TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #511
magicspell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
What is the Costco item number for the pro?
Easy to call your local store with the number before heading out.
They will also look up the item number and tell you what stores have them.
Was at my local Costco this evening. Didn't purchase one but they had the Roamio plus as others have indicated for $349.99. Costco item number 800040.
magicspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #512
worachj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I looked again at the UPS information and was shocked that the ship from address was BESTBUY.COM FINDLAY, OH, US , the truth will come out Tuesday when I get the 9.2lb package from UPS/ Best Buy ??? Will it really be a new Roamio+ ???
Stay tuned
If it makes you feel any better I had a similar experience when I purchased a TiVo from McLego.com. They shipped from Bestbuy.com. Everything was as if I purchased the TiVo directly from BestBuy and not McLego.com. In fact there was no mention of McLego.com anywhere on the box. The shipping invoice and return shipping label were all BestBuy.

BestBuy must be handling the shipment of some of the small internet companies. I had zero problems with my shipment. If you have any problems with the TiVo you will be dealing with BestBuy, which may be a better thing.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #513
the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
BestBuy must be handling the shipment of some of the small internet companies.
Yeah it's called drop shipping, though there usually is at least an attempt to disguise the distributor's identity with labels and package slips and what not. Guess not in this case.
the block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #514
soobaerodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by the block View Post
Yeah it's called drop shipping, though there usually is at least an attempt to disguise the distributor's identity with labels and package slips and what not. Guess not in this case.
Or it could be fencing. Selling goods online way below market value is a great way to cash out stolen credit card numbers.
soobaerodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #515
DM3MD157

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobaerodude View Post
Or it could be fencing. Selling goods online way below market value is a great way to cash out stolen credit card numbers.
Wow, I never thought of that!

That McLego site is mad shady. Try clicking on the links on the bottom, none of them work except for the "contact us" link.
DM3MD157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #516
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobaerodude View Post
Good point, who would have the loss, me for purchasing stolen TiVo or Best Buy for taking in a stolen CC or the CC company ??

Old 12-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #517
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
What is the Costco item number for the pro?
Costco is not selling the pro, they are selling the Plus. Item #80040

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/f64inp87zfdevhv/bhp5ne3Nie
headless chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #518
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Good point, who would have the loss, me for purchasing stolen TiVo or Best Buy for taking in a stolen CC or the CC company ??
That's a tough one. Even if you simply suspect something could be stolen, or purchased with stolen money/CC/DC, and you do the right thing, you could find yourself having to hand over what you purchased as evidence.

Then the nightmare has only begun.

I'd play dumb, maybe even redact posts about it, if I suddenly had such suspicions.

I'd review the fine print of the protection your card gives you, and be sure if the property is taken as evidence, you get your money back (and WHEN you get it back), before making any inquiries.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #519
soobaerodude

Quote:
This is a common problem with pre-paid phone service cards/pins. If the carrier finds out the pin was purchased with a stolen credit card, they will revoke the credit from the phone account that used the pin.
soobaerodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #520
karlegas
Karl Egas

Quote:
Originally Posted by headless chicken View Post
Costco is not selling the pro, they are selling the Plus. Item #80040

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/f64inp87zfdevhv/bhp5ne3Nie
Please indicate the Costco location I did not find in Southern California, not all Costcos carries the same stuff, inclusive in the same area.

About purchase in Costco is good because the return policy, but you pay taxes instead online offer ABT.com is free taxes and shipping, I must add Tivo protection.

Last edited by karlegas : 12-03-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: mispelling
karlegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #521
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Re: Fenced TiVos?

New thread material perhaps, before panic/chaos/wild speculation consumes this one, which has kept on-track amazingly well, so far?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #522
palover

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlegas View Post

About purchase in Costco is good because the return policy, but you pay taxes instead online offer ABT.com is free taxes and shipping, I must add Tivo protection.
I don't see it on sale at ABT.com so even with tax Costco has a better price.
palover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #523
chicagobrownblue

I have a Premiere that started service in February 2009. I've signed up for the annual service which is ~$129. If I buy a new Roamio do you think I'll get the lifetime $99 offer on my old Premiere and if yes, what would the Premiere with Lifetime be worth? Thanks.
RCN Signature HD but no premium channels
Panasonic TC-42PX14 42" 720p plasma HDTV
Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray Player Refurb $59
chicagobrownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #524
the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by palover View Post
I don't see it on sale at ABT.com so even with tax Costco has a better price.
If you read the thread it has been mentioned several times the Abt sale is unadvertised and all you need to do is initiate an online chat with a sales rep to get it.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #525
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by the block View Post
If you read the thread it has been mentioned several times the Abt sale is unadvertised and all you need to do is initiate an online chat with a sales rep to get it.
ABT wouldn't give it to me for $339, but I managed to get it down to $350

[Kate D.] I do apologize I am unable to offer an additional $10 off past the $349.99
[Kate D.] The price of $349.99 is the lowest we are able to offer on that unit
Old 12-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #526
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobrownblue View Post
I have a Premiere that started service in February 2009. I've signed up for the annual service which is ~$129. If I buy a new Roamio do you think I'll get the lifetime $99 offer on my old Premiere and if yes, what would the Premiere with Lifetime be worth? Thanks.
Look at my signature.

Nobody's asking about the LT Premieres...
Old 12-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #527
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Look at my signature.

Nobody's asking about the LT Premieres...
So your prices are too high. I can offer my Verizon stock at $60 a share and it won't move. VZ closed at $49.60 which should be able to clear the market for my position. So, what are LT Premieres worth besides less than what you are asking?
chicagobrownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #528
hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobrownblue View Post
So your prices are too high. I can offer my Verizon stock at $60 a share and it won't move. VZ closed at $49.60 which should be able to clear the market for my position. So, what are LT Premieres worth besides less than what you are asking?
I sold 2 lifetime premieres on eBay last week. One xl for 355 and one base for 328 with 320gb drive. Both were 2 tuners.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #529
justthisonce

sophia mart is not legit (evidence below)

I've been following this thread to see if Sophia mart is legit. Sophia mart claims to be under darkspero.com. So i emailed a contact at juicekick.com, a darkspero company, which appears to be reputable. here is the response:

We have no connection to sophiamart, but are receiving a lot of calls from customers who have purchased something on their website. They placed our company info on their site. We are not affiliated with them in any way. We have emailed them to remove our info from their site, but thus have not heard back.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Please do NOT order from sophia mart. I hope lessd gets their order. to add my speculation, I"m guessing sophia mart will fulfill a few orders through bestbuy and then use the boost in reputation to get a lot of orders and then disappear.

Sorry to highjack this forum but I'm guessing I'm not the only one tempted by the deals on sophia mart.
justthisonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #530
karlegas
Karl Egas

Yesterday I bought for $339.99 maybe still on offer if you chat with them

http://www.abt.com/product/72409/TiVo-TCD848000.html

Costco is only available in store not stores in all cities, not all members.
karlegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #531
the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by headless chicken View Post
ABT wouldn't give it to me for $339, but I managed to get it down to $350

[Kate D.] I do apologize I am unable to offer an additional $10 off past the $349.99
[Kate D.] The price of $349.99 is the lowest we are able to offer on that unit
I'd try again with a different rep, unless the promotion actually finally ended today. I spoke with 2 or 3 reps before I was ready to pull the trigger and they all offered $339.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #532
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

OK, I chatted with Tivo today and can transfer my $6.99 monthly service to a Roamio and then get $99 lifetime for the Premiere that currently has the $6.99 monthly.

Here is the question: If I keep the Roamio and one Premiere I paid full price on the lifetime on my account (qualifying box for the $6.99 monthly), I take it I can sell all my other lifetime units to pay for another 3 minis, right? Can I have one Roamio plus, one premiere and 4 minis with no issues (except for potential tuner conflicts)?

Will the minis ever be able to snag tuners from the 2 tuner Premiere or should I keep my Elite and my Roamio Plus to give me 10 total tuners? And, if you have both, do the minis go to either unit or do they have to be "tied" to a unit?

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #533
the block

I've got some more good news concerning the Abt $339 deal. I was just looking over my Amex offers on the Amex website and came across this offer. If you paid with your Amex card, the Abt deal is now a $319 Plus I called Amex to confirm the offer and the rep says it'll be applied automatically after 2 billing cycles.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #534
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Did you know Walmart will also do price-matching, just without the gift card offer. Earlier I tried to look at the Wal-mart web site and it was too busy.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #535
johnm4

Questions about doing the Abt.com pricing:

- After chatting, the deal is completed on the phone? So that would negate any click-through shopping portal cash back I'm guessing? Or do they adjust the price in your cart?

- Can anyone foresee any problems paying with 2 Abt.com gift cards + remaining balance on credit card?
johnm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #536
mattack

Note, you can still order the Roamio + $50 gift card from bestbuy.com as "backordered" and supposedly ships within 1-2 weeks.

Argh, somehow I thought the other deal (the other money back) was more than just yesterday.. ohwell..

Also, note you can get 1% back (it too was more -- 4% yesterday at least for some items) through ebates.com.

and today I bought $150 Best Buy gift cards from Safeway because I got a $25 off $50 grocery store coupon (sure, more than I usually spend, but I get into the $30-40 range EASILY, so can just buy a bit more stuff that I need anyway earlier than I will otherwise).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #537
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthisonce View Post
I've been following this thread to see if Sophia mart is legit. Sophia mart claims to be under darkspero.com. So i emailed a contact at juicekick.com, a darkspero company, which appears to be reputable. here is the response:

We have no connection to sophiamart, but are receiving a lot of calls from customers who have purchased something on their website. They placed our company info on their site. We are not affiliated with them in any way. We have emailed them to remove our info from their site, but thus have not heard back.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Please do NOT order from sophia mart. I hope lessd gets their order. to add my speculation, I"m guessing sophia mart will fulfill a few orders through bestbuy and then use the boost in reputation to get a lot of orders and then disappear.

Sorry to highjack this forum but I'm guessing I'm not the only one tempted by the deals on sophia mart.
I got the TiVo from the sophia mart order but it was fulfilled by Best Buy, the Roamio + had a DOM of Oct 13, 2013 so it is new, again my payment was $320.99, if I needed to return the Roamio+ it gives Best Buy as the place to return the unit, if there is a scam here I have not found it, YMMV. My invoice does has a Best Buy order number and there is no mention of sophia mart on any paperwork that came with the Roamio +.
The Web address is

http://www.sophiamart.com/tivo-roami...dvr-tcd848000/

Last edited by lessd : 12-03-2013 at 11:22 PM.
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #538
emax

I got my Roamio Pro from best buy, they did PM the Tivo offer but manager told me right away no GC. He called it double dipping . I had also AMEX offer for $25 @BB. Happy camper here.

I live in Bay Area and saw Tivo + in 2 different Costco's for $350.
emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #539
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by emax View Post
I got my Roamio Pro from best buy, they did PM the Tivo offer but manager told me right away no GC. He called it double dipping . I had also AMEX offer for $25 @BB. Happy camper here.

I live in Bay Area and saw Tivo + in 2 different Costco's for $350.
Well, I'm sure that at least one Best Buy General Manager is aware of this thread, and who knows how many total Best Buy employees come through here in a day.

Even say what I just said isn't true, want to guess how many people blurted out that they were aware of other stores doing it, when the store they were at said no, then referenced TCF, or even slapped down a printed copy of a success-story, or my how-to guide? People get downright scary in that holiday shopping window. There were shootings and robberies in my area over holiday deals. Mix that with: "This guy got it, I want that too!" People get crazy.

I'm beginning to think the two different listings, with two different SKUs, per Roamio model, one with GC, and one without, were part of a plan to thwart "double-dipping", that didn't quite work as well as designed, or too many of the right people didn't get the inter-store memo (or maybe just didn't understand it).

They do have internet at their fingertips, at every checkout. Just a few things overheard, and a bit of searching could lead right here. I'm just happy to be done with it, and have the hardware I sought.

Thanks, again, to those who got the BB "double-dip" PM+GC ball rolling!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #540
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
I'm beginning to think the two different listings, with two different SKUs, per Roamio model, one with GC, and one without, were part of a plan to thwart "double-dipping", that didn't quite work as well as designed, or too many of the right people didn't get the inter-store memo (or maybe just didn't understand it).
You are correct. The website had two listings for each Tivo model--one with GC and one without--the last time I checked. As per your own words the GC promotion ended 12/2 so I haven't checked again since Sunday.