TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
rspike

Keep SD Channels ??

This may be a silly question, but is there any practical or logistical reason to keep my SD Channels active in my TiVo if all I ever watch are the High Def Channesl? Pros? Cons?

Thanks for any advice.
rspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

Some people like to micro-manage or maximize recording space to hold as many of their shows as possible, but otherwise, nope. I remove all SDs that have HD equivalents.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
catburt
OldGeek

I also deactivate the duplicate SD, foreign language, shopping, and a few of the news channels. It improves channel surfing and decreases the number of search responses. I started doing this mostly to speed up older HD tivo but it is still worth the effort on Roamio.
catburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
bradleys
It'll be fine....

I did the same thing...

I went to the FIOS website and downloaded the complete channel listing, put the SD/HD side by side and quickly removed all of the duplicate channels!

I remember m daughter getting mad at me because she couldn't find dinsney! But it didn't take long for everyone to get used to my madness!
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
humbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
I went to the FIOS website and downloaded the complete channel listing, put the SD/HD side by side and quickly removed all of the duplicate channels!
For me, the easiest way to identify and remove duplicate SD channels is:
Go to the Guide and using the A options button, make sure you are in Grid Guide (Style) and (Sort By) Channel Name; then

Duplicate channels will mostly be consecutive, so if you arrow to the SD version of the channel name and select, you will then be able to remove that channel from the Channel List. Repeat as necessary.
humbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #6
tim1724

For some cable channels (e.g., BBC America) I get the east coast feed for HD and the west coast feed for SD. Why? I have no idea. Charter is just weird.

But I find it useful sometimes if I have a recording fail for some reason because if I notice right away I can get the SD version 3 hours later.