TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #1
atmuscarella

Win 10 & TiVo Desktop

Hello all,

I bought a new laptop (got a Dell Inspiron 15 i15547-5033sLV Signature Edition from Microsoft for $400 on a black Friday deal) and decided to put Windows 10 Technical Preview on it.

Everything seems to be working fine except Bluetooth (my Motorola bluetooth mouse does not work under Win 10 but did work fine under Win 8.1).

I have installed the last free version of TiVo Desktop and transfered some shows and it seems to work fine and the videos seem to be playing correctly. I do use Ninite.com to install and maintain software and did install the K-Lite Codecs they have available along with dozen or so other programs.

So it looks like TiVo Desktop and Win 10 will play nice. To bad TiVo doesn't update the software so users could stream shows from their TiVos to their computers for those that have download restrictions. I have multiple computers running TiVo desktop and I can stream downloaded shows between the computers so it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to also stream from my TiVos.

So far Win 10 also seems pretty clean and runs well on my laptop. I also have a HDHomeRun OTA network tuner and that works fine in Win 10 also - but no media center.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #2
worachj

Good to know, thanks for reporting your findings! How does it work pulling shows from the PC using desktop server?

Off topic: I hate the Metro interface on Desktop Win 8 and I ignore it completely by using the 'Class Shell' add-on. Is the Metro interface still the controlling interface on Win 10?