TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
LightningBOLT

$99 Lifetime on Roamio Plus/Pro. OFFER EXTENDED!

I purchased a Bolt earlier and I just called back to buy another one for another household and was offered $99 Lifetime on a Roamio Pro/Plus.

Deal is offered to any Series 1, 2 or 3 owner with 5 years of consecutive service (according to CSR). So I purchased a Roamio Plus w/lifetime for $450 ($350 for the Plus and $100 for lifetime.) Roamio Basic would have been $400 total and Pro $600 total. This deal is not avail online. You have to call to get it. If the CSR doesn't offer it, call back and try another.

Note 1: There has been a report from a TC member stating that he only has three years of "loyalty" and still got this deal.

Note 2: Some Tivo Roamio owners have been able to get their current Tivo switched to a $99 lifetime plan without having to buy a new box.

Note 3: There has been a report that the $99 lifetime offer has been extended past 10/31. Get it while you can.

Note 4: Deal is still reported active as of 12/1.

Last edited by LightningBOLT; 12-09-2015 at 03:49 AM.
LightningBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

Now that's a great deal, especially since I would prefer a Roamio Plus over a Bolt anyways. But is it really "all Roamios"? I find it hard to believe they would sell you a Roamio OTA w/lifetime for $150. I'm guessing the $99 lifetime is just for the Plus/Pro, and maybe the base and OTA Roamio is lifetime for $200 or $250. Others who call and get this deal please report back about the details.

tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
waynomo
My One Time

I wonder if this offer applies to already purchased Roamios that are currently on month to month or a yearly service plan?

waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #4
LightningBOLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
Now that's a great deal, especially since I would prefer a Roamio Plus over a Bolt anyways. But is it really "all Roamios"? I find it hard to believe they would sell you a Roamio OTA w/lifetime for $150. I'm guessing the $99 lifetime is just for the Plus/Pro, and maybe the base and OTA Roamio is lifetime for $200 or $250. Others who call and get this deal please report back about the details.
Good point. Very likely not on OTA.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
LightningBOLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I wonder if this offer applies to already purchased Roamios that are currently on month to month or a yearly service plan?
I doubt it but you can try. I believe they are trying to sell off current stock of roamio.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
LightningBOLT

Here's the pricing I was offered:

Roamio incl lifetime: $400
Roamio Plus incl lifetime: $450
Roamio Pro incl lifetime: $600

Old 09-30-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
gigaguy

I just called Tivo and was told no Lifetime available on any TiVo and no deals for me at all. I'm not at 5 years yet.

gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
LightningBOLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
I just called Tivo and was told no Lifetime available on any TiVo and no deals for me at all. I'm not at 5 years yet.
Yeah, that's part of the offer.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningBOLT View Post
Yeah, that's part of the offer.
Right. What was the 10-year loyalty deal is now 5-years. I was just told that multiple purchases could be made, up to the number of DVRs currently active on your account w/ 5 or more years of service.

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #10
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Likely not, as it seems similar to earlier incentives aimed at clearing existing stock -- but it couldn't hurt to try.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #11
krkaufman

Anybody out there eligible for this offer that would like to proxy purchase a $450 Plus for me (well, my niece's place, actually, to replace the refurb base Roamio I just installed)?

PM me if you can help a member out...

Old 09-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #12
xberk

Quote:

I just picked up a Roamio Basic with Lifetime for $300 recently (a few weeks ago). That sale seems over. Didn't require any loyalty. So it seems to me the price has gone up here by $100.

xberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 09-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #13
innocentfreak

I can never remember, what is the 10 year loyalty promo?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #14
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I can never remember, what is the 10 year loyalty promo?
Retail cost for Plus/Pro + $100 Lifetime service. Or retail for basic Roamio + $200 Lifetime service.

Thanks For This Post:
Old 09-30-2015, 08:19 PM   #15
innocentfreak

So this is actually cheaper than the 10 year deal than if the Pro is $600.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
So this is actually cheaper than the 10 year deal than if the Pro is $600.
huh?

edit: prices are quoted above. This *is* the 10-year (now 5-year) loyalty deal, but reflects the lowered pre-service prices for each model.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
andyw715

Does this promo include refurb roamios?

andyw715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #18
LightningBOLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xberk View Post
I just picked up a Roamio Basic with Lifetime for $300 recently (a few weeks ago). That sale seems over. Didn't require any loyalty. So it seems to me the price has gone up here by $100.
$300 was refurb, right? New was $400, IIRC.

This is for new. So, essentially the basic has been extended and Plus/Pro added.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #19
thefisch

If confirmed, this will really help out those folks who wanted a plus or pro but were short of the 10 year mark. Spread the word!

thefisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #20
krkaufman

Quote:
$300 was refurb, right? New was $400, IIRC.

This is for new. So, essentially the basic has been extended and Plus/Pro added.
Correct. The loyalty offer has only ever applied to NEW hardware, not renewed/refurb. So $200 for the hardware plus $200 for Lifetime service for the base model.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:09 AM   #21
junesen

Quote:

The Roamio Plus is interesting to me for the included Stream, 6 tuners, and faster network card. However, I am strictly Over-The-Air, and the Roamio Plus doesn't support OTA right? Why doesn't it?

junesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:17 AM   #22
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by junesen View Post
The Roamio Plus is interesting to me for the included Stream, 6 tuners, and faster network card. However, I am strictly Over-The-Air, and the Roamio Plus doesn't support OTA right? Why doesn't it?
Plus the ability to infuse your coax w/ MoCA.

And correct, the Plus & Pro don't do OTA. You'd need the base Roamio or Roamio OTA -- or the new Bolt. As to why the Plus/Pro don't do OTA, you'd have to speak w/ TiVo marketing.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #23
forum1
TiVo user since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkaufman View Post
Plus the ability to infuse your coax w/ MoCA.

And correct, the Plus & Pro don't do OTA. You'd need the base Roamio or Roamio OTA -- or the new Bolt. As to why the Plus/Pro don't do OTA, you'd have to speak w/ TiVo marketing.
And there is no way to do simultaneous antenna and cable (dual input) with any Roamio or Bolt, unlike with the Premiere units before them. Maybe there aren't many people that want this, but I am one of them. I find it very helpful to be able to have my Premier record shows OTA while keeping the rest of the cable lineup when, for example, Verizon FiOS drops FOX due to a licensing fee dispute. Having to purchase and run a separate TiVo box just to have OTA backup recording seems excessive. Unfortunately, all the feedback on the Roamio’s lack of dual input didn't bring it back on the Bolt.

forum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #24
Rustwood

It looks like these are new units not refurbs - is that correct? They are in the "outlet" but I didn't see anything about them being refurbs. If so, I kind of hate this. As a loyal 10+ year customer, last month they sold me a Plus box for $50 more than they are selling it to 5+ year customers this month. I realize the Bolt is out now and I knew that was going to come out soon, but I still don't think Tivo was smart to do that to their most loyal customers.

Rustwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #25
psywzrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustwood View Post
It looks like these are new units not refurbs - is that correct? They are in the "outlet" but I didn't see anything about them being refurbs. If so, I kind of hate this. As a loyal 10+ year customer, last month they sold me a Plus box for $50 more than they are selling it to 5+ year customers this month. I realize the Bolt is out now and I knew that was going to come out soon, but I still don't think Tivo was smart to do that to their most loyal customers.
Are you within your 30-day return window? If so, I would call them and ask them to issue you a $50 credit. If they won't do it, return the box and buy another one at the new price.

psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 10-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #26
CraigK
(unspecified)

Quote:
I purchased a Bolt earlier and I just called back to buy another one for another household and was offered $99 Lifetime on any Roamio.

Deal is offered to any Series 1, 2 or 3 owner with 5 years of consecutive service.

So I purchased a Roamio Plus w/lifetime for $450 ($350 for the Plus and $100 for lifetime.)

Tivo is trying to dump the remaining Roamios on the down low so that it doesn't compete with their public Bolt release.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I called this morning and was offered the Plus for $500 and Pro for $700. We will have ten years with TiVo next month. Didn't have to plead my case for anything and I took the Pro for $500 + tax and free shipping.

I had waited until the Bolt came out to see what it offered, but didn't like the 4 tuners and white color. Like most folks here, I didn't expect Lifetime to jump and MSD to disappear so I'm quite happy with this deal. I would have had to eventually face the Comcast MPEG-4 issue on our TiVo HD so this works good for me.

Thanks again.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #27
zubinh

Forgive me, I am not understanding the recent pricing changes. I cannot find lifetime service for a Roamio or Bolt anywhere on Tivo's website. What's going on?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #28
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
I called this morning and was offered the Plus for $500 and Pro for $700. We will have ten years with TiVo next month. Didn't have to plead my case for anything and I took the Pro for $500 + tax and free shipping.
Given that the loyalty offer is supposed to be $100 Lifetime service combined with the current retail price of the Roamio, it seems like you were overcharged $50.

The prices you were quoted match the pre-BOLT pricing for the Plus & Pro. Post-BOLT, they're $50 and $100 cheaper, respectively.
Roamio Plus DVR ($350) *or* Roamio Pro DVR ($500)
+ Loyalty-discounted Lifetime Service ($100)
edit: p.s. See above.

Last edited by krkaufman; 10-01-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Thanks For This Post:
Old 10-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #29
CraigK
(unspecified)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkaufman View Post
Given that the loyalty offer is supposed to be $100 Lifetime service combined with the current retail price of the Roamio, it seems like you were overcharged $50.

The prices you were quoted match the pre-BOLT pricing for the Plus & Pro. Post-BOLT, they're $50 and $100 cheaper, respectively.
Roamio Plus DVR ($350) *or* Roamio Pro DVR ($500)
+ Loyalty-discounted Lifetime Service ($100)
edit: p.s. See above.
It was close enough that I didn't want to haggle at 7 in the morning. Don't rain on my parade.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #30
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubinh View Post
Forgive me, I am not understanding the recent pricing changes. I cannot find lifetime service for a Roamio or Bolt anywhere on Tivo's website. What's going on?
Lifetime service is now called "all in" and it costs $600. I don't recommend getting it. With the pricing changes, lifetime service is now a bad deal, unless you can get one of the special loyalty lifetime prices offered to longtime customers.

tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post: