TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old Today, 02:15 PM   #1
hooper

Roamio Reboots all the time

I just wanted to get folks opinions on what I should do. I bought my Roamio Plus in November and used it without any issues at all on Verizon until May. We moved in May and the box went into storage (in the original packaging) until the beginning of August. I just set it up here on Comcast and it seems to be rebooting every 15-20 minutes or so. I am assuming it is a hard drive issue. Any other thoughts? Any way to troubleshoot further? I am assuming there are no more cable card reboots still happening these days?

If it is the hard drive, do I send it back to Tivo and pay $49 or do I just take the $49 that I will sink into fixing the tivo and buy a new drive?
hooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #2
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooper View Post
I just wanted to get folks opinions on what I should do. I bought my Roamio Plus in November and used it without any issues at all on Verizon until May. We moved in May and the box went into storage (in the original packaging) until the beginning of August. I just set it up here on Comcast and it seems to be rebooting every 15-20 minutes or so. I am assuming it is a hard drive issue. Any other thoughts? Any way to troubleshoot further? I am assuming there are no more cable card reboots still happening these days? If it is the hard drive, do I send it back to Tivo and pay $49 or do I just take the $49 that I will sink into fixing the tivo and buy a new drive?
Did your unit update itself to the new Summer 2014 Update when you put it back into service?
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #3
hooper

It did update itself.
hooper is online now   Reply With Quote