TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
philliesphan

Cisco RNG150N compatible with Tivo Series 2

Hi All,

I did a search and only found 2 threads about the Cisco RNG150N Comcast Cable box. None that helped me. At my business we had a Tivo Premiere HD with a cable card for this Comcast/Cisco box. It was an absolute nightmare to get Comcast to activate a cable card for a business. But they finally did. Officially Comcast is not allowed to use a cable card with a business. Unfortunately the Tivo unit just didn't work well with the cable card. Guide was missing 200 plus channels, couldn't get many channels, etc. It just didn't work.

So I ditched the cable card and now have a RNG150N Comcast cable box. I know it won't work with my HD Premiere Tivo which requires a cable card, but can I connect an older Tivo Series 2 SD single tuner DVR to this HD box and make it work? I don't care about HD. I'm fine with recording SD. I see no serial port on the RNG150N. Can I simply use the composite video/audio outputs on the RNG150N into the Tivo Series 2 and use an IR Blaster to change channels and all will be good?

Again I tried searching but found nothing on this box working with an older Tivo Series 2 Single Tuner.

Thanks in advance.
philliesphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #2
cannonz

As long as the IR code for the RNG150 is in the tivos library will work, I would assume it is. You might even be able to use one of these says will support the 200 model might do the 150 too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tivo-IR-Blas...item4aa489f254
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote