great, thanks. One last question: I also have a Premiere 4. Can the mini stream from either machine? Is there a menu that lets me select which Tivo to stream from, or is is tied to just one machine?

WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
tatergator1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Great, thanks. One last question: I also have a Premiere 4. Can the mini stream from either machine? Is there a menu that lets me select which Tivo to stream from, or is is tied to just one machine?
During setup, you'll pick which DVR will be the "Host". When using a Mini, it will appear as an extension of the Host. You'll see the My Shows list of the Host DVR, you'll take a tuner from the Host. You can switch Hosts at any time by going back into the settings menu.

However, it's very easy to access the My Shows list of the other DVR without changing Hosts. It works just like MRV did multiple Tivos years ago. When browsing the Host's My Shows list, just jump to the bottom an the other DVR will be listed there. Select the other DVR and you'll be able to stream anything from the other DVR's My Shows list instantly.

tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
WO312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Finger Lakes, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
During setup, you'll pick which DVR will be the "Host". When using a Mini, it will appear as an extension of the Host. You'll see the My Shows list of the Host DVR, you'll take a tuner from the Host. You can switch Hosts at any time by going back into the settings menu.

However, it's very easy to access the My Shows list of the other DVR without changing Hosts. It works just like MRV did multiple Tivos years ago. When browsing the Host's My Shows list, just jump to the bottom an the other DVR will be listed there. Select the other DVR and you'll be able to stream anything from the other DVR's My Shows list instantly.
Super. Thanks for the info. I'm off to buy a mini!

WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump







Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Advertisements





TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media


(C) 2015 DBNet - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.
Page generated in 0.05548596 seconds (71.93% PHP - 28.07% MySQL) with 18 queries