TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
jscozz

Roamio Pro outputs failed

My Roamio Pro had all of its outputs stop a week ago. HDMI, composite, component. None have any signal. It still works fine in all other aspects... 3 minis use it for live and recorded shows with no issues. Tivo Support says there was an update a week ago, but had no known issue with the outputs. It is under warranty, but I would get a refurb back and lose all my shows.

Does anyone have any advice for me to try before I send it in? Also, easiest way to save all shows and restore to new (refurb) unit?

Thanks!

jscozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscozz View Post
My Roamio Pro had all of its outputs stop a week ago. HDMI, composite, component. None have any signal. It still works fine in all other aspects... 3 minis use it for live and recorded shows with no issues. Tivo Support says there was an update a week ago, but had no known issue with the outputs. It is under warranty, but I would get a refurb back and lose all my shows.

Does anyone have any advice for me to try before I send it in? Also, easiest way to save all shows and restore to new (refurb) unit?

Thanks!
You could find the free version of Desktop and copy all your programs to a PC then hope they can be copied back. Or try the other transfer programs like kmttg and pyTiVo. They have their own forums.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
shamilian

Quote:

Thanks!
after the update one of my boxes went into standby mode.
tivo button or live tv woke it up.

shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
jscozz

What is the best and fastest utility to transfer shows off old tivo and onto a new one?

Can the hard drive be swapped from old to new (same exact model) and work fine or it is tied to some hardware ID and would just reinitialize in a different tivo? I can easily do it, just want to know if it will work.

This is really a PITA, Tivo! I pay for extra service plan... WTH can't I send you my old unit and have you just swap the damaged board, certify and send back, so I do not lose any shows on it and get my same unit back? I really HATE a refurb. Who the heck knows how the old unit was treated wherever it was before... because the unit YOU build has failed, I have to accept a refurb and lose all my shows, even after paying extra for extended service plan. I understand that is much easier for Tivo to handle things that way, but it is NOT very customer centered policy.

jscozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
UCLABB

Quote:
What is the best and fastest utility to transfer shows off old tivo and onto a new one?

Can the hard drive be swapped from old to new (same exact model) and work fine or it is tied to some hardware ID and would just reinitialize in a different tivo? I can easily do it, just want to know if it will work.

This is really a PITA, Tivo! I pay for extra service plan... WTH can't I send you my old unit and have you just swap the damaged board, certify and send back, so I do not lose any shows on it and get my same unit back? I really HATE a refurb. Who the heck knows how the old unit was treated wherever it was before... because the unit YOU build has failed, I have to accept a refurb and lose all my shows, even after paying extra for extended service plan. I understand that is much easier for Tivo to handle things that way, but it is NOT very customer centered policy.
Tivo desktop plus or pytivo will enable you to offload non-copy protected content to a computer and then reload it to your new TiVo. Another option is to get the refurb and transfer recordings from the old unit to the refurb before sending in the old unit. Again, only works on non-copy protected content.

The hard drive is matched to the unit so, no, you just can't swap hard drives.

UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote