TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
RusRus

TCP 8080 Failed

I don't know if this problem existed before I moved from AT&T DSL to Cox Cable Modem or not but when I ran diagnostics it said that Port configuration failed and it said TCP 8080 needs to be open. How do I open it?

My router is a D-Link 615.

Last edited by RusRus : 07-04-2013 at 09:41 PM.
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
HomeUser

Help can be found on TiVo's website Which network ports and IP addresses do I need open when using my TiVo box?

I doubt if they are blocking 8080 that is a frequently used port search the web for something like "websites setup on port 8080" look for one using :8080
Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
SKInouye

Arrow Same error & problems with Pandora too

We have 2 Series 3 TiVo XL boxes.

We have been having problems with Pandora going on 3 or 4 weeks now. Songs get stuck and the same note repeats over and over, sometimes for just a few seconds and sometimes for a minute or more.

So I headed over the Network Diagnostics and sure enough, I am getting the same port configuration error on both TiVo boxes which are connecting via the WiFi:

The port(s) listed below need to be opened on your router. For more information, review your router manual or contact your ISP.

TCP port 8080

I called Verizon Fios and (no surprise) they wouldn't help me. I am using the Verizon supplied Actiontec router because my Internet comes over coaxial cable.

We stream Netflix on our TiVo and have no problems with that, just Pandora.

I have tried setting up the port forwarding on the router per this article support. tivo. com/ app/ answers/ detail/ a_id/ 402/ kw/ ports and this did not help.

I have noticed when I use another box to stream Pandora that sometimes that box needs to buffer the stream. I wonder if this is the problem and the TiVo XL just doesn't do a very good job handling that?

But that still doesn't explain why this has only been a problem for the last several week...or why we are getting this port error now.
SKInouye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Port 8080 failures are a red herring, they're not the issue.