TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
Roveer

What is best deal on lifetime for a roamio + returning customer

I'm an old Series 1 user who had a lifetime sub. I want to get back into Tivo again with a Roamio +. I found a code that took 100 off lifetime but I'm hoping I can find something better.

Are there any codes that would do better than 399 lifetime? How about the ebay auctions?

Thanks,

Roveer
Roveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

When did you buy the Series 1 w/lifetime? If you bought it before January 20, 2000, you can transfer the lifetime service to a new TiVo for free.

Other than that, the ebay discount codes are probably where you will find the best deal. And if you'd rather not deal with the ebay codes, the "PLSR" code you found will also get you $100 off lifetime.

You can also check out the "Roamio Deals" thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...507790&page=48

Some older TiVo customers (over 10 years) have recently reported in that thread about getting a Roamio Plus w/lifetime for $500 when they call and ask for it.

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 11-16-2014 at 07:13 PM.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
Roveer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
When did you buy the Series 1 w/lifetime? If you bought it before January 20, 2000, you can transfer the lifetime service to a new TiVo for free.

Other than that, the ebay discount codes are probably where you will find the best deal. And if you'd rather not deal with the ebay codes, the "PLSR" code you found will also get you $100 off lifetime.

You can also check out the "Roamio Deals" thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...507790&page=48

Some older TiVo customers (over 10 years) have recently reported in that thread about getting a Roamio Plus w/lifetime for $500 when they call and ask for it.
Oh!!!! 7-20-2000 was my activation date. I guess I'll and beg and see what they are willing to give me. Otherwise it's the plsr code that you mentioned and I found earlier.

BTW, what is so special about 1-20-2000 that they would be willing to transfer lifetime service for free? I've never seen that before.

Roveer
Roveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roveer View Post
Oh!!!! 7-20-2000 was my activation date. I guess I'll and beg and see what they are willing to give me. Otherwise it's the plsr code that you mentioned and I found earlier.

BTW, what is so special about 1-20-2000 that they would be willing to transfer lifetime service for free? I've never seen that before.

Roveer
I think that is the date they changed the terms of lifetime service to explicitly state that lifetime service was only for the lifetime of the box, but it never hurts to call and ask if they will let you transfer it for free, or for a small fee. If they won't, you can also ask them about the current deal they seem to be running for subscribers over 10 years for a Roamio Plus w/lifetime for $500.

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 11-16-2014 at 08:54 PM.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote