TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
whitson77
Director Level

Suits - spoiler discussion about this season

What a freaking joke of a season. Enough with all the betrayals. Every single episode this season, someone betrays someone else. Please get back to cases. This main Ava Hessington arc is out of control. Anyone else annoyed with this?
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
Beryl

This was one of my favorite shows and I still record, watch and store it in my Plex library. However, I'm also a little sick of the betrayals. Mike/Harvey/Jessica/Donna and sometimes Louis are better when they work together against outsiders. A couple of episodes ago, I was hoping Harvey was pretending to betray Jessica as a way to get the Brits out after the firm has stabilized.

I do like Donna's new love interest and Louis' British counterpart though.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
john4200

If this is supposed to be a Season 3 spoiler thread, then it should specify "Season 3" in the subject.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
What a freaking joke of a season. Enough with all the betrayals. Anyone else annoyed with this?
yes - this is a pretty clear example of a GREAT first season TV show with Burn Noticitis - that didn't have a clue what to do with itself and assumed a main plot of Harvey having an enemy trying to take over the firm had to be played out over and over again for the life of the show. WRONG.

the worst part is how they keep having Harvey and Jessica go from partners to enemies within a couple of episodes over and over. zzzzzzzzzz.

i haven't watched this week's episode yet but the mere idea of
Spoiler:
them devoting an episode going back 10 years - do we really need to see Mike Ross as a frat boy pot head whatever wunderkind at whatever age he would have been 10 years ago?
makes me want to hit the fast forward button.

Last edited by Cainebj : 08-21-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: more
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I still like the show. Yeah, I'm not crazy about the plot line, but it kind of reminds me a little of Mad Men. I don't think it's jumped the shark yet, or even gotten close to shark infested waters.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
If this is supposed to be a Season 3 spoiler thread, then it should specify "Season 3" in the subject.
I said "this" season. If that isn't enough for you don't come in the thread and troll. People current on the show know what season I was talking about about.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
Bob Coxner

I've been a big fan since the beginning but after a few episodes this season I've killed the season pass. Sometimes writers just run out of good ideas and start going around in circles. I think they made a mistake in not having Mike working with Louis. Louis has actually become a more interesting character than Harvey.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
I've been a big fan since the beginning but after a few episodes this season I've killed the season pass. Sometimes writers just run out of good ideas and start going around in circles. I think they made a mistake in not having Mike working with Louis. Louis has actually become a more interesting character than Harvey.
I liked the dynamic of Mike and Louis. That was probably the best episode of the season. I also don't like that they went to one case for the whole season, especially since I don't find the case all that interesting.

I think they need to go back to the original premise of Mike not really being a lawyer and doing what he has to hide the secret. Maybe they will address it during the battle for control of the firm and the English partner will find out about Mike and use it as ammo.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

While it's true that this season's plots are not as interesting as last season's, Donna's still there so that makes it must-see TV for me.
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

^^^ sigh.

Anyways....

Is it me or did the writers just discover the word "SugarHoneyIceTea" existed cuz they have been overkilling it almost every episode.

Agree with it having a severe case of "Burn Noticitis™" I used to think Suits was the last must see show on USA. Now... not so much.

(*™Cainebj)

Didn't like the flashbacks. Disliked the Donna/Harvey reveal. Would have been better to keep us wondering. Also Mikes flashback side story with the frat jock(s) feels unresolved.

The whole flashback thing would have been better served if it gave more background to Jessica/Harvey and Harvey/Louis.

Just my $0.02

Still watch for Donna though.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Still going to watch, just for Donna. But I use the FF button a lot with this show.

I also think the episode where Mike and Louis worked together was great, and I wished that had gone on for more than one episode.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
I think they made a mistake in not having Mike working with Louis. Louis has actually become a more interesting character than Harvey.
That is what both my wife and I thought as well. Louis is probably my favorite character now.

ETA:

LOL on the: "Is it me or did the writers just discover the word "SugarHoneyIceTea" existed cuz they have been overkilling it almost every episode."

That Mike and Rachel back and forth a few episodes back was just painful...

Last edited by whitson77 : 08-21-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #13
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, was just thinking the same thing after last night's episode. It's just getting annoying how all they ever do is fight amongst themselves and with the DA; everything's a personal fight. It's hard to believe any client would keep them around for long since they barely do any work anymore. And you'd never know the skills Mike used to be able to get into this position in the first place -- they've basically completely forgotten one of the reasons he can do so well. I could even forgive the Harvey/Jessica arguments and fights if they'd contrast that with shifting towards a positive Mike/Louis or even Mike/Louis/migration-of-Donna-away-from-Harvey plot. Even now there's quite a lot of potential to take this story in interesting directions, but it seems like some "network suit" decided "conflict conflict conflict" is why people watch and forget that even conflict needs to be for intelligent, discernible reasons, not conflict-for-the-sake-of-conflict.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'm still liking the show, but for the first several episodes of the season when at least two of the old gang were fighting amonst themselves, it really felt like they had lost their mojo. I'm not as annoyed if Harvey and Jessica are at odds, because their relationship has always seemed a little strained. But Mike and Rachel and Donna and Harvey need to be getting along for the show to work. And it's better when Louis is a part of the group as well.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
Is it me or did the writers just discover the word "SugarHoneyIceTea" existed cuz they have been overkilling it almost every episode.
They cuss way more on this show than any other non-subscription show I watch. I'm definitely no prude but the flashback episode had so much cussing in it that it took me out of the show because my mind kept going "Another one!" every time somebody cussed. Is there any other non-premium channel show with anywhere near this amount of cuss words?

They totally blew it by not having Mike work for Louis for a while. That would have been interesting and fun. I can't stand Harvey. He's probably the least likable major character on any of the shows I watch. I definitely wouldn't want to be friends with him in real life.

Do law firms just slap a new name on the masthead overnight like they did in this episode. Aren't there other major partners in the firm who should be consulted?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I think the Mike-Rachel bit with the "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" was some sort of homage to the episode of The Wire where two detectives used nothing but the F-word in examining a crime scene. For three solid minutes, IIRC.

(I probably don't recall 100% correctly -- I was reminded about it by a chapter in Alan Sepinwall's "The Revolution Was Televised." Great book.)
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
I think the Mike-Rachel bit with the "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" was some sort of homage to the episode of The Wire where two detectives used nothing but the F-word in examining a crime scene. For three solid minutes, IIRC.
I agree, there is no question this is what they are going for. But it was just poorly done. And the S word was probably used 40 times that episode. It was like cursing for cursing sake.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
Azlen

Did I mishear or did Mike drop the mother of all SugarHoney words in the episode last night?
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
aaronw

I agree, I've gotten so confused as to what the actual case was actually about, and how mike sold out jessica (or was it harvey?) that I'm fairly lost at this point as to what the motivations are.
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Did I mishear or did Mike drop the mother of all SugarHoney words in the episode last night?
I know he said something close to it at least one time. But I thought I did hear the F bomb the second time. But he may have just being saying something really close to yuck.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
Azlen

Quote:
I know he said something close to it at least one time. But I thought I did hear the F bomb the second time. But he may have just being saying something really close to yuck.
When he was quoting Pulp Fiction I thought he said motherf**** but he may have said something like it.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #22
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
While it's true that this season's plots are not as interesting as last season's, Donna's still there so that makes it must-see TV for me.
Quote:
^^^ sigh.

Anyways....

Agree with it having a severe case of "Burn Noticitis™" I used to think Suits was the last must see show on USA. Now... not so much.

(*™Cainebj)

Didn't like the flashbacks. Disliked the Donna/Harvey reveal. Would have been better to keep us wondering. Also Mikes flashback side story with the frat jock(s) feels unresolved.

The whole flashback thing would have been better served if it gave more background to Jessica/Harvey and Harvey/Louis.

Just my $0.02

Still watch for Donna though.
I don't get it. You point up to my post above, say "sigh", then basically agree with me at the end of your post. Why did I earn a "sigh"?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
Cainebj

Quote:
^^^ sigh.

(*™Cainebj)
HA thanks for the trademark.

I think snappa was sighing at Donna.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #24
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
HA thanks for the trademark.

I think snappa was sighing at Donna.
No, he was sighing at a spammer that was in-between your posts. So it was directed at the spammer not you. LOL. But it looks really funny now.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #25
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
No, he was sighing at a spammer that was in-between your posts. So it was directed at the spammer not you. LOL. But it looks really funny now.
Well then...never mind.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Ouch.

Yeah it was for the spammer post that was in between ours. lol.

Was a huge spam block. (never understood that stuff... i can't imagine there are ppl who see that and decide to click on or go to whatever they are selling.)

Back to the show... quick question.... if Rachel goes to any other school besides Harvard she has zero shot on getting a job at the firm right?
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #27
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Harvey's an annoying guy but I wouldn't kick him out of bed. So I'll keep watching regardless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Back to the show... quick question.... if Rachel goes to any other school besides Harvard she has zero shot on getting a job at the firm right?
The firm supposedly has never hired anyone that didn't go to Harvard, but that doesn't mean they couldn't change that policy in the future, or make an exception for their best paralegal turned attorney.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #29
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
The firm supposedly has never hired anyone that didn't go to Harvard, but that doesn't mean they couldn't change that policy in the future, or make an exception for their best paralegal turned attorney.
Especially since she would be likely to have both Harvey's and Louis' support.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #30
Flop

After this season, I have decided the show would be improved immensely if Jessica could just be gone. Oh, and take the Brits with her. I enjoyed the show much more when it was more about Harvey and Mike and their cases rather than who's pissed at who, who stabbed who in the back, who has a big personal grudge, and some season-long never ending convoluted case that I can't even keep track of any more.

Which brings up a point. Why was the oil company CEO being charged in the US in the first place for something that I think happened in a foreign country? Wouldn't that country have to have her extradited to stand trial in their country for violating their laws?
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote