TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Peter000

Breaking Bad 08/25/13 "Confessions"

Pretty cagey. I didn't expect Walt to full on implicate Hank. It's a stop-gap measure for sure, but still.

Another great episode. The train keeps rollin' full steam.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Marie was wearing black, lots of other people were wearing purple.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Aaron Paul killed it in this episode. I've been waiting for Jesse to turn on Walt for like three seasons now. I hope he follows through with torching the house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Yeah!

Walt's "confession" was awesome. Pin it on Hank!! Yeah, that's the ticket. he took the money for his medical bills. And Marie knew about it. DOH!

I don't quite get why Jesse all of the sudden realized the ricin cigarette. Did they lift it JUST NOW, right before he was about to go away? We've seen him check to make sure it's there before and freak out when he doesn't find the pack of cigs right away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Aaron Paul killed it in this episode. I've been waiting for Jesse to turn on Walt for like three seasons now. I hope he follows through with torching the house.
We have seen the house in the future. It's not torched.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

What's the deal with the Ricin cigarette? Didn't that end up in Walters wall outlet a while back? Did jesse have it on him?
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I don't quite get why Jesse all of the sudden realized the ricin cigarette. Did they lift it JUST NOW, right before he was about to go away? We've seen him check to make sure it's there before and freak out when he doesn't find the pack of cigs right away.
Jesse had dope in his pocket. Then it was missing. He realized Huell lifted his dope. Jesse then looked at his cigarettes, remembered the last time something from his pocket went missing and remembered that Huell had patted him down. He put two and two together and realized Huell had lifted the ricin cigarette back at the end of season 4. And the only way Huell would know to do that is if Walt told him to.

- billypritchard

Last edited by Zevida : 08-25-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
danterner
Not it!

Was the scene where Hank, Marie, Walt, and Skylar were sitting at the restaurant similar to one earlier in the series? (The location, I mean, not the substance of their discussion). I had major déjà vu watching it.

Great episode. Edge-of-seat stuff, for me.

I love seeing the characters piece things together: Hank and the insurance money. Jesse and the ricin cigarette.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Jesse had dope in his pocket. Then it was missing. He realized Yule lifted his dope. Jesse then looked at his cigarettes, remembered the last time something from his pocket went missing and remembered that Yule had patted him down. He put two and two together and realized Yule had lifted the ricin cigarette back at the end of season 4. And the only way Yule would know to do that is if Walt told him to.
I thought they put it back. or at least, a dummy/decoy.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Here's the history of the ricin cigarette, from the Breaking Bad Wikia (which will likely be updated again momentarily to reflect what happened tonight).

Quote:
The second time Walt created ricin it was intended to kill Gustavo Fring. He created a small vial of it in Gus's own superlab, supposedly out of sight, and secretly passed it to Jesse, who concealed it in one of his cigarettes. At the time, however, Jesse was distancing himself from Walt and growing closer to Gus, and thus he never administered it even when he had the opportunity.

Later, Andrea Cantillo's son Brock Cantillo fell severely ill from some unknown cause and Jesse found that his ricin-vial cigarette was missing. He told Andrea to warn Brock's doctors about the possible poisoning. Because only he and Walt knew about the ricin, Jesse suspected that Walt poisoned Brock; however, Walt convinces him that it was Gus who poisoned Brock. ("End Times") Although initially in danger of dying, doctors say that he would survive, and tests showed that it was not ricin; instead, he ingested the berries of a local poisonous plant called the "Lily of the Valley". At the very end of the episode, the camera zooms in on a Lily of the Valley in Walt's back yard, beside his pool. ("Face Off")

Season 5

Saul Goodman returned the ricin cigarette to Walt, stating his wonder that Huell didn't break it when he lifted it from Jesse. ("Live Free or Die") Walt hid the ricin capsule behind an electrical outlet in his bedroom and made a false capsule with salt. He hid the fake capsule in a cigarette and planted it in Jesse's Roomba to put Jesse's mind at ease. ("Madrigal") Walt later took the ricin to a meeting with Lydia Rodarte-Quayle with intentions to kill her, though didn't because she proved to be useful, by offering expansion of Walt's empire into the Czech Republic. ("Gliding Over All")

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Was the waiter, the same one from Office Space?
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
No, Walt "found" it in the roomba after Jesse "lost" it.

- billypritchard
Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
Tracy
Truly

I came here looking for a refresher on the ricin. Thanks, danterner!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Can someone explain the diner scene to me. Did the blond kid/cook blame the killing of the desert boy on someone else? Did those two guys look like under cover cops or what?
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #15
JohnB1000

Solid episode. I miss the free wheelin Jessie of old though and only Sol for light relief Badger etc. MIA.

There was some pretty blatant and unsubtle foreshadowing in that opening scene. Not completely sure what the point of that was outside of directly coming back later.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by billboard_NE View Post
Can someone explain the diner scene to me. Did the blond kid/cook blame the killing of the desert boy on someone else? Did those two guys look like under cover cops or what?
They were part of his gang, they just came from killing everyone last week, hence the blood on the shoes.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #17
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
They were part of his gang, they just came from killing everyone last week, hence the blood on the shoes.
So the killing of the cooks at the buried bus last week was the small change in management. What did they say about the dirt bike kid at the train heist? I still feel like I am missing something.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I came here looking for a refresher on the ricin. Thanks, danterner!
I'm still a little confused

Quote:
Season 5

Saul Goodman returned the ricin cigarette to Walt, stating his wonder that Huell didn't break it when he lifted it from Jesse. ("Live Free or Die") Walt hid the ricin capsule behind an electrical outlet in his bedroom and made a false capsule with salt. He hid the fake capsule in a cigarette and planted it in Jesse's Roomba to put Jesse's mind at ease. ("Madrigal") Walt later took the ricin to a meeting with Lydia Rodarte-Quayle with intentions to kill her, though didn't because she proved to be useful, by offering expansion of Walt's empire into the Czech Republic. ("Gliding Over All")
Jesse got what he thought was the original ricin cig out of the roomba. Didn't he put it back in the pack? There is mention of other ricin, but there was more ricin than the single cigarette.

So, did jesse never really ever put the Roomba one back in the pack? Did he put it back in the pack, but then figure it all out just now, shortly before getting picked up, even with the cigarette in the pack? They never showed the cigarette tonight. To me, that suggests it was NOT in the pack. Am I really wrong in thinking it made it back into the back after he got it out of the Roomba? I know the summary above doesn't say he put it back, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe the summary jsut didn't include that detail.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
So the killing of the cooks at the buried bus last week was the small change in management. What did they say about the dirt bike kid at the train heist? I still feel like I am missing something.

I don't think Todd ("Landry") mentioned the kid on the dirt bike at all. I was WAITING for him to say something, but unless I seriously am brainfarting here, I don't think he ever did.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
Zevida
witless and unarmed

After they found the (fake) Ricin (Walt planted) in the roomba, they flushed it.

Jesse has not had a ricin cigarette or had the ricin since he lost it/it was stolen on season 4.

- billypritchard
Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
After they found the (fake) Ricin (Walt planted) in the roomba, they flushed it.

Jesse has not had a ricin cigarette or had the ricin since he lost it/it was stolen on season 4.
ohh.. OK

Thanks..

Dunno why I thought he kept it on him after [what he thought was] getting it back.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
I don't think Todd ("Landry") mentioned the kid on the dirt bike at all. I was WAITING for him to say something, but unless I seriously am brainfarting here, I don't think he ever did.
I will have to re-watch, but I thought one of his gang members mentioned something about kicking a kid killer was a pleasure.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
I will have to re-watch, but I thought one of his gang members mentioned something about kicking a kid killer was a pleasure.
Well, Todd was the kid killer. When did he get kicked by these guys? And if he told them, I don't think we, the audience, saw that.

or did we?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Speaking of Todd and the gang and the new management...

Was anyone surprised that they were coming back into New Mexico from some place else?? (Arizona???) Am I right to assume that the cooking moved out of state under Declan? They wanted us to see the Welcome to New Mexico sign for a reason.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #25
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
He didn't. I was thinking he would mention the kid and then the server offered coffee and the conversation ended.

I loved the 'confession'. What a great way to play it. I was waiting for Hank to take the remote and throw it thru the TV. Or a chair. Or get his gun and shoot it.

Marie wearing black and Hank in a sort of blueish purple top. Interesting.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #26
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
Well, Todd was the kid killer. When did he get kicked by these guys? And if he told them, I don't think we, the audience, saw that.

or did we?
This may be all in my head, but I figured Todd told the thugs that someone else was the kid killer, I doubt he would tell the truth on that part of the story.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
This may be all in my head, but I figured Todd told the thugs that someone else was the kid killer, I doubt he would tell the truth on that part of the story.
Why not? I mean, it's his uncle. The one that set up all the kills in the jails. I was figuring it may be a right of passage thing. Or heck, Todd did it so calm and cool like - maybe it wasn't his first kill.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
That sounds most plausible.

but again, during the diner scene that aired in this specific episode, did we see Todd tell these guys about the kid getting shot? Mention the kid at all?

AmI just losing my mind here?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
That sounds most plausible.

but again, during the diner scene that aired in this specific episode, did we see Todd tell these guys about the kid getting shot? Mention the kid at all?

AmI just losing my mind here?
No the kid and the killing was not mentioned.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #30
Frash

Quote:
Speaking of Todd and the gang and the new management...

Was anyone surprised that they were coming back into New Mexico from some place else?? (Arizona???) Am I right to assume that the cooking moved out of state under Declan? They wanted us to see the Welcome to New Mexico sign for a reason.
I think Declan's operation was in Arizona, so I assume he was cooking there as well.

I took that scene to show that the meth 'empire' is coming back to Albuquerque, and with that, close to Walt.
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote