TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
gweempose

Big Brother - 8/21/13

Was anyone actually fooled into believing that Aaryn was going to put Amanda up instead of Spencer? I sure wasn't. It's so funny how everyone in the house is truly afraid of Amanda. That being said, I do think Aaryn made the right choice. She has a much better chance beating Amanda at the end than Helen. It will be interesting to see who gets to come back into the game. I doubt they'll be able to make much of an impact at this point, but you never know.
(3) Minis

Last edited by gweempose : 08-21-2013 at 11:09 PM.
gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
Ment

Andy's ability to access his emotions on cue is a dastardly ability, too late for Helen to recognize. Love that Elissa had no care for life and limb and almost gave him a concussion, guess yoga is good for something.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Was anyone actually fooled into believing that Aaryn was going to put Amanda up instead of Spencer? I sure wasn't. It's so funny how everyone in the house is truly afraid of Amanda. That being said, I do think Aaryn made the right choice. She has a much better chance beating Amanda at the end than Helen.
But she has a much worse chance of getting to the finals if Amanda and McRae are still in the house. The best move is to break up that duo.

With as many comps as Aaryn has won, she has to be the most spinless player ever. She hasn't made one decision of her own with her HoH's. It makes me sick to hear her say "sorry, this isn't my nomination choice...I'm being force to do this by the house".

I don't know that Aaryn (or anyone else) would stand a better chance of beating Amanda at the end than Helen. The fact that everyone is much more afraid of Amanda tells me they think she is a bigger threat.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
But she has a much worse chance of getting to the finals if Amanda and McRae are still in the house. The best move is to break up that duo.

With as many comps as Aaryn has won, she has to be the most spinless player ever. She hasn't made one decision of her own with her HoH's. It makes me sick to hear her say "sorry, this isn't my nomination choice...I'm being force to do this by the house".

I don't know that Aaryn (or anyone else) would stand a better chance of beating Amanda at the end than Helen. The fact that everyone is much more afraid of Amanda tells me they think she is a bigger threat.
I agree with your first point, to a point. Aaryn is obviously better at competitions, so she could probably beat either McRae or Amanda and decide who to take to the finals. I do think McRae could beat Amanda in the finals, mostly due to likability. Not sure if anyone else could (outside of Helen).

I'm still floored that Helen fell for McRea's bogus deal. She played SO smart all game and she fell for that? She couldn't tell that Mcrae and Amanda are still lovie dovie? Maybe she's not as good a player as I thought she was.

Looks like Andy put himself in a tough spot. But how can he not see that he's 3rd or 4th on the 3AM list? He's going to have to win an HoH at the end to have a chance.

Maybe I've watched way too many of these types of shows, but I can tell almost immediately when the producers are throwing us a red herring. I knew that there was NO way that Aaryn was going to put up Amanda (although I was rooting for it. The fireworks would have been amazing!)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Maybe I've watched way too many of these types of shows, but I can tell almost immediately when the producers are throwing us a red herring. I knew that there was NO way that Aaryn was going to put up Amanda (although I was rooting for it. The fireworks would have been amazing!)
mee too, a sure sign of watching too much reality TV.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
Dnamertz

Quote:
I'm still floored that Helen fell for McRea's bogus deal. She played SO smart all game and she fell for that? She couldn't tell that Mcrae and Amanda are still lovie dovie? Maybe she's not as good a player as I thought she was.
I couldn't believe that either. It makes no sense that she would think McRae would make a final 3 deal that didn't include Amanda.

Quote:
Looks like Andy put himself in a tough spot. But how can he not see that he's 3rd or 4th on the 3AM list? He's going to have to win an HoH at the end to have a chance.
Both Andy and Aaryn are in that tough spot, which is why the possibility of Aaryn backdooring Amanda last night made SO much sense.

Quote:
Part of me also knew it was a red herring, but part of me knew that it made SO much damn sense that I actually though it was going to happen. Aaryn clearly stated the reasons to Andy why Amanda should have been backdoored, so we can't say that Aaryn just isn't seeing what we're seeing. The red herring really should have been that she was going to put up Spencer.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
gweempose

Quote:

That's a good point. Either way, she was on the bottom of the alliance. I guess it makes more sense to be on the bottom of a 3-person alliance than a 4-person alliance. It also would have been a strong move that she could have used as leverage when pleading her case to the jury at the end.

Unfortunately, this has turned out to be a very boring and predictable season, particularly on the heels of last season. The game needs a player like Dan in the house to make it interesting, and I think this is a strong argument why they should consider bringing back more past players in the future.
(3) Minis

Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

Andy's ability to access his emotions on cue is a dastardly ability ...
It's quite remarkable really. Too bad he's not as good at throwing challenges in an inconspicuous manner.
(3) Minis

Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
gweempose

Quote:

Maybe I've watched way too many of these types of shows, but I can tell almost immediately when the producers are throwing us a red herring. I knew that there was NO way that Aaryn was going to put up Amanda (although I was rooting for it.
Yep. I also knew that Spencer wasn't going to win PoV, even though they tried to make it seem like he might. When you watch these shows over and over again, it becomes easy to predict what's going to happen based purely on the editing. For example, I can almost always tell which team is going to go to tribal council on Survivor well before the immunity challenge. The editors try to misdirect you, but in reality they actually telegraph what's going to happen.
(3) Minis

Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
It's quite remarkable really. Too bad he's not as good at throwing challenges in an inconspicuous manner.
so true. if only helen's radar had been as keen on mccrae's faux alliance, and all of andy's lies of support.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

Part of me also knew it was a red herring, but part of me knew that it made SO much damn sense that I actually though it was going to happen. Aaryn clearly stated the reasons to Andy why Amanda should have been backdoored, so we can't say that Aaryn just isn't seeing what we're seeing. The red herring really should have been that she was going to put up Spencer.
Oh it made total sense to me too, but I knew she wouldn't do it. Amanda has such a tight grip on her and Andy (and Andy isn't seeing it either for some reason). In the end Aaryn said she was SCARED of Amanda. LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
That's a good point. Either way, she was on the bottom of the alliance. I guess it makes more sense to be on the bottom of a 3-person alliance than a 4-person alliance. It also would have been a strong move that she could have used as leverage when pleading her case to the jury at the end.

Unfortunately, this has turned out to be a very boring and predictable season, particularly on the heels of last season. The game needs a player like Dan in the house to make it interesting, and I think this is a strong argument why they should consider bringing back more past players in the future.
I think any season following Dan is going to be like this. Doesn't help that the lead player is mean and unlikable (well at least during the second half of the season...I kind of liked Amanda the first half). Dan was just such a fun player. Like Dr. Will, watching him operate was fun.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Yep. I also knew that Spencer wasn't going to win PoV, even though they tried to make it seem like he might. When you watch these shows over and over again, it becomes easy to predict what's going to happen based purely on the editing. For example, I can almost always tell which team is going to go to tribal council on Survivor well before the immunity challenge. The editors try to misdirect you, but in reality they actually telegraph what's going to happen.
Spencer did come a lot closer than I figured though.

I do wonder if there's any chance that Helen could still save herself. I am sure that the producers will make it seem like Helen has a chance, but she really has no shot IMO.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Here's the thing I couldn't understand. Aaryn HAS to understand that she's not making it to final 3 with Andy/Mcranda. Now would have been the PERFECT time to put amanda up. She could go to spencer and say "If I don't put you up, you vote how I want", then she'll have both Elissa and GM to vote amanda out. After that, there's only McCrae and Andy on that alliance and she could vote them out. She'd have a TON better chance with Spencer/GM in final 3.

She's so effing stupid I want them to put in a pandora's box or something just to upset the stupid Andy/Mcranda alliance.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
dirtypacman
MASS Zombie Hunter

Well Andy ended up showing most of the house his hand in the game when he squirmed with the Veto competition. It was nice to hear his name thrown around as a rat with a big mouth. Not that I expect it to harm him immediately but certainly overall.

Aaryn showed she is playing Amanda's game for the most part. She could use a bit more coaching for her own game. Since she has pretty much worked with most everyone so far in the game at one point or another she could take advantage and play it out that she would be top dog in one of the alliances she could make. She has shown she is a strong enough competitor that she can weild power in the game.

I too watch way too many of these shows or CBS reality shows in general because I see through 95% of the build-up's/red herrings as well. Takes away some of the fun but you can always hope. Like it would have been awesome to see Amanda go nutty to stay if she got put up on the block as the replacement.

It is going to be a little frustrating to watch the remainder of the weeks go by and people like GM and Elissa pulled along in anticipation of being able to win against them in the finals and no other reason. Spencer has got to do something in the game to show he deserves a vote or he will just be another floating player that makes his way to the end being seen as an easy opponent to win against.

The best thing that could happen tonight would consist of a Helen getting voted out, Judd or Jessie returning, Spencer winning HOH and the struggle for votes erupt if he actually has the balls to play to win.... meaning Andy/Amanda/Aaryn/McCrea being top 4 to put on the block.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
Here's the thing I couldn't understand. Aaryn HAS to understand that she's not making it to final 3 with Andy/Mcranda. Now would have been the PERFECT time to put amanda up. She could go to spencer and say "If I don't put you up, you vote how I want", then she'll have both Elissa and GM to vote amanda out. After that, there's only McCrae and Andy on that alliance and she could vote them out. She'd have a TON better chance with Spencer/GM in final 3.

She's so effing stupid I want them to put in a pandora's box or something just to upset the stupid Andy/Mcranda alliance.
Houseguests operate week to week this season except perhaps McRanda they seem to do alot of end game planning. Aaryn doesn't trust Spencer so even if she went to him with a deal she'd have to rely on his word instead of the greater possibility he rats her out to McRanda and puts him in position to take her place in 3AM. He is not in jeopardy of going out this week whether he is nomed or not.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Houseguests operate week to week this season except perhaps McRanda they seem to do alot of end game planning. Aaryn doesn't trust Spencer so even if she went to him with a deal she'd have to rely on his word instead of the greater possibility he rats her out to McRanda and puts him in position to take her place in 3AM. He is not in jeopardy of going out this week whether he is nomed or not.
But, who else does he have? He's been on the block 6 times. No one is in an alliance with him. He'd jump at the chance to be in an alliance, even if it was for 2 weeks.

Amanda's smugness is sickening. Especially when she cows people into doing what she wants (ie Elissa).

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
gweempose

I find it very interesting that the four people who have made bigoted and racially insensitive remarks (Amanda, Aaryn, GM and Spencer) have all managed to make it to the final eight. CBS can't be very happy about that, and I could see them doing something to mix up the game so that one of the other four remaining contestants has a better chance of winning.
(3) Minis

Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I've already pretty much concluded that 3AM will be in the final 4. Not one of the remaining HG (or the ones on the jury who might come back), are smart enough to initiate a move against them. I used to think Helen was, but not anymore. Once it gets to the Final 4, then whoever wins HoH will decide the rest.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
gweempose

Quote:

But, who else does he have? He's been on the block 6 times.
That's got to be getting close to a record. Has anyone in the history of the game been on the block more times without being evicted?
(3) Minis

Old 08-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
But, who else does he have? He's been on the block 6 times. No one is in an alliance with him. He'd jump at the chance to be in an alliance, even if it was for 2 weeks.

Amanda's smugness is sickening. Especially when she cows people into doing what she wants (ie Elissa).
How many chances throughout the game has Spencer had to align with one side or the other? Once MC broke up, I didn't even see him TRY to either be in an alliance or form one that lasted.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Here's the thing I couldn't understand. Aaryn HAS to understand that she's not making it to final 3 with Andy/Mcranda. Now would have been the PERFECT time to put amanda up. She could go to spencer and say "If I don't put you up, you vote how I want", then she'll have both Elissa and GM to vote amanda out.
this is what i was hoping for, but aaryn was afraid it was too soon to go after amanda and risk making herself a bigger target, especially with elissa against both her and gm(her only real alliance). she can't trust andy or spencer, and couldn't trust helen continue to influence elissa to support her.

what she fails to see is that she is already a huge target, and by not making the move, she might have blown her chances of making it until the end.

let's hope the twist tonight shakes things up, and gives some backbone to players other than amanda. i can't wait!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #23
Ment

Quote:

Not sure what Spences end game is, for now its hide behind bigger targets, Helen this week and then Aaryn/whoever comes back.

Yes he'd jump for alliance but he likes Mc/Andy the most and Helen/Elissa haven't trusted him ever since the Moving Company fallout and he knows that.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
this is what i was hoping for, but aaryn was afraid it was too soon to go after amanda and risk making herself a bigger target, especially with elissa against both her and gm(her only real alliance). she can't trust andy or spencer, and couldn't trust helen continue to influence elissa to support her.

what she fails to see is that she is already a huge target, and by not making the move, she might have blown her chances of making it until the end.

let's hope the twist tonight shakes things up, and gives some backbone to players other than amanda. i can't wait!
Aaryn winning all these competitions means, more than likely, she goes up next week (or the week after the returning HG goes home). McRanda will not want to risk her being around at the Final 3 or 4 even, where she could win HoH and send one of them packing.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #25
verdugan

Quote:
I find it very interesting that the four people who have made bigoted and racially insensitive remarks (Amanda, Aaryn, GM and Spencer) have all managed to make it to the final eight.
You statement is not correct.

Jeremy and Kaitlyn are gone and they said some things too. Even David said some bad things, and he was the first one to be voted out.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
2004raptor

If Helen goes tonight I'm hoping she wins whatever competition and comes right back in. I just don't think Jesse was ever good at the game. She'll cause some drama but that's about it. Almost the same thought with Judd. No desire to see Candice.

Helen will cause drama and be good at competitions and above average gameplay.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
If Helen goes tonight I'm hoping she wins whatever competition and comes right back in. I just don't think Jesse was ever good at the game. She'll cause some drama but that's about it. Almost the same thought with Judd. No desire to see Candice.

Helen will cause drama and be good at competitions and above average gameplay.
Helen will be voted out so the best scenario is that she comes back either she/Elissa wins HOH and then puts up Mc/Andy(tell him he's a pawn if necessary) and backdoor Amanda. Andy will play his rat game and blow up their alliance and Helen can bring Aaryn into her side.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #28
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
so true. if only helen's radar had been as keen on mccrae's faux alliance, and all of andy's lies of support.
Another thing that makes Helen not look so smart is last night when she asked Andy if McRae is trustworthy. Of course he's not. Helen has evidence of him not being trustworthy...as far as Helen knows, McRae has gone behind Amanda's back and formed the 3 perosn alliance with Helen and Andy. How can Helen not see that as an example of untrustworthy?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Another thing that makes Helen not look so smart is last night when she asked Andy if McRae is trustworthy. Of course he's not. Helen has evidence of him not being trustworthy...as far as Helen knows, McRae has gone behind Amanda's back and formed the 3 perosn alliance with Helen and Andy. How can Helen not see that as an example of untrustworthy?
And she should have known, the second she was put up on the block that it had to be McRanda behind it. Why would McRae agree to it if he is in a secret alliance with Elissa and Helen. That should have been a HUGE red flag. The fact that Helen didn't realize she was the target until she talked to Andy and Aaryn, makes me wonder if Helen was just too tunnel visioned in her game to realize what was going on around her.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
gweempose

Quote:

And she should have known, the second she was put up on the block that it had to be McRanda behind it. Why would McRae agree to it if he is in a secret alliance with Elissa and Helen. That should have been a HUGE red flag. The fact that Helen didn't realize she was the target until she talked to Andy and Aaryn, makes me wonder if Helen was just too tunnel visioned in her game to realize what was going on around her.
She definitely got overconfident and let her guard down. The second you do that in this game, you're usually toast.
(3) Minis