TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central > Buyer/Seller Area
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

WTB: Original Premiere TCD746320 or TCD746500

I'm in the market for an original Premiere 2-tuner w/OTA.

Either the 320GB TCD746320, or the 500GB TCD746500.

I would like New In Box, or Never Used, preferably one that hasn't been sitting around for years, but may consider that as well.

I just want it for parts, and a never-booted drive.

Best Buy and Amazon have the 500GB for $99.

Anybody have one they can sell for less?
Old 08-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Why do you need a never booted drive? You know you can do a Clear & Delete Everything and restore it to factory default right?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Why do you need a never booted drive? You know you can do a Clear & Delete Everything and restore it to factory default right?
Part of the DvrBARS project, by ggieseke. We are looking for "virgin" drive images. A C&DE doesn't zero-out the areas that were changed, thus increasing the size of the backup image. If a drive is written full, then a C&DE done, it would back up every sector. On a virgin drive, it would only back up what the factory image was, and skip the rest.

EDIT/ADD: What I want for myself, is just a "parts source". A "virgin" drive is just icing on the cake. As far as parts, sometimes it's easier to get them from a spare new unit than to source them.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 08-18-2013 at 02:14 PM.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Ahhh.... I'd say keep an eye on the TiVo clearance section. They've had refurbs as low as $40 in the past.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote