TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
mleighty
Gump

Add another Roamio?

I have had a Roamio Basic and 2 Mini's now for about 6 months. I bought the Basic model because at time I had an antenna and wanting the OTA DVR. Well, my family liked the Tivo so much I added a cable card with my local provider, New Wave Communications, and have been very happy ever since...

Only problem, I need more tuners. The 4 in the Basic just are not enough. I thought about replacing the Basic with a Pro. If I do that, will the cable company have to "marry" cable card to the new Roamio Pro? Or can I simply swap it from the Basic to the Pro and be on my way?

What about adding a Pro to my setup? Would that give me 10 tuners? How would this work with my Mini's. Would they "see" both Roamios under "My Shows? Which Roamio would they record to?

Sorry for all the questions...just trying to figure out the best way to get more tuners.
mleighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
AdamNJ

The card in your basic could be used with the plus/pro...but it will have to be re-paired.

If you add another roamio, you will need another cablecard (and you might be paying a fee for that to the cableco). If you added a pro, that would give you a total of 10 possible recordings/viewing at once. However, you can't say setup all the season passes on one box and expect the secondary to start working when the 7th recording is needed. The recording setup/to-do is independent.

You can assign the mini's to the main dvr of your choosing (anything you setup to record would be set on that particular box).

Yes you can access recordings from either tivo box; however, I don't think you will get one complete list of all recording. You will have the list from that associated box, and then I believe you will get a link at the bottom to bring up the other box's list.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote