TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
javabird

Rant about Tivo's new web site

I'm not happy with the new web site. I went to try to schedule a show from work yesterday from the Tivo app and kept getting errors - I forgot it doesn't work remotely with my TivoHD. So I went to use the Tivo web page on my iPad and found there's a new drop down menu that covers the top half of the page. The drop downs covered the search field on my iPad so I couldn't search for my show - every time I tried to click in the search field the drop down popped down and covered it. When I finally was able to navigate to the show through several more clicks, it showed the wrong channels. I then found I had to sign in - again - because the drop down menu somehow redirected me to a new page and didn't keep my credentials cached. Sigh. (I was away from my PC so that wasn't an option.)

I really miss the old m.tivo.com page that just worked nicely on my iPhone.

Last edited by javabird : 08-22-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, just came here to complain about the same. What happened to the excellent http://m.tivo.com page? It was mobile optimized and worked everywhere! Now I have to use the app itself?

Bad news.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
lessd

The link to change your TSN is also gone

Old 08-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
jhilla

Wink TivoGuide Alternative

Since m.tivo.com was deactivated with the need to push everyone to an app. There is an alternative http://www.zap2it.com/ when you create an account with Zap2it there is a feature that says "Link my Tivo"

Requirements
1.Zap2it.com account (Don't have an account? Registerfor one!)
2.TiVo® Series2™ or above DVR* with active TiVo service (Buy a TiVo DVRhere)
3.TiVo.com user account (Register for freehere)

*Not available for DirecTV subscribers who have TiVo service as a part of their satellite subscription. You must have a standalone TiVo® Series2™ DVR or above to use this service.
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

The re-org also broke all of my old bookmarks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
javabird

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post
Since m.tivo.com was deactivated with the need to push everyone to an app. There is an alternative http://www.zap2it.com/ when you create an account with Zap2it there is a feature that says "Link my Tivo"

Requirements
1.Zap2it.com account (Don't have an account? Registerfor one!)
2.TiVo® Series2™ or above DVR* with active TiVo service (Buy a TiVo DVRhere)
3.TiVo.com user account (Register for freehere)

*Not available for DirecTV subscribers who have TiVo service as a part of their satellite subscription. You must have a standalone TiVo® Series2™ DVR or above to use this service.
Thanks for the reminder, jhilla. I used to used Zap2it a long time ago, but had forgotten about it since I hadn't needed to use it. Ha-ha, I guess I'll need to check it out again!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
windracer
joined the 10k club

Is it just me or are the links under Find Shows (on the main menu bar) for "Find TV Shows" and "TV Listings Guide" completely broken now?

|
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #8
alyssa

just got off the phone with tivo looking for some help loading my season passes back on to my premiere because the web site is having problems loading the season manager page.

the csa said he couldn't load the web site at all...i politely suggested that maybe 'upgrading' the web site at the same time as they released a major new piece of hardware wasn't a great idea....he laughed and laughed, (the frustration was evident)
then said they couldn't do half the stuff they're suppose to do and it had been going on for a week....

For all your Comic-Con needs.

alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #9
mdscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa View Post
said they couldn't do half the stuff they're suppose to do and it had been going on for a week....
Sigh...
Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #10
WhiskeyTango

The new website is almost useless. It doesn't remember your login info, is slower than ever, and frequently ends up not being able to load show info from the My Shows section or delivers an error message trying to see More on the TDL pages. If you leave it idle for more than a few minutes, it times out and I have to login again.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The link to change your TSN is also gone
I hadn't noticed that before but you're right.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
windracer
joined the 10k club

That's been gone for a while, hasn't it?

|
Old 09-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
That's been gone for a while, hasn't it?
No the link (TSN change) went away when the TP was first introduced, but came back within a few days, maybe it will come back this time also, but it is not there now.