TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 8/1/2013

No surprises, Howard goes. And I'm getting tired of everyone saying, "I'm sorry to say, I vote for Howard (or whoever)." If you're so sorry then vote your conscious and not with the crowd.

I knew that it was a Red Herring about some saying that they need Candace gone. I knew it would be Howard. And what a stupid mistake telling Andy ANY plans. They don't realize yet that he's in the pocket of Helen?

With Howard gone and Spencer hanging on, how soon before the power struggle between Amanda and Helen. Both seem to think they are running the house.

Elissa. She was starting to grow on me for a few episodes, but she's clearly useless and only still in the house because of her sister's work on the outside. Her whiny voice annoys the heck out of me. I wish she'd go.

I think the million dollar question to me will be if Helen/Amanda (not sure who's going to win that battle yet) keeps Arryn around for the finals assuring they win, or, if they take one of their allies. I think it's more probable that Amanda takes McRea than Helen keeps an ally.

Amanda and McRea are Big Brother engaged and are planning a big old Jewish wedding? Huh? What the heck is Big Brother engaged? Is that a show-marriage? That should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Not the best season, but it's been reasonably entertaining.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Hcour

I was surprised Amanda got nom'd. She's one of my fav's, very down to earth and likable.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Best part of the show last night....when the camera man made sure to pan the camera farther back in the DR to show us Amanda in her bikini top.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
dirtypacman
Coming and going

As already stated no real surprises this episode. Makes for a bit of a lame episode but it did highlight a bit more the power struggles in the house. Hopefully HOH this week will have some balls in the game and not just follow the current power structure.

Andy is a weasel, and annoys me. He is playing a decent game for not having any real power other then his vote but I don't like watching or listening to him.

I would love to see Helen on the block and maybe even McCrea because that would make for some good conflicts in the house.

Next weeks double eviction can change things quick as well
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Amanda is playing too hard in the house. She is making herself a target. And I wish she wouldn't, because she seems very likable. She needs to prance around in bikinis more.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I was surprised Amanda got nom'd. She's one of my fav's, very down to earth and likable.
Well part of her is phony

But yeah, I like her, and she's one I'm rooting for. She's playing a good game and she makes me crack up.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Best part of the show last night....when the camera man made sure to pan the camera farther back in the DR to show us Amanda in her bikini top.

All I keep thinking is, if this were outside the house, think McRea would have ANY shot at her?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
As already stated no real surprises this episode. Makes for a bit of a lame episode but it did highlight a bit more the power struggles in the house. Hopefully HOH this week will have some balls in the game and not just follow the current power structure.

Andy is a weasel, and annoys me. He is playing a decent game for not having any real power other then his vote but I don't like watching or listening to him.

I would love to see Helen on the block and maybe even McCrea because that would make for some good conflicts in the house.

Next weeks double eviction can change things quick as well
I agree about Andy. I used to like him, but he's the house snitch. He really annoys me now, and at some point, he's got to go. He's got no real game except to cling on to the real power in the house. Unless he goes against Jessie or Judd at the end, he's got no chance to win (although Judd has at least won a HoH).
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
Amanda is playing too hard in the house. She is making herself a target. And I wish she wouldn't, because she seems very likable. She needs to prance around in bikinis more.
I think she's playing too hard to us, but I'm not sure if the house sees it that way. Well maybe Howard did, but in the end Amanda got him out. Ultimately this game is going to turn on who wins the power struggle between Helen and Amanda. Even though neither of them may win, that battle is going to determine the game eventually.

Oh and I forgot to mention....3 weeks in a row that "we" pick the MVP nominee. Think that was planned or the producers realize that it wasn't working with Rachel "rigging" the votes for her sis from the outside, and they felt that it was an unfair advantage for one player?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
Martha

I loved LOVED seeing Judd's family and hometown - especially Eugene, the man on the street. I played his part twice and still have no idea what he was saying! Judd sounds exactly like his mom and dad! So funny.

As far as families and hometowns go, please BB, do NOT show us Gina Marie's family and friends. That is one crowd I do not need to see or hear.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post

As far as families and hometowns go, please BB, do NOT show us Gina Marie's family and friends. That is one crowd I do not need to see or hear.
It'd be interesting to see what they have to say about her comments. I wonder if Nick has stopped by to visit them yet?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Well part of her is phony
I see what you did there.

She's playing a bit too intense, but I'm rooting for her right now.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I loved LOVED seeing Judd's family and hometown - especially Eugene, the man on the street. I played his part twice and still have no idea what he was saying! Judd sounds exactly like his mom and dad! So funny.

Actually that is one family I want to see. Since she's from my neck of the woods, the same as Judd is probably closer to your neck of the woods.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
gweempose

Quote:

Amanda and McRea are Big Brother engaged and are planning a big old Jewish wedding? Huh? What the heck is Big Brother engaged? Is that a show-marriage? That should be interesting to see how it plays out.
I assume it means they are pretend engaged, and will have a fictional wedding inside the house.

Quote:
All I keep thinking is, if this were outside the house, think McRea would have ANY shot at her?
None whatsoever.
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
It'd be interesting to see what they have to say about her comments. I wonder if Nick has stopped by to visit them yet?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she tries to call Nick and Nick doesn't pick up the phone

From what we saw on CBS, was there any inkling that Nick was even a LITTLE interested in her?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I assume it means they are pretend engaged, and will have a fictional wedding inside the house.

That's my assumption too. I think a fictional wedding, where Spencer plays the rabbi would be just hysterical!! And then I wonder if they will consummate the marriage (perhaps they have already!)
Old 08-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Hmm - I don't like Amanda very much.

I liked Howard a lot.

...and WTF Candace. Did you /NOT/ remember Spencer saying, "I'm on your side, no matter what you might hear, I'm on your side*"

Emotionally unstable.

*paraphrasing.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
Martha

Quote:
Maybe they invited him over for cawfee. If they're all as loud as she is, I just wouldn't want to hear it.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
2004raptor

Can't stand Andy.
Elissa is absolutely worthless at competitions, totally unlike her annoying sister.
Candace needs to go. commenting that Aaryn put up her and Howard because they are black.
Hated to see Howard go. I was rooting for him early on but he sealed his own fate lying to Helen.
I don't really like mcrae, Amanda is OK.
Helen is becoming a little annoying.
Gina Marie is worthless and annoying.
I wouldn't mind Spencer or Amanda winning this point but neither one really matters.
So-so season.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #20
Alfer
WOOSAH!

So Miss Amanda is now getting called out on the whole racist thing for stuff she's said according to this latest report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3691891.html
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
gweempose

Quote:
So Miss Amanda is now getting called out on the whole racist thing for stuff she's said according to this latest report.

And people wonder why America nominated her this week. How did BB manage to cast so many truly unlikable people this season? It's as if they had an open casting call for racist, homophobic scumbags.
(3) Minis

Last edited by gweempose : 08-02-2013 at 12:39 PM.
gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
And people wonder why America nominated her this week. How did BB manage to cast so many truly unlikable people like this season? It's as if they had an open casting call for racist, homophobic scumbags.
Interestingly enough, the CBS President has final approval on the houseguests (and of course is married to Julie Chen).

www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/
Old 08-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Interestingly enough, the CBS President has final approval on the houseguests (and of course is married to Julie Chen).
thanks, that article was interesting.

i imagine the president relies on others to interview and vet before presenting the final selections, though. i would be surprised if the final choices given to the pres were more than a video, head shots, and a few summarized paragraphs, prepared by staff.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #24
Hcour

Quote:

First I've seen of this. My opinion of her has changed accordingly.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #25
verdugan

Quote:
Maybe they invited him over for cawfee. If they're all as loud as she is, I just wouldn't want to hear it.
LOL You know they are!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Hated to see Howard go. I was rooting for him early on but he sealed his own fate lying to Helen.
That def. put him on Helen's radar. But that weird speech he gave to the house is what ultimately sealed his fate.

The fact that he thought it went great, when it bombed (even Spencer said so) is evidence of how bad of a BB player he was.

To be honest, if we didn't have all the racist stuff in the house, Howard would probably be one step above Jessie.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
To be honest, if we didn't have all the racist stuff in the house, Howard would probably be one step above Jessie.
Ehhh...you're going to have to explain that one to me.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Ehhh...you're going to have to explain that one to me.
Meaning, he's not a good BB player. Everybody praises him (myself included) for not lowering himself to Aaryn's level and instead taking the high road. He deserves props for that. But as far as his gameplay is concerned? It sucks

Now imagine a season where there was no racist drama and the only impression we had of Howard was his game play? He wouldn't get as much airtime and we wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to him as we have.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #29
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post

...and WTF Candace. Did you /NOT/ remember Spencer saying, "I'm on your side, no matter what you might hear, I'm on your side*"

Emotionally unstable.

*paraphrasing.
This. When Amanda asks if you're going to vote for her, you say no. Candace just needs to decide if he's being honest with her or with Amanda. And then pay no attention to the chatter.

Quote:
Before I saw the clip of Amanda I would have said no, but now I think maybe McCrae is too good for her. I do wonder if he realizes he's going to have to get a real job.....unless one of them wins.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #30
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
Meaning, he's not a good BB player. Everybody praises him (myself included) for not lowering himself to Aaryn's level and instead taking the high road. He deserves props for that. But as far as his gameplay is concerned? It sucks

Now imagine a season where there was no racist drama and the only impression we had of Howard was his game play? He wouldn't get as much airtime and we wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to him as we have.
I mean about comparing him to Jessie. I was thinking you were talking about the WWE dude...then realized you might be talking about the woman in the house this season.

But you're right - the things that make me like him, don't necessarily make him a good player.