TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
SkyeSurfer

TiVo Premiere deletes recent "Keep Until I Delete" recordings for space

I'm having a weird issue with my TiVo Premiere, and I was hoping someone here could help me...

On my old Series 2, when I had recorded too many shows (all set to "Keep Until I Delete"), the TiVo would display that it was 100% full and not record anything until I deleted some shows to make space. This was the behavior I expected from my Premiere.

Unfortunately, what my Premiere does is get to 98%, then starts deleting things, usually the most recent recordings. I taped two of my favorite shows on Monday, Tuesday night I sat down to watch them and they weren't there. The history shows that they were deleted to make space, even though the Season Passes for the shows are set to Keep Until I Delete. (As a bonus, the episodes were deleted to make room for shows much lower on the Season Pass priority list.)

Why would my Premiere delete things marked "Keep Until I Delete" to make space? And why would it delete the most recent shows instead of deleting the oldest?

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can make it stop? Is there any way to make it so that Premieres go to 100% and then stop recording like the older models?

Thanks!
SkyeSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeSurfer View Post
Does anyone know why this happens and how I can make it stop?
It shouldn't happen at all if you've got them tagged as "Keep until I delete." If you have lots of shows flagged in this manner the I would suggest upgrading to a larger hard drive or stop marking shows as "Keep until I delete." You could also try transferring shows to your PC and archiving them if you don't want them deleted.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
SkyeSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
If you have lots of shows flagged in this manner the I would suggest upgrading to a larger hard drive or stop marking shows as "Keep until I delete."
I want my Premiere to stop recording when it has no space instead of deleting what's on the hard drive. If I stop marking shows as "Keep until I delete", this will have the opposite effect.

Since this behavior only occurs when TiVo is full or near-full, obviously upgrading the hard drive or transferring some recordings to my PC would act as a temporary fix, but I was hoping for a more permanent solution.
SkyeSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote