TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Agatha Mystery

Rookie Blue 2013 Season thread (spoilers)

Since the other thread was prior to the show starting (and said spoilers "maybe"), I figured starting a new thread. We didn't get a lot of episode threads last summer, so I figured a season long thread would probably be appropriate.

So, first episode is done.

That was a quick end to the undercover assignment. I understand why they did it, writers wise, so we don't have to deal with separate goings on. It didn't surprise me that Swarek found a new girl. He's not over Andy, though. They way he looked at her when she came out of the truck tells you it isn't over. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I didn't recall Swarek becoming a detective. Did that happen when Jerry died? If so, why would he have seniority over Nash? She's been a detective longer.

And Nick 'shooting' Andy? Yeah, that's gotta go over well. Anyone know about glocks? Is what Nick said true?

Speaking of detectives - where's Callahan? He convinced Andy to go off on the task force. We didn't see him at all in the season opener. I saw him on the 2 hour finale of Criminal Minds. I wonder if he's moved shows, or if that is going to just be a one-off. About the Criminal Minds episode -
Spoiler:
He played Hotch's brother, Sean Hotchner, who was sent off to jail at the end of the episode - plenty of time to not worry about having him on the show, but it could be a short prison sentence

As far as Andy/Swarek - he said he loved her and wanted to get back together, and then she left. He never really ended that relationship. Officer Cruz is in for a rude awakening. Yes, he may think it's over, but with his reactions, you know it isn't. It obviously isn't for Andy. I wonder how Andy and Nick are going to be. They had to play boyfriend/girlfriend, and were obviously keeping that separate while they were in their apartment (taking turns on the sofa), but they are going to be close (even with him 'shooting' her) after depending on each other during that time. Gail is going to have issues with that, I bet.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
I didn't recall Swarek becoming a detective. Did that happen when Jerry died? If so, why would he have seniority over Nash? She's been a detective longer.
IIRC, Swarek was a detective on an undercover gig at the series premier. He was given a beat assignment to be a training officer, and apparently went back to being a detective during the hiatus. Nash was still a probationary detective when Jerry died.

Quote:
And Nick 'shooting' Andy? Yeah, that's gotta go over well. Anyone know about glocks? Is what Nick said true?
Yes, and no. Yes, for semi-auto pistols in general, the extractor can be used as a loaded chamber indicator (LCI), and can sometimes stick out a bit. I've never fingered a Gen4 Glock extractor while loaded, but considering the Gen4 Glocks will never be on the California "Safe pistols" roster due to a lack of an LCI, and Glock stating they will never put an LCI on it makes it unlikely to be a visible LCI.

However, those that have Gen4 Glocks (very few Californians) report that the extractor does stick out enough to feel if you run your finger across it. The Gen3 Glocks I've fingered I really couldn't feel the difference. The Gen4 extractor is more of a "touch" LCI then a "see" LCI, but it's still not enough to forgo a press-check.

And oh, holy cats! Did they dress up Peregrym nicely this episode or what?

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
Agatha Mystery

Swarek was undercover, but was he an undercover detective? I'm not so sure of that. Andy was undercover over the "break", but she wasn't a detective.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Quote:
Swarek was undercover, but was he an undercover detective? I'm not so sure of that. Andy was undercover over the "break", but she wasn't a detective.
The forums at Television Without Pity (and other TV recaps) implies he was an undercover detective in the premiere.

It could also be since he was older, Nash/Swarek could pull off the call center "sure, you can talk to my supervisor" while transferring the call to the next cube over.

--Carlos V.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Agatha Mystery

Yeah, but if he were an undercover detective, there was no reason to bust him back to uniform. He'd stay in the detective division. The only reason to send him to uniform/patrol is if he got into trouble (and I don't remember that he did).

But the call center thing makes complete sense.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Glad to see this back again! Not a lot to add for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Yeah, but if he were an undercover detective, there was no reason to bust him back to uniform. He'd stay in the detective division. The only reason to send him to uniform/patrol is if he got into trouble (and I don't remember that he did).
IIRC, his cover was blown by McNally in the first episode and he wasn't useful in U.C .anymore.
I'm guessing that they placed him where ever they could and that was as a T.O.

I suppose he could have even requested it as "payback".

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Agatha Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
IIRC, his cover was blown by McNally in the first episode and he wasn't useful in U.C .anymore.
I'm guessing that they placed him where ever they could and that was as a T.O.

I suppose he could have even requested it as "payback".
You can be a detective without being UC. My point is that he wasn't a detective when he was UC, so that happened in the break.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #9
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
You can be a detective without being UC. My point is that he wasn't a detective when he was UC, so that happened in the break.
Well, my point was he could have been a detective in the first episode but they didn't have another detective spot for him, hence the Training Officer gig.

Or he could have requested the T.O. slot as we all know, he was in wuuuvvvv with Andi.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I thought, and I can't remember, was that after his undercover was blown during the first season he got demoted for some reason, and wound up back in uniform for awhile.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Agatha Mystery

So second episode.

I was right. Swarek is newly promoted according to guide data.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

One minor nit I've always had about the show is, while I don't mind the eye candy, except for 2 or 3 of them, everybody on the show is way too pretty/handsome to be a typical police officer.

--Carlos V.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
Agatha Mystery

We've been letting this thread lapse. I guess not many people are watching. There was a big gap, though, in shows, so it isn't surprising.

Dov has an irritating coworker who he is attracted to. She's annoying, was a partial stalker, and now he can't decide if he wants her. I think he finds her sexy but just can't get past her attitude. Dude needs to get laid.

Ruiz is bipolar and on medication. Yeah, that's a good idea for a cop. I can't believe that Andy is covering for her. It makes absolutely no sense.

I doubt that Andy and Nick could "go home on weekends". I think the detective was spinning her up. The question is why? Of course, Gail takes him home? Rather than talk to Nick about it, she's just driving the 2 of them together. It makes sense that they'd be close after being in danger for 6 months with nothing but each other to rely on. Gail's insecurities got the better of her on this one.

Now Chris is gone. I wonder if the actor wanted out of the series, or if this is just a plot point. I think he impressed Oliver with how much better a cop that he has become over the last few years.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
One minor nit I've always had about the show is, while I don't mind the eye candy, except for 2 or 3 of them, everybody on the show is way too pretty/handsome to be a typical police officer.

--Carlos V.
I always thought this too. But, it IS TV, and the pretty/handsome is what attracts most of us to the show I imagine. I'm not a cop show fan, but I watch this, because I always enjoyed watching Missy when she was on Reaper
Old 07-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
Agatha Mystery

So, new boyfriend potential. Andy and Nick might hook up since Gail let the cat out of the bag, although I don't think Andy sees him that way. Tracy and Gail's brother will be an interesting combo. Obviously they have him smitten with her.

Andy is going to move into some relationship soon and Sam is going to have issues with it, causing Ruiz to bail. That's my future prediction.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
super dave
Upgrade Willy

Peck and Nick split so quick, sure she slept with someone else and is made to be the bad guy, but there wasn't any real emotional connection. Nick on the other hand wanted to spend time with another female, which was worse. He had an emotional friend that he chose over his real girlfriend, yet they place the blame on Peck, not cool.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
JYoung
Series 3

I've never seen Gail be this stupid before.

Yes, she's quick tempered and sometimes makes snap judgements but I've never seen her be this blatantly stupid before.

And she can't got back to Chris because he's gone.

And Andi could always hook up with Luke again.

"I aim to misbehave"