TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #151
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I did.
But surely somebody else mentioned it earlier...
Old 08-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #152
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

possibly

It looked pretty full to me, too. At least, if not more, than 3/4 full. Todd and his crew can make a heck of a lot more meth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #153
Hank
AC•FTW

I would like to point out that most of you pounced on me when I posted in the previous thread that it was clear (to me) that Declan had bought the tank of Methylamine and Todd didn't have it. Well, I think it's pretty clear now who had it (and who now has it back).
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #154
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I think they missed the mark a bit on this plot because it has so many threads.
I'm pretty surprised at anyone having trouble following it and all the discussion trying to explain what happened. I thought it couldn't be more crystal clear what happened.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #155
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I would like to point out that most of you pounced on me when I posted in the previous thread that it was clear (to me) that Declan had bought the tank of Methylamine and Todd didn't have it. Well, I think it's pretty clear now who had it (and who now has it back).
You were wrong then and you're wrong now. Todd does have it.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #156
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I thought that was pretty clearly confirmed last week when Lydia went to Declan to complain about the drop in quality. The debate about who had the methylamine was back before we knew who was doing the cooking for Lydia's product she was selling to the Czechs. Once we found that out last week, there was no further question.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #157
Numb And Number2

Regarding the hug: I caught a look on Walt's face that communicated to me he was considering snapping Jessie's neck.
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #158
Hank
AC•FTW

Right, but it was clear to me from last season when Walt sold the tank to declan for (I think) 15 million -- Mike got 5 million, and Walt and Jesse split the other 10 (when Walt give the full 5 million to Jesse in those black bags). Whatever the numbers were, the tank was sold to Declan, not left with Todd to cook on his own.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #159
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
And to cook at a lousy 68%

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #160
pmyers

Quote:
Right, but it was clear to me from last season when Walt sold the tank to declan for (I think) 15 million -- Mike got 5 million, and Walt and Jesse split the other 10 (when Walt give the full 5 million to Jesse in those black bags). Whatever the numbers were, the tank was sold to Declan, not left with Todd to cook on his own.
...which never happened......sorry.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #161
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
...which never happened......sorry.
Assuming you're serious, if that "never happened" then why did we see the tank being towed back into New Mexico?

Because it was in Arizona, with Declan's crew.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #162
EscapeGoat
wPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I think they missed the mark a bit on this plot because it has so many threads.
  1. The ricin cig disappears. - Huell took it for Walt.
  2. The kid gets poisoned - It was Jesse's ricin!
  3. Walt poisoned the kid! - To get Jesse in line?
  4. GUS poisoned the kid! - Why, exactly? Walt is on Jesse's side?
  5. It wasn't ricin! - Wha??? How did the kid get sick?
  6. Oh. Here's the ricin in the Roomba! GOTO 5
So, what you're saying is that the packet in the jacket had the pellet with the poison, the Roomba with the ricin had a brew that's untrue?
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #163
Zevida
witless and unarmed

The tank did not get sold to Declan when Walt made the deal. The deal was Walt would cook, Declan would distribute and they'd all get rich. Walt needed the chemical with him for cooking.

The deal that sent the chemical out of state is the one made off screen that we don't know about when Walt retired. Walt obviously made arrangements at his retirement and that's when the chemical would have changed hands.

- billypritchard
Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #164
Hank
AC•FTW

I still don't agree. Then what was the deal in the desert with the 1-gallon free sample they gave Declan, and said "there's 999 more where that came from".
Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #165
jkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I knew when Walt started taping the "confession" and they quickly cut away that it was certainly not going to be Walt actually coming clean on anything. Anyone who has watched the series should have realized that. Walt's always 5 steps ahead. Confessing would be him giving up. Not in his DNA. Especially with the cancer back.
..but they did at least lay a plausible explanation for him doing that.. They had Walt tell Skyler that he would turn himself in if she wanted, as long as she kept the money and it wasn't all for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
The first thing I thought of when Walt started the confession tape was the one he made in the very beginning/pilot episode.
Same here!! I paused and reminded my wife of that tape from the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgickler View Post
What if Walt turns over the confession tape to someone at the DEA, and agrees to go into witness protection in return for testifying against Hank.
!!!

seven syllables
(
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #166
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
I still don't agree. Then what was the deal in the desert with the 1-gallon free sample they gave Declan, and said "there's 999 more where that came from".
Mike gave him that when it was just Mike and Jesse trying to make the deal to sell their 2/3 of the chemical. But Declan wanted all of it to get Blue Sky off the market, which is why Walt had to get involved.

- billypritchard
Old 08-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #167
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I just skimmed through S5E08. That deal in the desert where Walt offered to sell the entire 1000 gallons must have happened prior to that, because it wasn't in that episode. But in that episode, it shows Walt and Todd doing all the cooks in the tented houses, it shows Lydia setting up the pipeline to the Czechs, and it shows the giant pile of cash in the storage unit. So whatever the deal in the desert was, it didn't happen, because Walt still had access to the methylamine up until Skyler showed him the money and he decided to retire.

We can probably assume that when Walt decided to retire, after having flooded the Southwest with his pure blue meth and making things more difficult for Declan's crew, Declan jumped at the chance to buy the tank when Walt offered it a second time.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #168
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
after having flooded the Southwest with his pure blue meth and making things more difficult for Declan's crew, Declan jumped at the chance to buy the tank when Walt offered it a second time.
Declan was distributing for Walt at that point, so Declan was not being put out by Walt cooking. Remember the whole "Say my name?" That's when Walt made the deal with Declan to be the cook.

- billypritchard
Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #169
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
The tank did not get sold to Declan when Walt made the deal. The deal was Walt would cook, Declan would distribute and they'd all get rich. Walt needed the chemical with him for cooking.

The deal that sent the chemical out of state is the one made off screen that we don't know about when Walt retired. Walt obviously made arrangements at his retirement and that's when the chemical would have changed hands.
Exactly...although for some reason, Hank just remembers that episode totally different than everybody else. I really suggest he goes back and watches that scene in the desert again.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #170
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
This has already been covered so well in this thread, it's hard to believe we have to describe it again, but there should be no "?"s in a list like that:
  • Walt waits for Jesse to arrive, and convinces him that Gus (who has already killed kids) has just poisoned this kid with the Ricin. Walt has now convinced Jesse that Gus needs to die
  • The hospital tells Jesse that it wasn't ricin after all, it was lillies of the valley
  • Jesse figures out that he now doesn't have an explanation why his ricin is missing (since Gus clearly didn't steal it and poison the kid with it, since ricin wasn't used)
  • BREAK HERE.

Jesse knows it wasn't "his" ricin that made the kid sick.
    As in Walt lied about the ricin but told the truth that it was Gus? I know. Just because Gus would kill a kid. Why this kid now? For why?

Quote:
  • Jesse worries that he carelessly lost the cigarette with ricin and that some kid will smoke it and die
  • Walt creates fake ricin to ease his concerns. He comes over and helps him search, then sneaks it in the roomba. They find it.
  • Jesse beating himself up crying that he almost shot Walt over this.
So WHY does he still think that Gus poisoned the kid?

At that point Jesse was totally on Gus's team.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #171
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

No way Walt takes the ricin himself. It's a long slow death, with flu-like symptoms. A bullet to the brain is very quick. Jumping off of a bridge. Other science-based ideas.
Magnets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I knew when Walt started taping the "confession" and they quickly cut away that it was certainly not going to be Walt actually coming clean on anything. Anyone who has watched the series should have realized that.
Like Betts noted, above, Walt already made a confession tape once before, in the pilot episode. So I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to entertain the idea of a second confession. Although there's a difference between Walter White confessing, and Heisenberg confessing. The former would, the latter never would. And Walter White is pretty much dead at this point, having been fully replaced by Heisenberg.

I do think that Walter White's confession tape is going to enter into things before all is said and done. Its current whereabouts are unknown, right?

Maybe Junior finds it and goes to Hank with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post

An albino Matt Damon, yes.
I've seen him referred to as Meth Damon.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #172
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I've seen him referred to as Meth Damon.
OK, that's pretty damn funny.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #173
smak
TV MA SLV

As to "druglord" Hank not paying for his medical bills himself...

Didn't Hank think insurance covered it?

He was pretty pissed at Marie when she told him that WW had actually paid for it.

And surprised.

Now, the question is, did WW plan this avenue of saying it was all Hank back then, when he paid for Hank's bills in the first place.

-smak-
smak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #174
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
As to "druglord" Hank not paying for his medical bills himself...

Didn't Hank think insurance covered it?

He was pretty pissed at Marie when she told him that WW had actually paid for it.

And surprised.

Now, the question is, did WW plan this avenue of saying it was all Hank back then, when he paid for Hank's bills in the first place.

-smak-
No - It was Skylar that made WW pay it.

He's not really much of a forward thinker if you look back. Most of the stuff he does is to fix/cover things he's screwed up in the first place.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #175
Numb And Number2

The confession doesn't have to be air tight, or even close. Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice all know it's not. Its purpose is to complicate things for Hank. The more Hank needs to explain about his involvement the more he is exposed to prosecution. Hank also needs to keep the pressure off of Marie, he does not want her in any sort of jeopardy. The confession accomplished all it was intended to.
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #176
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb And Number2 View Post
The confession doesn't have to be air tight, or even close. Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice all know it's not. Its purpose is to complicate things for Hank. The more Hank needs to explain about his involvement the more he is exposed to prosecution. Hank also needs to keep the pressure off of Marie, he does not want her in any sort of jeopardy. The confession accomplished all it was intended to.
Yes, the whole point of the "confession" is to buy time. Hank now knows he not only has to find evidence to support his allegations against Walt, but also will have to find evidence to refute the lies that Walt will tell if Hank tries to arrest him. So that just makes Hank's job harder and potentially gets Walt closer to his death from cancer without going to jail and without his family losing the nest egg he's built for them.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #177
GoPackGo

Ted Beneke is a loose end. He knows where the money for the IRS came from.
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #178
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Alan Sepinwall got enough confused tweets/comments about the Jesse epiphany that he provided a summary of the ricin cigarette timeline at the end of this week's recap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Sepiwall
1)In "End Times," to get Jesse back on his side in the war against Gus, Walt arranges for Huell to steal the cigarette pack with the ricin cigarette out of Jesse's pocket and replace it with a different pack. Saul calls Jesse to his office on shaky reasons, and Huell pats him down in a way that gets Jesse's attention. Walt doesn't use the ricin to poison Brock, but rather a lily of the valley plant that will have a similar but less dangerous effect on the boy.

2)When Jesse hears that Brock has been poisoned, he realizes that the ricin cigarette is missing, then (correctly) puts two and two together that Huell stole it, on Walt's orders. He storms into Walt's house and threatens to kill him for poisoning Brock; Walt convinces Jesse that it was Gus, not him, who wanted to hurt the boy — specifically so Jesse would come to this conclusion and murder Walt for him — and that Tyrus must have lifted the cigarettes from Jesse's locker at the Super Lab. Jesse accepts that Mr. White would never hurt a child, whereas Gus has a history of hurting children, and lets go of the theory about Huell.

3)Doctors later figure out that Brock was poisoned by a lily of the valley, not ricin, making Jesse doubt Walt's theory about Gus manipulating Jesse into shooting Walt, and leaving him to wonder what really happened to the ricin cigarette. Walt stages a phony search of Jesse's house and plants a fake cigarette (containing salt, not ricin) inside Jesse's Roomba. None of this sits well with Jesse, but he once again believes Mr. White.

4)Over the course of season 5, starting around the murder of Drew Sharp, Jesse has begun to realize that he shouldn't believe anything Walt says. Walt claims to be broken up over Drew's death, then whistles while he works. Walt claims that Mike left town alive, when Jesse knows that Walt would've never taken out Mike's guys unless Mike was dead. Walt gives Jesse a whole song and dance about how leaving town will be good for Jesse, when Jesse knows that it will be even better for Walt.

5)Having been primed to disbelieve any word out of Walt's mouth, Jesse goes to Saul's office, lights up a joint and gets scolded by Saul, who knows his relocation expert won't pick up anyone who's high. Saul orders Huell to again pick Jesse's pocket to get rid of the marijuana.

6)At the pick-up spot, a nervous Jesse reaches for his pot, and can't find it. He frantically checks all his pockets, but all he finds is a cigarette pack. Staring at the cigarette pack, and realizing Huell dipped into his pocket without him noticing, Jesse realizes that his first suspicions about the ricin cigarette were correct, and that Mr. White was manipulating him into turning against Gus, endangering Brock's life in the process.

That the ricin wasn't actually used on Brock is beside the point. Jesse knew from the beginning that Huell had picked his pocket, and that he must have done it on Mr. White's orders. He has been thinking about this often in the months since it happened — far more often and more intensely than those of us watching the show have, and in a more compressed time period. When he realizes Huell picked his pocket, and stares at another crumpled cigarette pack, everything clicks into place about the events of "End Times" — including how convenient it was that this terrible thing happened to Brock, which turned Jesse back into Walt's ally, at the exact moment Walt needed an ally against Gus — and he goes on the warpath against Saul, Huell and that ******* Mr. White.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #179
mostman

That above summary is perfect. However - I can simplify this even further. The Ricin isn't important. What's important is that Jesse now has proof that Walt lied to and manipulated him. From there - ALL of his suspicions about ALL the situations where he felt he was "being worked" are confirmed. The final piece of the puzzle is now in place. One confirmation proves all the other suspicions.

As for the Declan meth deal, folks are remembering that wrong. Someone up thread had it right. Jesse and Mike were going to sell 2/3 of the liquid. But Declan wanted it all so he didn't have to compete. Walt says how about I keep it all and you can distribute. You pay Mike and Jesse - I'll cook for you. Everyone is happy.

Now - this season - Walt is done. Which means, at some point, he just handed over all the remaining liquid to Declan and bowed out. This happened off screen, obviously.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #180
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
...The Ricin isn't important. What's important is that Jesse now has proof that Walt lied to and manipulated him. From there - ALL of his suspicions about ALL the situations where he felt he was "being worked" are confirmed. The final piece of the puzzle is now in place. One confirmation proves all the other suspicions....
Preach it....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote