TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
n0xlf

No Comcast on demand with Mini/BOLT - Error V301

I have 3 minis connected to a BOLT via ethernet and keep getting error V301 for the XFINITY on demand app on the minis. Now, I'm only 3 days past my initial activation of all of these devices, so I understand that could be the issue but wanted to check with others...

The BOLT took a good day for the V301 to go away, but works fine now. I've forced connections to TiVo and rebooted all devices more times than I can count. Everything else on the minis works great (live TV, apps, etc.)

As with many other people, activation of all of this with Comcast was a PITA, so I also wanted to ask people if this could be a Comcast rate code issue, or more likely a TiVo issue. Comcast did add "Tivo Premiere Host" to my account as mentioned in other posts on here.

Talking to the TiVo customer facing people is useless I have found...

n0xlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
n0xlf

Today was the first day that I heard from TiVo that this is a known issue with no ETA to fix. So, does anyone actually have a Mini connected to a Bolt that is working with Comcast on demand? According to TiVo the answer is no, but...

I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through what I've been through over the last 5 days. Time and time again I've heard that it's a switch problem. I understand that they had issues with **certain** switches not linking, but they instantly blame any networking problem on a switch. They went so far today as to tell me that Ethernet is completely unsupported and he didn't even know why it has an Ethernet port because it doesn't work. I've seen so many posts like this, you'd think that TiVo would provide better training to their people at some point. 99% of routers have switches, it's just in the same box...Eeesh...

Old 10-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
jrtroo
User

Interesting. I have been getting the same error on my roamio all weekend. One Comcast CSR indicated there was a national outage on their VOD with Tivo, which I did not believe due to the lack of discussion here. I complained to Comcast leadership and to the FCC on their failure to support cablecards properly.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #4
solutionsetc

Xfinity VOD doesn't work on either Bolt or my Mini (I get a service error "GSM-11"). Many years experience with both TiVo and Comcast has me feeling this is a Comcast issue (It was working previously). Fortunately, it is not a big enough issue for me to pursue it as Xfinity VOD pretty much sucks compared to Netflix or Amazon.

As for TiVo reps, I have never had a tier 1 or even tier 2 know what they are talking about. They have troubleshooting scripts, that's all. You NEED to get to a supervisor.

Last edited by solutionsetc; 10-26-2015 at 05:10 PM.
solutionsetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:02 PM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Interesting. I have been getting the same error on my roamio all weekend. One Comcast CSR indicated there was a national outage on their VOD with Tivo, which I did not believe due to the lack of discussion here. I complained to Comcast leadership and to the FCC on their failure to support cablecards properly.
XOD is working here on my Roamio.

BTW, there is absolutely no FCC regulation that requires them to support VOD on third party devices.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:48 PM   #6
solutionsetc

It appears VOD is not working for other folks as well...

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Video-O...2617826/page/2

solutionsetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #7
n0xlf

Well persistence paid off (hopefully)! I received a call from "Bo" in advanced support after emailing TiVo Margret (hated to do that since I know she has better things to do). He checked with an engineer who said that there are 5 software packages/updates required for VOD to work and that my Bolt had all 5, whereas all of my Minis have 4 of 5. The engineer is going to manually push the 5th to all of the Minis, but they were confident that this will solve it, and I tend to agree.

6 days later, often 8+ hours a day on the phone with Comcast/TiVo and finally...I did mention to Bo that the whole switch thing should be taken out of their support scripts. If someone has a managed switch (like me), hopefully they sort of know what they are doing. If it's a dumb switch and is having link issues, that should be fairly evident by the link lights. Anyway, that's a whole different topic...

Old 10-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #8
n0xlf

Happy to report that this problem is totally fixed! Hope this thread is useful to anyone that ends up in a similar situation.

Thanks For This Post:
Old 10-28-2015, 05:33 AM   #9
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
XOD is working here on my Roamio.

BTW, there is absolutely no FCC regulation that requires them to support VOD on third party devices.
Agreed. My complaint to the FCC is on their support they provided on setting it up in the first place. My irritation with the VOD was just the last straw that gave me the thought to complain about how I was treated on the initial pairing.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #10
Old Hickory

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0xlf View Post
Happy to report that this problem is totally fixed! Hope this thread is useful to anyone that ends up in a similar situation.
It would be helpful if you could post the fix or how to receive the fix so no one has to repeat the steps and hours you went through.

Old Hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #11
randrake

I'm getting this on Roamio Plus and Mini as well.

randrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #12
n0xlf

Well each experience will be unique, but simply getting to advanced support somehow (or asking for Beau if he still works there) and then mentioning that someone else mentioned only having 4 of 5 software components required for VOD causing a similar issue would be a good start.

On a side note, I got another Mini and it did not have this problem. So whether that's account based, or something they fixed globally is hard to say...