TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
crobey

USB wired Ethernet adapter

So it looks like a surge from a nearby lightning strike may have fried my Ethernet connections on almost all my wired devices in my house (Modem, AP, switch, computer, ect..) Tivo is working but obviously no internet connection for now. Has anybody had any luck using a USB wired Ethernet adapter. I know I had one for my series2. I also have a series 3 that I may need to try the same workaround if I can't figure this out.

crobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobey View Post
So it looks like a surge from a nearby lightning strike may have fried my Ethernet connections on almost all my wired devices in my house (Modem, AP, switch, computer, ect..) Tivo is working but obviously no internet connection for now. Has anybody had any luck using a USB wired Ethernet adapter. I know I had one for my series2. I also have a series 3 that I may need to try the same workaround if I can't figure this out.
No chance. Wired to wireless does work with devices like the ASUS EA-N66R, the equivalent from Linksys, and of course the TiVo AN0100. I use the ASUS. I guess you didn't have a UPS? If you did, what kind, since I want to be sure to not buy one. Sorry for your loss.

This is a Roamio thread. Why not use the built-in wireless?

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
crobey

Well I've got a bunch of troubleshooting to do. I would rather not use wireless for the obvious reason of transfer speed.

crobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobey View Post
Well I've got a bunch of troubleshooting to do. I would rather not use wireless for the obvious reason of transfer speed.
My transfer speed is over 90Mbps between a wired Premiere or a wireless PC. Since it's a base Roamio, the Ethernet is only 100Mbps.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote