TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
MsUnderstood

moca install trouble

I'm trying to install moca on my DSL from AT%T. I have the POE filter on at the box incoming cable just before a 3 splitter coming into the house.

plugged the WAN into the modem/router (it is an actiontec GT784wn) plugged the router to the actiontec Moca adapter, plugged the coax cable from the wall to the actiontec moca adapter and then into the tivo.

I still get cable (noticed its a little slower to come in) on both TVS

In the other room is my premier 4 and it is not detecting moca.

The COAX light is not showing on the MOCA adapter. Power and ethernet are green. How do I troubleshoot from here? is my modem/router compatible? do I need to enable something?

THanks!
MsUnderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
jcthorne

The TiVo behind the moca adaptor will not see the moca network. It sounds like the moca signal needs to travel through the splitter outside your home to get to the TiVo in the other room. Does that splitter pass signals up to 1.2Ghz? many do not.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
lpwcomp

What exactly do you mean by "plugged the coax cable from the wall to the actiontec moca adapter and then into the tivo."?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
MsUnderstood

Hello again lpwcomp! I rec'd the moca adapter and contacted actiontec for troublshooting. Evidently these are plug and play. My coax light should have lit up.

The had me do a "loop test" where I put one coax cable on both ends and the coax did not light up. Then they had me do a hard reset (hold reset in for 20 seconds) and the power light did not recycle so actiontec (and later tivo) decided the adapter is defective and are sending me a new one. I'll have to try the moca network again next week.

what I meant was the coax cable went from the wall to the adapter to my tivo 3 (so that the tivo could still get cable signal). then I went downstairs and verified moca is enabled but the tivo premiere 4 could not see the moca network.
MsUnderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsUnderstood View Post
what I meant was the coax cable went from the wall to the adapter to my tivo 3 (so that the tivo could still get cable signal). then I went downstairs and verified moca is enabled but the tivo premiere 4 could not see the moca network.
Ah, OK. So the Series 3 TiVo is co-located with the router and you are using the RF passthru on the adapter to connect the TiVo to the cable.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote