TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Thumbs up All done and ready to ROCK!!!!!

Well TiVo you have done it again. I'm all setup and Running I have Cox with Motorola TA and Motorola M-Card. I did need to call cox for supper the auto pairing did not work but to my shock the rep at cox told me we have a guy in your area and he is dispatched your way. He showed up 1 hour later repaired and PLUGGED IN MY USB CABLE for my TA yes I forgot hehe.

My PyTiVo movie folder showed right up in my now playing list and BAM
This box is so much faster then the S4.

Funny question the tech asked me since it was a new Tivo he asked me does Tivo do multi room viewing I said are you kidding tivo was doing it before eveybody else.
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealone View Post
Funny question the tech asked me since it was a new Tivo he asked me does Tivo do multi room viewing I said are you kidding tivo was doing it before eveybody else.
Well the old style MRV was pretty limited, especially once they started using the CCI bit to "protect" some/all of the channels. TiVo only added streaming between TiVos like a year and a half ago. And the Mini was only released like 6 months ago. So real multi-room viewing is relatively new to TiVo as well.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

when I say multi room viewing I'm talking about transfering shows from one tivo to another something tivo has been doing for years.. Sorry I should have been more clear. multi room streaming is new..
Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

And the online season manager is that new? So cool all I had to do was transfer all my season pass stuff from my old S3 to my new S5 and BAM again. SOOOOOO much better then any cable DVR
Old 08-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

I understood what you meant. I was just saying that the old MRV was so slow and cumbersome it wasn't really all that useful for viewing in multiple rooms. TiVo didn't become a real multi-room DVR until they added streaming a couple years ago.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
And the online season manager is that new? So cool all I had to do was transfer all my season pass stuff from my old S3 to my new S5 and BAM again. SOOOOOO much better then any cable DVR
That's been around for a while.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
That's been around for a while.
and IIRC, that still doesn't work for auto-recording wishlists, right?

(as others have said, you CAN use the third party kmttg to move SPs & autorecording wishlists between Tivos.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

ARWLs don't work online. I didn't know they worked on kmttg either. If they do that's awesome!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
moyekj

Quote:
Nope. ReplayTV 4xxx units did it 1st and did it properly - streaming.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #10
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Was replayTV a cable box? I was talking about tivo doing it before cable tv. Ok I understand I need to be more clear next time but my first cable box did not do room to room transfers and my first tivo box did. So to clear it up my point to cable TV repair guy was tivo have and will always be better the cable DVR's.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #11
Dan203
Super Moderator

ReplayTV was a DVR that came out around the same time as the first TiVo. They were around for a few years and had a some really cool features including automatic commercial skip and internet based sharing. They got sued out of existence by the networks. I wish they haddn't because when they were around they really pushed TiVo to innovate. After they were gone, and UltimateTV died off on the DirecTV side, TiVo's only competition was from cable DVRs which were total crap. They really rested on their lurals for a long time there, then they got caught up suing Dish and actually let the cable DVRs pass them by. Only recently have they started innovating again and becoming better then their cable DVR counterparts.