TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 4.95 average.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #991
ejuand

Upgrading to Roamio and trans annual plan

Called Tivo and asked about options since the 2-tuner premier I have will auto renew in a month on the $129 yearly plan.
She offered me a plus for $339.00 and offered to transfer the annual plan to it.
I had the premier for 3 years already.
I don't do lifetime because I have not stayed with the same cable provider in the past (Comcast/directtv/uverse/Comcast).
My promo with Comcast ends in another 16 months.

I will call back later to see if I can lifetime the unit for $99.
ejuand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #992
dslwizard

Not sure if you really call this a deal, but I noticed Sam's Club is now stocking and selling TiVo Roamio Plus 6 Tuner DVR item#1893 for $348.

I was at a local club here in Minneapolis and noticed a new display with them on a pallet.

Here is the website:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/tivo-6-...rod12290525.ip

I think they just got them in.

Good Luck. I am really interested in getting a Roamio. This might be the deal for me as a first time Tivo user.
dslwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #993
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslwizard View Post
Not sure if you really call this a deal, but I noticed Sam's Club is now stocking and selling TiVo Roamio Plus 6 Tuner DVR item#1893 for $348.

I was at a local club here in Minneapolis and noticed a new display with them on a pallet.

Here is the website:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/tivo-6-...rod12290525.ip

I think they just got them in.

Good Luck. I am really interested in getting a Roamio. This might be the deal for me as a first time Tivo user.
That is a deal, the survey panel code was $299 regularly $399. I wonder if TiVo will offer special service prices because its a Costco TiVo.

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Last edited by Joe01880 : 02-26-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #994
JoshDB

I have a basic roamio sealed in box with Lifetime subscription for sale on ebay section of this forum. Fell free to contact me or pm me if you are in the market for one. Im asking 575 and I will pay for ground shipping.
JoshDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #995
nusslejj

Just upgraded from Premier to Roamio - I think a very good price

I was paying $12.95/month for my Premier. Waited until very last day of their Roamio sale (If I recall it was Jan 31). They were advertising the Roamio for $175. After some dickering, I got the Roamio for $150, free shipping, no tax in Ohio, and they dropped my monthly charge to $9.95 - permanently.

I think that was a pretty good deal. I pulled the trigger when they dropped the monthly charge to $9.95.
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #996
HarperVision

I have 3 codes for the TiVo sales training specials and maybe 3 more. I'm not sure what to do with them. It seems that people got mad on these forums with someone who tried selling them. I don't need them as I already have a Pro and 2 minis. I'll probably list the actual products on eBay and then drop ship them. Any thoughts or ideas?
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #997
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I have 3 codes for the TiVo sales training specials and maybe 3 more. I'm not sure what to do with them. It seems that people got mad on these forums with someone who tried selling them. I don't need them as I already have a Pro and 2 minis. I'll probably list the actual products on eBay and then drop ship them. Any thoughts or ideas?
The problem with listing the actual products on eBay is that you don't know which combination of actual products people want to use the codes on. I wouldn't be deterred by a couple crybabies on the forum that whined about how much the other guy was asking for the codes (even though he sold some of them in auctions and others in "best offer" listings).

I'd auction the codes on eBay. They're worth what they're worth.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #998
midson

The Plus is down to 299.97 at my local costco. They're clearing them out!
midson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #999
Photo_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by midson View Post
The Plus is down to 299.97 at my local costco. They're clearing them out!
Midson,

Where is your local Costco? I was just wondering if it was anywhere near local to me. Las Vegas or Northern California... Thanks...
Photo_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #1000
midson

In the Tigard, OR store (Portland meteo area).
midson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #1001
avmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Would you be interested in sharing a code? I'd like to buy a Roamio Pro and 3 minis with lifetime. Not sure I want to deal with the people selling codes on eBay.

Thanks,
Mike
avmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #1002
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

My Premiere renews at $129 on May 18. I need to find a Roamio deal before then so I can get a new box+lifetime and not re-sub the 2 tuner Premiere. Are there any current deals? I was hoping there'd be something somewhere for Easter.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #1003
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
My Premiere renews at $129 on May 18. I need to find a Roamio deal before then so I can get a new box+lifetime and not re-sub the 2 tuner Premiere. Are there any current deals? I was hoping there'd be something somewhere for Easter.
Call TiVo. They will probably give you $25 off a basic and let you transfer your subscription to the new machine. After that, others might pipe in on canceling your Premiere to get a $99 lifetime deal on it and then sell it on eBay.
chicagobrownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #1004
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmike View Post
Would you be interested in sharing a code? I'd like to buy a Roamio Pro and 3 minis with lifetime. Not sure I want to deal with the people selling codes on eBay. Thanks, Mike
Let me see if I have one left. If not I think I also have some March Madness $75 and $50 off coupons left.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #1005
moonscape

Harper - tried to send you a PM but your box is full!
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #1006
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonscape View Post
Harper - tried to send you a PM but your box is full!
Try again
Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #1007
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

I have a March Madness $50 off coupon code for anyone wanting it for a new Roamio, it expires April 28th PM me or email me at my user ID @gmail.com

I have a $75 off code too but I'm saving it just in case a used Roamio I just bought doesn't work out, if I end up not needing it it will offer it too.

Also, believe that someone posted awhile back that Bestbuy will match most coupon discounts too if you want to buy locally, as I recall someone applied the coupon code while checking out on Tivo. Com, printed the screen and took it to their Bestbuy were they price matched it.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #1008
bob2k2

avmike - I would be willing to purchase one if you are interested - my tivo community name at gmail.com.

Last edited by bob2k2 : 04-20-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: left something out
bob2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #1009
bob2k2

Just getting back to Tivo - anyone who can direct me to coupons for purchase as well as lifetime subscriptions for a Roamio Plus - would like to get another subscription for a relative who has a roamio already - thanks- my email is my community name @gmail.com - Thanks for you consideration. Bob
bob2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #1010
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2k2 View Post
avmike - I would be willing to purchase one if you are interested - my tivo community name at gmail.com.
Email reply sent. I included both $50 and $75 off codes! Let me know if don't use them or if you use one of them, let me know which one you use so I can pass the other along to someone else before they expire.
TiVo Premiere

Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #1011
chucka

I'm ready to pull the trigger on 2-3 Mini's with lifetime. want to get the $175 each deal if I can but want to try not buy one of the ebay auctions that offer it. so if anyone can help with it you can pm me or email me cbrooke74 at hotmail, i would greatly appreciate it.
chucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #1012
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucka View Post
I'm ready to pull the trigger on 2-3 Mini's with lifetime. want to get the $175 each deal if I can but want to try not buy one of the ebay auctions that offer it. so if anyone can help with it you can pm me or email me cbrooke74 at hotmail, i would greatly appreciate it.
If you call Tivo directly you should get the Mini's for $50 each per the last I heard esp if you buy lifetime and you will get free shipping. That's the best offer I have seen for the Mini but you have to call and ask as it not an advertised offer. Anything better better requires buying the eBay auction coupon codes which cancels any true savings.
TiVo Premiere

Old 04-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #1013
chucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
If you call Tivo directly you should get the Mini's for $50 each per the last I heard esp if you buy lifetime and you will get free shipping. That's the best offer I have seen for the Mini but you have to call and ask as it not an advertised offer. Anything better better requires buying the eBay auction coupon codes which cancels any true savings.
great, I'll call later today! so I guess If I buy 2 for $400 it would be the same as paying $50 on ebay and paying $350 for them. i'll just cut out the middle man. it would save me $25 if I end up buying a 3rd one though.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #1014
wickedsmart

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been renting a TiVo Premiere from RCN for the past few years and I have decided to cut the cord and buy a TiVo Roamio.

Would someone be kind enough to send me a $75 off coupon to purchase the Roamio?

Thanks in advance!
wickedsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #1015
chucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
ok, just got off the phone with them and they said that $50 deal wasn't good anymore. even put me on hold to get a manager to try to do it for me. couldn't do it. I even said I would buy 2 right now if i could get it for that price. didn't happen.

guess I'll try to bid on an ebay auction to see if I can get it a lot cheaper than $50. or maybe someone on here that can do it will see this and could help me out.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #1016
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedsmart View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been renting a TiVo Premiere from RCN for the past few years and I have decided to cut the cord and buy a TiVo Roamio. Would someone be kind enough to send me a $75 off coupon to purchase the Roamio? Thanks in advance!
Here is one for anyone who wants it:

Congratulations on making a big shot!
Below is your unique code for $75 savings off a new TiVo Roamio(TM), Roamio Plus or Roamio Pro. You must use this code before April 28, 2014 and it is not valid with other promotions.
Your unique code is:
YF0404K2U8
Go to www.tivo.com or call 1-877-289-8486 to redeem your code.
Thanks,
The TiVo Team
Old 04-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #1017
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucka View Post
ok, just got off the phone with them and they said that $50 deal wasn't good anymore. even put me on hold to get a manager to try to do it for me. couldn't do it. I even said I would buy 2 right now if i could get it for that price. didn't happen.

guess I'll try to bid on an ebay auction to see if I can get it a lot cheaper than $50. or maybe someone on here that can do it will see this and could help me out.
That's rotten! Yea, the only other option I guess is check out those eBay sellers or perhaps wait as TiVo seems to constantly have promotion of some sort every month, they might be starting something new for May once the coupon codes from March madness expires on the 28th.

Another thing too is try calling more than once and at a different time of the days, it's a common result that different calls get different results. I was told a month ago that a used Premeire I have which had been unsubscribed for awhile wasn't eligible for the $99 lifetime upgrade offer that other have been receiving so I just re-subscribed it for monthly with no commitment. I called last Saturday to cancel it and was offered the $99 upgrade to lifetime! Doesn't hurt to be persistent. Doesn't hurt to be persistent, might also look around here and post a few requests for codes as most of them have expiration dates and they might go cheap when the dates get close.
TiVo Premiere

Old 04-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #1018
wickedsmart

Used
YF0404K2U8

TYVM HarperVision!
wickedsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #1019
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedsmart View Post
Used YF0404K2U8 TYVM HarperVision!
You're very welcome, enjoy!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #1020
chucka

called again last night and the lady said the only way she could give me a deal like that is if I had a promo card for it. oh well.

thanks for all the help.