TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
meehanp1

Pytivo-Videos Get Deleted When Transferring

I know this is going to sound stupid, hey maybe it is, but if it is and someone knows the answer I will eternally be grateful.
The problem I've been having has been going on since I started transferring about two months ago.
I replaced my Tivo premiere 4 for the Premiere 4 XL4 and I initially tried to use the tivo to go software to transfer my shows from the old tivo to the new, but it sucked and never worked. So I tried pytivo and it worked and was able to transfer all the shows from my computer, which I had backed up from my old tivo.
I was able to transfer all my shows no problem, and I thought "hey let me transfer more shows so I can just watch them on the tivo instead". Long story short I transferred a lot of shows, and then I noticed several shows were disappearing. Not that they expired but that they were just being deleted like they were making room for others. So after a few weeks of doing nothing I decided I was going to try a few things, including changing all the season passes to "keep until I delete" and that saved my season pass shows from being deleted, so I transferred more shows and it was fine for a little bit until transferred shows started being deleted.
I then went through all my transferred shows and changed them to "keep until I delete".
Now it seems I have hit a brick wall because while it's not deleting anymore shows I have previously transferred or recorded that are marked "keep until delete". When I try and transfer a show it will record it and then get replaced by the next transfer.
I don't know really; I know I wrote a lot, but honestly I don't know what to do.
The only real solid info I can give you is that ironically the number of shows it will keep transferred is 500; it will not go above that. I don't know if there's a cap or not, I couldn't find any info on one. As for recorded off the tv itself I currently have 147.
So I have 641 shows and theoretically I shouldn't be having a problem with hard drive space, as the XL4 comes with (I believe) a 3TB hard drive and on top of that I have the extender connected to it that I used with the old tivo, (obviously it was reformatted). So I only used 892 Gb and should have 1867GB Free. So I really don't know if it's a hard drive error, a config problem, a cap limit, etc. If anyone has any info that would be awesome.

Just for reference I use pytivo to push my shows and also use kmttg, but not for pushing anything just to get stats from the machine; also I use meta generator 3 to create metadata files for the shows I downloaded.
Heres my pytivo config file though I doubt thats causing the problem. Thanks

PHP Code:
[Server]
zeroconf On
debug 
on
togo_path 
D:MTKRedVideos
tivodecode 
C:Python27pytivo-masterbintivodecode.exe
tivo_password 
= [code]***********[/code]
tivo_mak 5955878542
tivo_username 
= ******@*****.com
ffmpeg 
C:Python27pytivo-masterbinffmpeg.exe
ffmpeg_pram 
= -threads 2

[_tivo_SD]

[
_tivo_HD]

[
MyMovies]
path D:MTKRedVideos
type 
video 

meehanp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Kind of sounds like this? http://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo/issues/7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:30 AM   #3
meehanp1

I don't get it then, I really don't understand. I'm not ripping blurays or anything. Are you saying that the tivo is thinking they're garbage files and that's why they're getting deleted? If so how do I get around this problem? Because I find it too coincidental that I have exactly 500 shows pushed/transferred to the Tivo. Yeah they are low bit rate and don't take up nearly any the space an actual Tivo recording would take, but that's why I do it. Like I said there transfer things I download, so how would the Tivo or the pytivo even think they are going to be bigger transfers than they are, especially given the fact that I still have such a huge amount of space left.
I'm not streaming the videos, others than transferring to be stored on and watched on by my tivo.
Is there any idea or solution you might have? please
meehanp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I've never heard of a limit on the number of shows, but then, I've never heard of a TiVo with 500+ shows on it before, either.

I do know that setting everything to Keep Until I Delete is a recipe for trouble. (Look up some other threads where people have done this.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote