TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
skierrob

channel listing issue

Charter in my area added CMT HD recently. Still not listed in zap2it after about a month, which means no guide data in Tivo.

Submitted a channel lineup issue form with Tivo and also emailed zap2it.

Get the response back "Your cable tv provider has confirmed that the current lineup is correct and that no changes are required."

So still no listings in zap2it or Tivo.

Any ideas where to go from here? Also due to this issue I'm getting a bit concerned because Charter is doing a complete remap of channels and adding about 50 new channels in about three weeks and I don't want to be without proper guide data for months before Charter and Tivo get their act together.
skierrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierrob View Post
Charter in my area added CMT HD recently. Still not listed in zap2it after about a month, which means no guide data in Tivo.

Get the response back "Your cable tv provider has confirmed that the current lineup is correct and that no changes are required."

Any ideas where to go from here? Also due to this issue I'm getting a bit concerned because Charter is doing a complete remap of channels and adding about 50 new channels in about three weeks and I don't want to be without proper guide data for months before Charter and Tivo get their act together.
Where are you? I have Charter in Riverside, CA and they are spotty about letting Tribune know about lineup changes- yes, it is up to the cable company to notify. Tribune/TiVo can only go by what the cable company tells them. Sometimes Charter tells them about a lineup change (and I get the notification from TiVo) and sometimes they don't. I suppose it is possible that the company notifies Tribune, but Tribune is remiss in making the change.

I presume that Charter would notify about a huge change that you say is coming up.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Jed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierrob View Post

Use Zap2It and find the PDF or print version of your channel line up on your cable companies web site. Copy and paste the web address in the comments section along with brief explanation of the channel changes. If there is a lot of changes just say that in your explanation. This way Tribune doesn't have to contact your provider with the information.
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...9403.htmlstory
Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
skierrob

I'm in Long Beach -- we along with Glendale and Burbank are getting some big channel lineup changes in the next few weeks. They are going "all digital" here and killing all the analog channels.
skierrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
ecr80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
Use Zap2It and find the PDF or print version of your channel line up on your cable companies web site. Copy and paste the web address in the comments section along with brief explanation of the channel changes. If there is a lot of changes just say that in your explanation. This way Tribune doesn't have to contact your provider with the information.
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...9403.htmlstory
just did this, hopefully they update quickly. thanks!
ecr80 is offline   Reply With Quote