TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
mcf57

Question tranferrable TiVo warranty?

I got a 2-tuner TiVo Premiere from Best Buy back in 2012. I also wound up getting their 4yr extended warranty (since it was a better deal than TiVos extended warranty at $19.99). I even lifetimed it with TiVo as well.

I am now thinking of maybe replacing it with a 4-tuner Premiere. Since this 2-tuner Premiere is lifetimed and has value, I am looking to possibly sell it on ebay or Craigslist. Technically, there is about 2.5yrs left on the Geek Squad warranty. Is this transferable to the new user?

If so, how as I don't remember them taking any kind of specific information off the TiVo and simply just "adding" it to my online Best Buy account. What should I do here to maybe be able to transfer the warranty (& use this to help sell it).

Last edited by mcf57 : 08-15-2013 at 08:19 AM.
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
socrplyr

http://www.geeksquad.com/protection-...onditions.aspx
From both of the plans valid in 2012:
Quote:
This Plan is transferable to another owner for the product identified by the serial number on this Plan. There are no restrictions to transfer your Plan provided your Plan is valid. There are no charges to transfer this Plan. The original purchase receipts, as well as any service repair receipts or exchange receipts, must be transferred to the new owner. Call 1-800-GEEKSQUAD or visit your nearest Best Buy store.
Note: Unless you are trying to take advantage of the cheaper prices on the Premieres (currently discounted heavily), the next generation Tivos will be coming out shortly (probably before October).
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
mcf57

Yea, I am aware that the new line of TiVos will be out soon, but the heavy discount I am seeing on the 4-tuner Premieres ($164 at Amazon) is the real motivation here. I may wait to see what the new line offers though. will see, but its good to know the GeekSquad warranty is transferrable.
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcf57 View Post
Yea, I am aware that the new line of TiVos will be out soon, but the heavy discount I am seeing on the 4-tuner Premieres ($164 at Amazon) is the real motivation here. I may wait to see what the new line offers though. will see, but its good to know the GeekSquad warranty is transferrable.
Amazon price is now 11:40am EDT $153 with Prime

Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
waterchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Amazon price is now 11:40am EDT $153 with Prime
fwiw, it's $153 + free shipping even if you don't have Prime.
waterchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterchange View Post
fwiw, it's $153 + free shipping even if you don't have Prime.
Dropping faster and faster. Thanks for the heads up.
stack is offline   Reply With Quote