TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
tomhorsley

Anyone with old Scientific Atlanta firmware cable card?

The rumor is there is a known bug in old Scientific Atlanta cable card firmware that causes lots of losing channel problems. The Premier 20.3 TiVo release seems to have made this bug infinitely worse (or maybe 20.3 is just buggy and it has nothing to do with cable cards).

I'm just wondering if anyone has a Roamio and one of these antique cable cards (you can find the cable card info in the system info, cable card diag screen). It would be interesting to know if the Roamio software already works better with old cable cards. (I'm supposedly on the list for updates if they ever fix Premiers, but who knows how long that might be).

The card I have big problems with is from Comcast in Delray Beach, FL and the build time for the firmware listed in the diag screen is Jun 3, 2007. (Comcast is also supposedly rolling out updates with a schedule as certain as TiVo's - who knows who will get there first).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote