TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Keith Elkin

This channel is not authorized (V58)

I just replaced my 2 Premier units with a Roamio and a Mini which so far has worked great, but I'm having a strange issue on the Tivo Mini.. A lot of the channels are showing up with the "Channel Not Authorized (V58)" error on my Mini.. but those channels show up fine on the Roamio that it connects to. The Roamio has a tuning adapter and an M card.. Why would this happen?
Keith Elkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
tarheelblue32

I sometimes get this happening too. Usually if I power cycle the tuning adapter it fixes the problem (at least for a few weeks). If that doesn't work, try pulling out the CableCard and pushing it back in.

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 09-14-2014 at 12:31 AM.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
Keith Elkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
I sometimes get this happening too. Usually if I power cycle the tuning adapter it fixes the problem (at least for a few weeks).
You have the same problem where the Tivo which has the tuning adapter works fine but the Mini that connects to it gets the error, and rebooting the tuning adapter connected to the Roamo fixes the error on the Mini?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
If your CableCARD is from Scientific Atlanta/Cisco, and the version is not at least 1.5.3.1101, go to this thread and ask ComcastTeds there to have your firmware upgraded if possible:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...1/td-p/1967519

The issue affects specific tuners, so you can get the error when tuning a channel on one tuner, but tune the same channel with a different tuner and it comes in. I would expect that the Mini would experience similar behavior but as it gets assigned a tuner from the Roamio, probably will always be using the same tuner that is experiencing the problem.

If your Comcast area uses Motorola equipment, I have no suggestions for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
Keith Elkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
If your CableCARD is from Scientific Atlanta/Cisco, and the version is not at least 1.5.3.1101, go to this thread and ask ComcastTeds there to have your firmware upgraded if possible:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...1/td-p/1967519

The issue affects specific tuners, so you can get the error when tuning a channel on one tuner, but tune the same channel with a different tuner and it comes in. I would expect that the Mini would experience similar behavior but as it gets assigned a tuner from the Roamio, probably will always be using the same tuner that is experiencing the problem.

If your Comcast area uses Motorola equipment, I have no suggestions for you.
I'm actually a Cablevision customer with an MMC card :/
Old 09-14-2014, 01:20 AM   #6
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Elkin View Post
I'm actually a Cablevision customer with an MMC card :/
Well, at least you don't have to worry about that possibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #7
fastermac

V 58 error on Cablevision

I am also on Cablevision and get the occasional v 58 error on both the Roamio and Minis. Below is the link to the thread I started.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=520952
fastermac is offline   Reply With Quote