TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #61
cwaipoi

Bought a basic yesterday in Chicagoland (they also had Plus in stock). Seems like you just need to refresh the store availability list a few times a day until some stock pops up.
cwaipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #62
TheWizz

I live in Texas and ordered mine direct from Tivo w/ the free ground shipping. I ordered it on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived at my home the next day. If you live near a Tivo distro point (ours is in the DFW area), might as well order direct if you want it soon.
TheWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #63
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizz View Post
I live in Texas and ordered mine direct from Tivo w/ the free ground shipping. I ordered it on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived at my home the next day. If you live near a Tivo distro point (ours is in the DFW area), might as well order direct if you want it soon.
How can i determine if I'm near a TiVo distribution point?
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #64
DaveDFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post
Tivos I've bought in the past have always shipped from Fort Worth, so someone who lives in the DFW metroplex will generally receive a Tivo in one day regardless of the shipment method chosen.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #65
cr33p

Quote:
I am pretty sure all of their equipment comes out of Texas.
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #66
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDFW View Post
Tivos I've bought in the past have always shipped from Fort Worth, so someone who lives in the DFW metroplex will generally receive a Tivo in one day regardless of the shipment method chosen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33p View Post
I am pretty sure all of their equipment comes out of Texas.
I was hoping they had more than one distribution point. How do they ship, UPS Ground? I'm in NY, so I'm guessing it's probably a good 3 days to me...
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #67
innocentfreak

Looks like South Tampa has some in now, but no Plus. They have the Roamio and the Pro. Brandon also has the Roamio, but nothing else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #68
TC25D

Quote:
I was hoping they had more than one distribution point. How do they ship, UPS Ground? I'm in NY, so I'm guessing it's probably a good 3 days to me...
Mine came UPS Ground.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #69
DaveDFW

I was momentarily weak and bought a Plus at the only local Best Buy which showed stock available. My 3tb AV-GP is on the way from Amazon, so I probably won't run through guided setup until tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small IMG_20130828_115925.jpg (55.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #70
cr33p

Just received my shipping notice from Best Buy, no details are in the UPS system yet, crossing my fingers it shows before the long weekend
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #71
DaveDFW

Quote:
...the long weekend
That was my biggest motivator. When I realized I'll be home for three full days, purchasing locally was the only way I could ensure I would have my new toy in time.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #72
cr33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDFW View Post
That was my biggest motivator. When I realized I'll be home for three full days, purchasing locally was the only way I could ensure I would have my new toy in time.
Trust me if the local store gets it before my shipped one does, Best Buy will be seeing a return
Old 08-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #73
HenryFarpolo

The Plus and Pro are now available at several of my local stores in Ma & NH.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #74
Bwatford141

Quote:
Trust me if the local store gets it before my shipped one does, Best Buy will be seeing a return
That's exactly what I might be doing.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #75
berg0449

If anybody is in the twin cities MN the BB at Mall of America shows the pro in stock. I am looking into getting the pro, but do not feel like driving to the Mall of America. My local Best Buy seems to estimate 1-2 weeks, but expect closer to 1 week. My only wish is to get it running by late September before most of the fall season starts.
berg0449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #76
pwas

Quote:
Just received my shipping notice from Best Buy, no details are in the UPS system yet, crossing my fingers it shows before the long weekend
Was yours backordered saying 1-2 weeks for delivery prior to this notice?
pwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #77
cr33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwas View Post
Was yours backordered saying 1-2 weeks for delivery prior to this notice?
Yes it was. And my Best buy upgraded shipping to next day. I just checked and it will be delivered tomorrow by 3 pm Woot!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #78
Toeside
Circa Dec 2005

I snagged a Roamio Plus from the Mid Rivers store in St Peters, MO. Bought it online his morning. It took a few tries to get it...kept getting an error when trying to add to cart.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #79
mattack

Woah, all of my BBs say unavailable.. but 1-2 weeks if ordered online (and with free shipping). I may round up the BB gift certificates I have to see how much total I have.. if I can pay for most of the hardware, I may just bite.. (I've been pondering biting even without that, and selling my P4 + tivo stream + tivo HD and replace with the 6 tuner roamio)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #80
gweempose

I picked up a Pro today at the Best Buy closest to me. I put it on my Best Buy credit card, so I'll get 5% back in the form of Reward Zone points. I called TiVo to activate it, and I was shocked that I got the MSD price on lifetime. The rep was surprised as well, because the computer was showing that I wasn't eligible for the MSD on this one since I got the MSD on the last 5 machines I bought.
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #81
Warp

Bought a Roamio basic today in Fargo. The started showing in stock on best buy's web site last night. They only had two on the shelf. (One after I took mine).
Roamio base model since Aug. 2013
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #82
cr33p

Two stores in South Michigan are showing stock, Taylor, and Bloomfield Hills
Old 08-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #83
pwas

Quote:
Yes it was. And my Best buy upgraded shipping to next day. I just checked and it will be delivered tomorrow by 3 pm Woot!
Cool. Thanks. Mine shipped today.
pwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #84
Bwatford141

No Roamio Plus in Tampa yet. My mom is driving over from Orlando and offered to get one at her local BB. She said that the truck just came in and they didn't even have them on display yet.

Last edited by Bwatford141 : 08-29-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #85
Ieolus

One Best Buy in Atlanta area claimed to have the Pro available. Stopped by and was told they had two in stock, but the street date was Sept. 1 and they couldn't sell it to me.
So I went online and ordered it for in-store pickup. Just waiting for them to fulfill the order now.
Ieolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #86
berg0449

Not to take over this thread, but if you purchased from BB did you take BB's extended warranty or Tivo's warranty? I have a Pro version waiting for me to pick up. I just have not decided which warranty to go with. All my other tivo's are tivo warranties.
berg0449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #87
cr33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieolus View Post
One Best Buy in Atlanta area claimed to have the Pro available. Stopped by and was told they had two in stock, but the street date was Sept. 1 and they couldn't sell it to me.
So I went online and ordered it for in-store pickup. Just waiting for them to fulfill the order now.
Now that is just plain old stupid, I hate stores and employees that do that type of stuff.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #88
Ieolus

Quote:
Now that is just plain old stupid, I hate stores and employees that do that type of stuff.
Well I picked it up an hour later no problem. I don't think it was the employee's fault... he was just following some kind of policy (I can only assume).
Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #89
Ieolus

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg0449 View Post
Not to take over this thread, but if you purchased from BB did you take BB's extended warranty or Tivo's warranty? I have a Pro version waiting for me to pick up. I just have not decided which warranty to go with. All my other Tivos are Tivo warranties.
I am going with the Tivo warranty personally.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #90
Kolenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieolus View Post
Well I picked it up an hour later no problem. I don't think it was the employee's fault... he was just following some kind of policy (I can only assume).
The problem is that Best Buy's policies are screwed in the head right now when it comes to new product. They are so afraid of breaking street dates that they've gotten overly cautious to the point where they are not allowed to put ANY new stock on the shelves or sell it until they can confirm the date. And the date they use in some cases is the "estimated stock arrival" date, rather than an actual launch date. And their system doesn't seem to differentiate between the two. At least not when I ran into this exact problem when I wanted to pick up a Kindle Paperwhite a while back.

I completely avoid Best Buy for launches now if I can because of their policies.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote