TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: will the dynamic tuner situation be availble for minis
Yes, it will be worked out for 4-tuner Premieres and Series 5s when the new line arrives 23 60.53%
no, it will still require a dedicated tuner for all TiVos 2 5.26%
sort of; will be dynamic on the Series 5 and still fixed on the series 4 Premieres 6 15.79%
Will be another few more months before ANY hardware gets this update/option 6 15.79%
won't happen at all & Minis will always require a dedicated tuner on any TiVo 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
buscuitboy

Cool Will the minis FINALLY get the dynamic tuning option this fall?

As they have rumored to be doing, does anybody think they will FINALLY have the dynamic tuner situation worked out for the minis when the Series 5s TiVos come out soon here?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
davezatz
Funkadelic

All signs point to Mini dynamic tuning hitting within the next 8 weeks for 4- and 6-tuner Premiere/Roamio hardware (which share many software elements, revisions). Unfortunately, Minis will still need to be assigned a single source hub DVR. So if you have two Premieres, for example, the Mini won't combine the pool of tuners. Also, if you are watching TV show ASDF on a Premiere in Room 1 and you also want to watch it in Room 2 on a Mini, the tuner isn't shared and two Premiere tuners would be required. But that shouldn't be a problem most of the time I'd think.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

This should be moved to the Mini forum.
Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
buscuitboy

I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, but I was thinking it would be great if they made the new TiVos with the option/ability to take TWO M-cards and therefore have access to up to 12 tuners (6 on each cable card). You can still only put one M-card in for 6 tuners if you want at first (that is probably enough for most people). Having the ability to expand & have a lot more tuners & minis on a network would be nice. Now THAT would be a DVR hub. Maybe this will arrive in 2017

Last edited by buscuitboy : 08-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, but I was thinking it would be great if they made the new TiVos with the option/ability to take TWO M-cards and therefore have access to up to 12 tuners (6 on each cable card). You can still only put one M-card in for 6 tuners if you want at first (that is probably enough for most people). Having the ability to have a lot more tuners & minis on a network would be nice. Now THAT would be a DVR hub. Maybe this will arrive in 2017
My god man! What are you wanting, TiVo for a hotel or apartment house?
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
buscuitboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
My god man! What are you wanting, TiVo for a hotel or apartment house?
Yea, maybe I want to convert my basement into a "public housing facility"
Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
buscuitboy

Exclamation

looks like even though choice #1 was the overwhelming winner in votes, #3 is the REALITY. Too bad. Since they went on sale, I actually have a 4-tuner Premiere on the way and while I personally don't have a need for a mini right now, I also have a bad feeling the DTA won't be available for these units. Too bad, so sad
Old 08-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
looks like even though choice #1 was the overwhelming winner in votes, #3 is the REALITY. Too bad. Since they went on sale, I actually have a 4-tuner Premiere on the way and while I personally don't have a need for a mini right now, I also have a bad feeling the DTA won't be available for these units. Too bad, so sad
Incorrect. See other thread.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
DTA is still coming for Premiere units. It's available now on the Roamio, but will be coming via a software update to 4 tuner Premieres this Fall.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
buscuitboy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
DTA is still coming for Premiere units. It's available now on the Roamio, but will be coming via a software update to 4 tuner Premieres this Fall.
As with ALL things related to TiVo.... "I'll beleive it when I see it"