TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
brshoemak

Refurb Tivo. No OnePass option.

I recently picked up a refurb Tivo Roamio with lifetime service after my old one died. I upgraded the hard drive and everything is good.

However, the software version only has 'Season Pass' and not OnePass. I don't know what the current software version is, but mine is 20.5.2-USA-6-846. I have manually connected to the Tivo service about 3 times in the past 5 days but no updates seem to be downloading in the background.

Also, my Netflix doesn't work and when I load it the error is "Netflix is loading on the Tivo box. Please wait and try again (V312)." I have waited for days. I have gone through the recommended steps of removing Netflix from the Video Provider list, then re-adding it. I have also done the same thing with soft resets in between each change. No difference.

Any thoughts on either of these issues? It's driving me a little nuts at this point.

brshoemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
I recently picked up a refurb Tivo Roamio with lifetime service after my old one died. I upgraded the hard drive and everything is good.

However, the software version only has 'Season Pass' and not OnePass. I don't know what the current software version is, but mine is 20.5.2-USA-6-846. I have manually connected to the Tivo service about 3 times in the past 5 days but no updates seem to be downloading in the background.

Also, my Netflix doesn't work and when I load it the error is "Netflix is loading on the Tivo box. Please wait and try again (V312)." I have waited for days. I have gone through the recommended steps of removing Netflix from the Video Provider list, then re-adding it. I have also done the same thing with soft resets in between each change. No difference.

Any thoughts on either of these issues? It's driving me a little nuts at this point.
Hi,
While it is possible there is something wrong with your new Roamio it may be something else.
I am pretty sure you have the latest firmware on your Tivo. Tivo's each have a laundry list of services which have to be given "permission" to connect to them. I ran into this a while ago with the Plex app not showing up. Anyway, try calling support and asking if they could check the list of service "permissions" for your box. If you are fortunate, you might discover that some necessary ones are not "checked". If so, the 1st line people usually don't have the "authority" to modify these permissions so the matter will have to be "referred" up the line.....then it might take a few days to get these settings updated to enable the services you are looking for.
EDIT: If you were paying a monthly subscription on that dead Tivo, be sure to specifically tell them to deactivate the service or you may find you will continue to be billed for it.

fcfc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
Thunderclap

Quote:

That's the version I have (I think it's the most current version) and I see OnePass and Netflix is working fine. Have you tried restarting the unit? Maybe it's pending an update that needs to be applied.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
brshoemak

@fcfc2: Ok, I'll give them a call on Monday and see what they can't figure out. I have heard that permissions issue mentioned here and there on the forums, but never any real details behind it.

..and yes, I'm going to cancel my service for the dead box as soon as their customer support opens on Monday. No more monthly fees for me!

@Thunderclap: Yes, I have performed many soft resets but I have done a hard reset (pulling power, waiting a minute or so, plug back in) twice in past two days just to check if something was waiting in the wings. Normally, it just downloads the update and installs and reboots at night - it's just not happening for me.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #5
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

no need to call, go to:
tivo.com > my account > device preferences
make sure both boxes are checked.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #6
brshoemak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
no need to call, go to:
tivo.com > my account > device preferences
make sure both boxes are checked.
Yes, they are both already checked.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
time for tech support, sorry.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
I had that problem too. Just using chat in the support forum got it fixed. It's a Group Permission issue. Whatever that is.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #9
lpwcomp

I am not sure why there's all this talk about permissions and settings. If he has "Season Pass" rather than "One Pass" with 20.5.2-USA-6-846, there is something seriously wrong with his TiVo.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #10
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I am not sure why there's all this talk about permissions and settings. If he has "Season Pass" rather than "One Pass" with 20.5.2-USA-6-846, there is something seriously wrong with his TiVo.
You're right. I just re-read the first post.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #11
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Hi,
I don't understand the bit about the settings either but because I don't understand it fully does not mean it has no relevance either. The "permissions" issue I learned about some time ago when they were pushing out the "plex and iheart radio" services. Most of my Tivo's got the update but a couple did not. When I called Tivo, I got what sounded like someone who was pretty knowledgeable, and he said, "I'm pretty sure I know what is wrong, let me check your permissions." In a short time, he said, "ok, here we are," and then he started rattling off a whole series of services, saying, "Check" after each one, but when he got to Plex and Iheart Radio, he said, "yup, not checked." Then he went on to explain that although I had the most recent software it would remain "hidden" until I had the correct "permissions" included on the device. He concluded by saying that unfortunately he did not have the "authority" to make the necessary changes but that he would refer it up the line and it should be fixed in a couple days....it was.

fcfc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post: