TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
stuartbrainerd

Ongoing issues with Roamio Plus wireless

My home network consists of a couple of Ruckus Zoneflex 7982 802.11n access points with an enterprise firewall sitting in front of a Comcast modem. I have three TiVo units and been using TiVo for many years and have never had any wireless issues - until I bought the Roamio Plus. Strangely the basic Roamio unit i also bought is having no connection issues.

After a reboot of the Roamio Plus everything works fine, and the wireless connection comes right up. After a few hours, however, the connection appears to fail and I get the dreaded message that the router has failed or the router is not reachable. I tried moving to a static IP address but this did not resolve the issue. The only reliable resolution to this problem is a reboot of the unit.

I opened a case with TiVo support weeks ago but there has been no resolution. I realize I could buy the old style TiVo 802.11n adapter which connects to the Ethernet port however I have been hoping that this would not be needed.

Currently running software version 20.3.7.1a-USA-6-848

Thanks for any suggestions.
stuartbrainerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try adding DNS and Gateway servers to the IP address of your router.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
jbarrbbn

Tivo Roamio + Ruckus

Did you ever find the answer to the issue of your Tivo Roamio working with your Ruckus APs?

My first guess is that the Tivo WiFi adapter might not support 802.11h channel switch announcements, which are part of Ruckus' automatic channel selection process.

Try fixing your Ruckus APs to specific channels (each AP on a different channel), but make sure they aren't running in auto. This shouldn't be necessary, but it's a good thing to try.
jbarrbbn is offline   Reply With Quote