TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 7/18/2013

No real surprises, except WE are the MVP next week. Blah. I wonder if this was planned all along or a reaction to Elissa winning the first three? My gut tells me it was because of Elissa, and if that's the case, it means that the producers didn't think the MVP through when they installed it.

Any bets that Aaryn is the MVP choice to go up on the block, and that she doesn't go home? (assuming she's not put on the block by Jud.)
Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

well they tried to make it interesting but what chance did they really have? In any event I'm glad to see Jeremy go home. This way we don't have to see his head explode if it got any bigger.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
well they tried to make it interesting but what chance did they really have? In any event I'm glad to see Jeremy go home. This way we don't have to see his head explode if it got any bigger.
And his head was big to begin with. I love how he kept saying he's a changed person, while still calling himself things like "a winner and other braggadocio. The guy just can't help himself.

The only problem with getting rid of Jeremy and Nick, is that really, the rest of them are far from interesting, unless you consider overt racism interest.

Except maybe Amanda....she cracks me up. Go Amanda. I think she's my new favorite now.

Every time Jud is mentioned or on the screen, we just can't help saying out loud...Juuuuuudddd. It's so wrong, but we just can't help ourselves. Maybe we'll finally see if he has any game play or he just does what Helen or Amanda tell him.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

j-u-double-d is hoh! can't wait for this weeks's noms to see if judd will run his own hoh, and if anyone will freak out trying to figure out the mvp (twist).

finally, without elissa as mvp, i believe do aaryn will be america's top mvp nom pick. looks like second place will be important, too, if judd puts aaryn up.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
LlamaLarry

This season is kind of boring me, plus with the AD show being on TV Guide channel instead of Showtime I am actually watching BB much less than recent seasons (I don't remember when AD started).

Not sure I am down with the MVP switch, it was lame in their implementation, but like the OP I think it was switched up because they did not account for Elissa always winning it.

Amanda and her showmance McCrae are the only folks I actually like in the house.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
j-u-double-d is hoh! can't wait for this weeks's noms to see if judd will run his own hoh, and if anyone will freak out trying to figure out the mvp (twist).

finally, without elissa as mvp, i believe do aaryn will be america's top mvp nom pick. looks like second place will be important, too, if judd puts aaryn up.
I read the disclaimer to see what would happen if the nominee was already on the block or HoH. Seems like second place goes up (or third I suppose if the top two vote getters are already up.)

I also wonder if this will be the end of MVP or if they will go back to Elissa winning every week?

This is far from the best season, but I'm in for the remainder. I'll be away for a week, so not sure if I'll try and catch up or just read here and elsewhere and decide if it's worth watching the missed episodes or not.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLarry View Post
This season is kind of boring me, plus with the AD show being on TV Guide channel instead of Showtime I am actually watching BB much less than recent seasons (I don't remember when AD started).

Not sure I am down with the MVP switch, it was lame in their implementation, but like the OP I think it was switched up because they did not account for Elissa always winning it.

Amanda and her showmance McCrae are the only folks I actually like in the house.
Agree with all. I'm actually watching a little AD now that it's on TVGN, as I don't sub to Showtime. It might be the most boring thing on TV in my lifetime. Bunch of people sitting around talking about nothing.

As I've said I'm not usually a fan of the viewers deciding things in the game (the one exception was America's Player). What COULD happen this week is that if the right person is America's nonimee, it could change who gets voted off, because it's one less vote available. It depends on Judd and whether he goes with the power in the house or plays his own game.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
2004raptor

Glad to see Jeremy go. What a conceited pr&@$.
2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
nmiller855

There will be a Big Brother marathon today starting at 11am cdt & lasting until 6pm cdt. I think it is a combination of episodes shown on regular TV then all the episodes of Big Brother After Dark.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
There will be a Big Brother marathon today starting at 11am cdt & lasting until 6pm cdt. I think it is a combination of episodes shown on regular TV then all the episodes of Big Brother After Dark.
On TVGN?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I'm pretty sure the MVP switch was because of Elissa/Rachel. And I have no doubt Aaryn will be put up. Confirming to her how America feels about her. Amanda did warn her.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I'm pretty sure the MVP switch was because of Elissa/Rachel. And I have no doubt Aaryn will be put up. Confirming to her how America feels about her. Amanda did warn her.
Maybe she'll finally realize it...but I doubt it. She's too self absorbed, and probably doesn't care.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Maybe she'll finally realize it...but I doubt it. She's too self absorbed, and probably doesn't care.
she's the smart one and the rest of us are the idiots. She doesn't care what idiots think.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #14
nmiller855

yes on tvgn
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #15
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
The only problem with getting rid of Jeremy and Nick, is that really, the rest of them are far from interesting, unless you consider overt racism interest.
I don't think it's that they aren't interesting, it's just that we haven't seen enough of them. Week 1-2 was all about the MC. Week 2-3 was about the racists. With both of those storylines falling away, I think we'll get to see and know more about the other players. Up until last night, I would see Judd and think, who is that? I think the only time we saw Jessie in the past few episodes was during the comps and just in passing.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

I laugh every time she talks about Karma, and them being Winners...and the other people losers.

They haven't won anything yet - unless you count her HoH...which was a disaster for her. THEY are the losers in this house. Too funny.

When I first saw her, she reminded me of an ex-gf....once her nature surfaced, she reminded me of her even more. Just a despicable person.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
When I first saw her, she reminded me of an ex-gf....once her nature surfaced, she reminded me of her even more. Just a despicable person.
But great in bed??
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

No good enough to stay with her.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
No good enough to stay with her.
I sure took some time to figure that out though
Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #20
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

I am a man, after all.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #21
verdugan

Quote:
In her defense, it's America who is at fault. We're discriminating against her for being a winner and being popular, just like the house did with Jeremy.

It's not right!

I can't wait to hear her exit interview.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
In her defense, it's America who is at fault. We're discriminating against her for being a winner and being popular, just like the house did with Jeremy.

It's not right!

I can't wait to hear her exit interview.
If there is one. Right now, she's the ideal person to go against at the end.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLarry View Post
One thing they could have easily done was prevent the same MVP in consecutive weeks. In general, however, I don't like the idea of viewers having a hand in the integral workings of the show (picking have-not food is fine but not the power to put someone on the block).
Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr461 View Post
One thing they could have easily done was prevent the same MVP in consecutive weeks. In general, however, I don't like the idea of viewers having a hand in the integral workings of the show (picking have-not food is fine but not the power to put someone on the block).
Speaking of Have-not. That aspect of the game has been pretty much ignored this season, especially after the first week or so. We've had a couple of votes on what they will eat. I only remember them revealing the first vote winner, not the second.

To me, if they did away with the Have-not aspect of the game, I wouldn't miss it.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Capital B - Boring episode but I expected so with J being back doored. It was nice to see Aaryn is absolutely just an evil woman, I was holding out judgement based on her racism alone and got to see she likes to see people cry lol.

Judd is going to get laid with Jessie - she was all over him once he had some power.

America being MVP - Blah CBS stupid tactics for interaction. I won't vote.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

What is up with GinaMarie? Super-creepy-stalker type? Basically a shrine to Nick, going as far as keeping his cereal box?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post

Judd is going to get laid with Jessie - she was all over him once he had some power.
Actually, i think she's been all over him before he even won HOH.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #28
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
What is up with GinaMarie? Super-creepy-stalker type? Basically a shrine to Nick, going as far as keeping his cereal box?
I knew she was crazy, but the cereal box? That's restraining-order level of crazy.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #29
Ment

Quote:
Speaking of Have-not. That aspect of the game has been pretty much ignored this season, especially after the first week or so. We've had a couple of votes on what they will eat. I only remember them revealing the first vote winner, not the second.

To me, if they did away with the Have-not aspect of the game, I wouldn't miss it.
Have-Not is a crucial part of the game. Houseguests get really cranky after a few days and then drama ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Yes and Yes. Not sure how she is outside the house but House GM is very cray..
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #30
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Have-Not is a crucial part of the game. Houseguests get really cranky after a few days and then drama ensues.
For such a crucial part of the game, they certainly are ignoring it on CBS. I think this particular season, you have enough BS-Crazies that it wouldn't matter if they were on slop or not. They ARE showing the Have-not room a lot though. I think while the have played down the food part, they might have ramped up the sleeping part.