TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Setup question

Ok I got my Roamio plus and I got my M-Card Motorola. Evething is going ok on the setup. But Cable card will not pair so I called Cox and my crazy luck they have a tech in my area and he is on the way that never happens.
But When do I add the Motorola TA? Nothing in the setup about when to hook it up????
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
HenryFarpolo

It's on a separate sheet. It recommends following the guided setup then adding the card. If I recall, the guided setup asks if you will be using a Cablecard.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
jfh3

Add the TA after the CableCARD is successfully paired.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Goober96

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryFarpolo View Post
It's on a separate sheet. It recommends following the guided setup then adding the card. If I recall, the guided setup asks if you will be using a Cablecard.
And do you answer "no" and continue Guided Setup and then insert the Cable Card or is that the point at which you insert it?
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
jfh3

If you have the card already, put it in, run guided setup, answer no. Finish setup, go to cablecard screen, get the card paired. Then install TA.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
TC25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3 View Post
If you have the card already, put it in, run guided setup, answer no. Finish setup, go to cablecard screen, get the card paired. Then install TA.
What's the right way to do the setup if you do not have the cable card or the TA?

I will get my Roamio on Tuesday, but the cable guy is not coming until Thursday.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

you can run the setup without the CC and TA but when you get done you have nothing on the screen. other then the tivo menus. Thats how it was for me and I found nothing in my new Roamio plus box about when to add the TA so just wait for cable guy to finsh that part of the setup. Good luck.
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
TC25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC25D View Post
What's the right way to do the setup if you do not have the cable card or the TA?

I will get my Roamio on Tuesday, but the cable guy is not coming until Thursday.
Cable guy from Blue Ridge Cable TV arrived, installed the Cisco Tuning Adapter, inserted the CableCARD into my Roamio Basic, powered everything up, called his office and everything was working fine (no premium channels) in 15 minutes. Total time on site = 30 minutes.

I followed the advice here and at TiVo about getting all the updates and the channel guide beforehand. The cable guy was amazed when his office said everything looked fine from their end and we saw channels immediately. He said he was used to having to wait at least 30 minutes for all that to happen since they do not leave until they've verified the customer is getting all the channels they've subscribed to.

Roamio Basic (2 TB upgrade) working great in living room, Mini working great in den, two BRCTV DVRs returned and a bonus...the DVRs did not support 1080p, the Roamio does.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote