TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
y2jdmbfan

Shipping Charges on Tivo.com ridiculous!

They want $60 for 2-Day and over $135 for Next Day to IL Chicago suburb...Give me a break and you have to pay tax. Free shipping is 5-7 days delivery time...

Y2J
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
bayern_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
They want $60 for 2-Day and over $135 for Next Day to IL Chicago suburb...Give me a break and you have to pay tax. Free shipping is 5-7 days delivery time...

Y2J
Why not order using Amazon Prime?
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Just gett free shipping and it costs zero. Shipping from TiVo has alwys been high to receive it within a day or two. Although the free shipping only takes a few days depending on where you live. I live in teh DC area and I think it took only three days the last time I had a box shipped from TiVo with free shipping.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Lars_J

Quote:

Y2J
Don't you have a Best Buy near you? They should be getting them soon, I would think. No shipping. No delivery wait.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
y2jdmbfan

I missed out on the Pro units from Amazon...I have Prime, so I would have definitely just snapped one up from them. Might just wait for Best Buy now...
Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Any boxes I ever ordered from TiVo have shipped out of Texas, and made it to the Northeast in 3 to 4 business days. That's pretty awesome IMO. Especially for free shipping.
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

The only option I had when I ordered mine this morning was $5 for 2 day.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosik77 View Post
The only option I had when I ordered mine this morning was $5 for 2 day.
Double-check that order in your account. Did it stick? Because with the first order I placed, I saw the $5 offer, but then it magically changed to $96 after checkout, which I had to promptly cancel. The second order attempt had the correct prices.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
monkeydust

They said the shipping cost that shows on your order is incorrect. I called earlier to cancel my order when I saw Amazon had them and that is what they told me. I still saved over $60 on Amazon by not having to pay tax though.
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

Ya now that I go back and look it's 59.71. On the phone now getting it fixed.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
trip1eX

Quote:

Y2J
They ain't Amazon. They don't have warehouses full of slaves working 24/7.

And all they ship are Tivos. I would expect shipping to be higher.

But then again they don't have the middleman either.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
JohnnyO
Crimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
Double-check that order in your account. Did it stick? Because with the first order I placed, I saw the $5 offer, but then it magically changed to $96 after checkout, which I had to promptly cancel. The second order attempt had the correct prices.
I'm glad I saw this note. I thought I had selected $5 shipping, but I got hit with the $60+ shipping. I phoned in, and had to cancel the original order and re-create the order on the phone.

John
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
mcf57

Wink good things come to those who wait

Quote:

Y2J
Just go with Amazon's free 5-7 days shipping. Is 5 days REALLY that bad to wait? I mean, an additional 3 days to get it is not a big deal if you ask me. Besides, we've been waiting this long for these new TiVo Roamios so what is a few more days anyway?

As much as I love my TiVos, TV shouldn't be THAT important. And as the saying goes anyway... "all good things come to those who wait"
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
y2jdmbfan

My Roamio Pro from Amazon.com just shipped! I have Prime, so it was 3.99 for overnight shipping, no tax. I ordered it shortly after I posted the original post in this thread and figured I could wait a week or two for it...
Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
nandopr

Shipping Charges on Tivo.com ridiculous!

Quote:
My Roamio Pro from Amazon.com just shipped! I have Prime, so it was 3.99 for overnight shipping, no tax. I ordered it shortly after I posted the original post in this thread and figured I could wait a week or two for it...
Hello. Just out curiosity, can you please tell when did you place your order? I ordered mine 8/20. Still waiting. Thanks.
nandopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
jcthorne

I ordered my Roamio 8/20 about mid day with 2nd day Prime shipping. Got it yesterday since it shipped from a Texas warehouse.

They still show stock on the base units. Pros have been sold out since early Tues.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
nandopr

Thank you for the information. I hope I will get it tomorrow. After that I know I will have a hard time trying to find someone that will know how to un-pair the cable card from the old premiere to the new Romeo.

My cable company in Orlando is Brighthouse Networks. They are always polite but hardly know about cable cards. Last time they deactivated my two tivos cable cards and it was a pain to activated back.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandopr View Post
Thank you for the information. I hope I will get it tomorrow. After that I know I will have a hard time trying to find someone that will know how to un-pair the cable card from the old premiere to the new Romeo.

My cable company in Orlando is Brighthouse Networks. They are always polite but hardly know about cable cards. Last time they deactivated my two tivos cable cards and it was a pain to activated back.
I don't know why you have to unpair a CC. I had to replace a CC on my Premiere XL, and I did not have to have Comcast pair the new card.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
y2jdmbfan

Quote:
Hello. Just out curiosity, can you please tell when did you place your order? I ordered mine 8/20. Still waiting. Thanks.
Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
nandopr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
I don't know why you have to unpair a CC. I had to replace a CC on my Premiere XL, and I did not have to have Comcast pair the new card.
Hello

Did you have only basic channels only and no tuner adapter? Just curious.

Don't know the reason why but one year ago when I exchanged a damaged tivo for a working one the basic channels did work without calling the cable company. The premium channels (HBO) did not.

I understand they need to pair the unique host id number with the cable card. Maybe I am wrong.

But will try to see without calling them to see if I get lucky.

Regards.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
nandopr

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
brianric

Quote:
Hello

Did you have only basic channels only and no tuner adapter? Just curious.

Don't know the reason why but one year ago when I exchanged a damaged tivo for a working one the basic channels did work without calling the cable company. The premium channels (HBO) did not.

I understand they need to pair the unique host id number with the cable card. Maybe I am wrong.

But will try to see without calling them to see if I get lucky.

Regards.
Basic plus Digital Starter package from Comcast. Looking at getting HBO and Showtime once my Pro is setup. You were replacing a Tivo, I was replacing the CC on my XL2.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

After I ordered mine(free shipping) I called to bump up shipping to 2day air and was told after the order is in the system it cant be changed but the rep told me would try to see what he could do. I asked if he needed my credit card and he said no. But he could not make any promises. I was thinking I was still on the 5 to 7 day list. But I got my shipping notice yesterday and tracking number and BAM 2 day air. I checked my tracking today and it will be here tomorrow I'm calling in sick (cough) (cough) tomorrow I pick up my new multi stream card today on my lunch break. Bring on the good times
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #24
cyberbeach
Mere member

I ordered from Weaknees on Tuesday because they showed they had it in stock.

On Wednesday I got an email with a title of "Your order (etc.)" which I didn't read.

Today I decided to go to that email and click the "tracking" link to see how far it had gotten.

The email was however a message that "our fraud alert system has flagged your order - call us". I think they should have called me, not sent an email. I use that credit card to ship to that address all the time - it's a valid shipping address for the credit card. I think I have bought stuff from Weaknees back to 99 as I recall, and about a year ago most recently, and over the years as well.

And then another email - your Tivo is on backorder, we HOPE to get stock next week.

Flagging the order for fraud, emailing instead of calling, and claiming to have stock when they don't - that's 3 strikes for this order. I love Weaknees but they royally screwed up on this one. But see EDIT below...

If I had ordered from Amazon, it would have shipped today - now they are quoting August 30th on Amazon.

If I order from Tivo, will they ship tomorrow? Any way of knowing if they have them to ship? If so, I'll cancel the Weaknees order.

Weaknees really put me in a jam, because I have an XL4 that has to be returned to Amazon by August 31st or never.

EDIT: Heard from Weaknees - apparently it's my fault - user error. The billing address they got was the same as the shipping address, which is not the address on the card, and no credit card company is going to authorize a charge without the billing address.

What happened was Weaknees sent an invoice, which I interpreted as a confirmation, followed 12 minutes later by the fraud alert/order needs attention email.

So my apologies to Weaknees.

Unfortunately, in the intervening time the stock did run out, which is understandable, so in the end I will order from Tivo tonight, because I'm in a rush to get it, test it out, and return the XL4.

WIRED .... 2013 RoPro, Minis (FIOS)
RETIRED . 2012 XL4'S, STREAMS, 2009 HD XL's, 2007 HR10-250's, 2002 SAT T60's, 1996 SAT A1's
DESIRED . 2020 Tivo 32K 96fps 3D Holodecks (Verizon-WarnerCast)

Last edited by cyberbeach : 08-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.
cyberbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #25
TC25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeach View Post
If I order from Tivo, will they ship tomorrow? Any way of knowing if they have them to ship? If so, I'll cancel the Weaknees order.
I ordered from TiVo last night, shipped today, arriving next Tues via UPS. Used free shipping.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #26
cyberbeach
Mere member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC25D View Post
I ordered from TiVo last night, shipped today, arriving next Tues via UPS. Used free shipping.
Thanks for the info. I just did the same.

This get-it-now game is tricky. By mis-entering the order at Weaknees, I lost out on getting shipped from inventory. So I had to order from Tivo and pay 60 more.

Then I go to check on my order for the two minis at Amazon, and find I never clicked the final Place Order button, so the minis are still sitting in my cart. Okay. I go to check out, and now they say "may take an extra 1-2 days". Alright, no problem... but then on the final summary page before "place your order", it says the expected delivery date is September 10-11. That's more than 1-2 extra days. So I cancelled the Amazon order and ordered from Tivo - at list price.

Normally I only play this game for the latest iPhone

WIRED .... 2013 RoPro, Minis (FIOS)
RETIRED . 2012 XL4'S, STREAMS, 2009 HD XL's, 2007 HR10-250's, 2002 SAT T60's, 1996 SAT A1's
DESIRED . 2020 Tivo 32K 96fps 3D Holodecks (Verizon-WarnerCast)
cyberbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #27
grey ghost

I got mine straight from Tivo. Ordered it at 1 Wed. morning and it's arriving tomorrow. I used the free shipping, so I'm very pleased I didn't spend the extra money for 2 day delivery.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #28
HarperVision

Check here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=507838

Discounted pricing and cheap shipping.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #29
ggieseke

The last one I bought directly (a 649) made it from Dallas to my doorstep in Houston in one day with free shipping.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #30
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

08/23/2013 4:56 A.M. Out For Delivery
I will be sitting on my front pourch
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote