TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #61
fungflex

Sent an email to SS on Friday and they said the got them in the AM and were trying to ship them out Friday. But it then appears they closed early and all weekend for the holiday so they won't ship till Tuesday at the earliest.

Which of course is why I drove 25 minutes to a best buy today and will cancel my order. Setting up my Roamio Plus(Pro) today.

Plus(Pro) because its a Plus with a 3tb drive I installed myself.
fungflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #62
jmr50

I received email from SS that they would have an update for me on Tuesday.
jmr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #63
jscozz

I hope they don't just have an update but a tracking number! Seems like other vendors worked overtime to ship last week... and Best Buy has them everywhere. The cost saving value of ordering through SS is quickly becoming a liability.
jscozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #64
Bwatford141

I ordered one from SS, and bought one from Best Buy. I was going to be shady and return the one that gets shipped from SS to Best buy to save myself about $38. I now think I'm just going to cancel my order with SS. Best Buy did a good job getting them on the shelves and shouldn't get shafted. I guess my conscience got the best of me.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #65
jscozz

SS said it may ship today... no guarantees. I wonder how many orders they got... or if they only have one person handling shipping...
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
jscozz

Guess mine did not get out today either... has anyone had their SS order ship?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #67
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscozz View Post
Guess mine did not get out today either... has anyone had their SS order ship?
Same old "In Process" status for me!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #68
HarperVision

Time for a trip to Best Buy!
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #69
jscozz

I am a first time customer of SS. I will be buying another 2 units at some point to replace my other HDs. The fact that they have had the units for 6 days now and still can't tell me when mine will ship is very frustrating. Not really building customer satisfaction. And definitely becoming not worth the few dollars saved. What I really want to know is if anyone else sees their shipped... I want to be sure they really have them.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #70
Loach

Quote:
I am a first time customer of SS. I will be buying another 2 units at some point to replace my other HDs. The fact that they have had the units for 6 days now and still can't tell me when mine will ship is very frustrating. Not really building customer satisfaction. And definitely becoming not worth the few dollars saved. What I really want to know is if anyone else sees their shipped... I want to be sure they really have them.
What makes you think they actually have units?
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #71
jscozz

A poster above said he was told they got them Friday. I was told yesterday that they had them and were working to ship them as quickly as possible. I called again today and now I am told they are shipping from another warehouse and they are not sure why they did not go out yesterday. They could not even confirm if they had them at all! I am waiting for a call back once they get more info from the "warehouse."

This is completely ridiculous!! Add to that the fact that they charged me 11 days ago!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #72
Loach

If they charged you before the item shipped, that is truly ridiculous. Note to self: do not order from these clowns.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #73
Goober96

Glad I cancelled my order from them. Mine arrives from Weaknees tomorrow.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
jscozz

I just got off the phone with SS. I have been getting a line of crap all along. They NEVER got any Tivos last Friday. That was a lie. They actually contracted with another company to ship them. So their "other warehouse" is really another company. Their latest status for me was "the warehouse promises to hopefully ship today". Really???? promise. Hopefully!! I said I promise to cancel my order and let others know about it so they get the truth instead of broken promises. If you had or cancelled an order with SS make sure you get your money back. They charged me on day 1. I will never deal with these guys again.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #75
Goober96

When I cancelled my order I had the money back within 30 minutes so you all should have no problems with refunds.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #76
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober96 View Post
Glad I cancelled my order from them. Mine arrives from Weaknees tomorrow.
I canceled also when they tried to tell me that it never said "in stock" on their website.

weaknees/amazon order arrived on the islands yesterday. I gave up the discounts and their cheap shipping for no discount and $16.xx priority mail expedited shipping to Hawaii via amazon/weaknees.

Weaknees said last weeks problem was due to a shortage of expected units from Tivo. SS is clearly having the same problem but not managing it very well.

SS charged my card right away, and it took a few days for the refund to show up, but it did show up.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #77
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I canceled also when they tried to tell me that it never said "in stock" on their website.

weaknees/amazon order arrived on the islands yesterday. I gave up the discounts and their cheap shipping for no discount and $16.xx priority mail expedited shipping to Hawaii via amazon/weaknees.

Weaknees said last weeks problem was due to a shortage of expected units from Tivo. SS is clearly having the same problem but not managing it very well.

SS charged my card right away, and it took a few days for the refund to show up, but it did show up.

-David
Just canceled as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #78
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

-David
I cancelled my SS pro order before the holiday weekend. I finally was able to get over to Oahu today and get my pro at best buy. Can't wait to get back tonight and play!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #79
jmr50

I was told to expect tracking information tomorrow morning. If anybody is still waiting on them, I'll post when I have a tracking number.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #80
gthassell

I also cancelled mine from them and went to BestBuy - but I took a copy of my Order email with me to BBY, and one of the supervisors / managers was kind enough to Price Match - even though they are not on the "approved" price match list.

I still paid IL taxes (about $40) on my Roamio Pro, but also got a few RewardZone dollars.

For anyone with big Amex Membership Rewards point balances, they are running a promo right now where you can get a 30% bonus on point purchases when done via ShopAmex - so I was able to "buy" it with points via Amex, have the order go via BestBuy.com for in-store pickup, and then had them make the changes at the pickup counter.

Worked out pretty well. I would have kept my original Amazon.com order, but they went out of stock on me when I placed the original order, and wanted the new box sooner rather than later.

It's very zippy, and I'm quite glad I made the purchase.

Now... Anyone want to buy my Lifetime Premiere Elite (XL4) or a 2TB Premiere 4 with "Evaluation" status and a transfer letter from TiVo?
lifetimed S1s, S2, and S3 OLED, Premier 4 tuner (2TB)
gthassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #81
donnoh

Just a point about Solid Signal. I ordered a Roamio Pro from them because of the price and also because their website said it was in stock. After nearly a week of going back and forth with them and finding out they never really had the Tivo Roamio in stock I cancelled the order.

Fast forward to today when I went to pay my credit card bill, I found out that they had charged my credit card when I ordered the Roamio and not when they shipped it. As far as I know they can only charge me when they ship the item. They gave me a credit about a week later when I canceled the order.

I'll steer clear of these people in the future.
donnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #82
TC25D

Maybe one of the mods should close this thread and change the first post to indicate buying from SS is decidedly not a good idea.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #83
HarperVision

They're actually a very reputable company that has been mainly dealing with satellite customers like DirecTV and Dish. They get a ton of high praise from those customers on other forums and I've personally dealt with them on a few other occasions. I believe this is the exception with them, not the rule. I don't think they usually sell many tivos and this took them off guard with the number of orders, etc when the Roamio was released.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #84
jmr50

My order shipped today. It's inbound via Fedex Ground which predicts delivery on Tuesday. Slow and late, but they did ship.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #85
holycrap

I just got notice that they shipped my order yesterday. It is coming from Oklahoma City, OK.
holycrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #86
jmr50

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycrap View Post
I just got notice that they shipped my order yesterday. It is coming from Oklahoma City, OK.
ditto
Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #87
Dan203
Super Moderator

Kind of sh*tty that they claimed it was in stock and then took almost 2 weeks to ship, but at least it's on it's way now.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #88
jscozz

3 business days passed since I cancelled it and no sign of a refund yet at my CC. I will have to call once again tomorrow... they swore to me that it would be processed that same day I cancelled.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #89
Bwatford141

Quote:
3 business days passed since I cancelled it and no sign of a refund yet at my CC. I will have to call once again tomorrow... they swore to me that it would be processed that same day I cancelled.
That sucks. I ordered mine on 8/26. They never actually processed the payment, only authorized the charge on my card.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #90
jmr50

Mine arrived today and is running nicely after some Verizon fun.